Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you have a healthy outlook ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you have a healthy outlook ??
    Posted: 13-Mar-2008 at 21:12
Originally posted by Menumorut

While at fruits, vegetables you can describe their taste, is not the same with meat. It has not taste but rather smell and it's attracting rather by some illusive memories about other times you have eaten.
I'm not sure what you mean with this.

Not only their breath smells bad, but is agitate,not relaxed as at Herbivorous.
You call sheep, deer and rabbits relaxed? LOL
Brian J Checco View Drop Down
General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2008 at 21:18
Me personally, I drink fairly often and smoke constantly, but I maintain an active lifestyle and try to get outdoors to do some sort of physical activity as often as possible- weather, school and other affairs permitting. I don't necessarily watch what I eat (which is usually copious amounts of red meat and potatoes or starches of some sort), but I do eat fairly moderately. Two decent sized meals a day with intermittent grazing in between.

And I'm healthy as a horse. Feel good, look good, sleep well, don't get stressed out, etc. Get a cold about once a year that metastasizes into bronchitis because I usually refuse to cut back on my cigarette intake during my illness, but that's about it.

It's really more about being vigorous in mind and body by constantly exercising both than it is about being rigorous in diet and regimen. Besides, you're only as healthy as you feel. Feel healthy, be healthy.
My Name is Eli Manning. Ponce owns my soul.
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2008 at 22:23
Oh, god no.  My outlook is anything but healthy.  I use to have a very healthy outlook.  Run 2+ hours M-F, playing sports a lot; like the amazing activity known as nordic skiingBig%20smile and in the summer swimming.  Not anymore:   at most two meals a day, usually one, often times at midnight or early morning, very high stress levels, (I think I'm starting to lose my hair from that, though my stress levels are going to remain high for a while yet, unavoidable) practically no excercise, sugar levels dramatically up from previous years.  Because of this I'm now overweight, whereas I use to be in excellent physical condition especially my freshmen year of college; three years ago.  I don't smoke (I'm going to learn to fly before I start smoking) and have only drank a few times in moderation.  (dislike the taste of beer intensely)  Though in time I plan to "recover", thankfully I'm still young, though if this keeps up I'll not be growing very old...

Menumorut:   You have a very interesting outlook, its refreshing to read of a different perspective. 
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2008 at 22:39
Originally posted by Chilbudios

Menumorut, I can feel the flavour of the meat, some of the most finest and tastiest dishes are made with meat. Yes, there's tasteless meat but also there are tasteless vegetables of fruits, like many of the bloated market products which look big, look nice but taste like nothing. I for one am not going for healthiness but for tastiness. Lucky for me the artificial food usually tastes worse than its natural counterpart.

Taste and smell are closely related. That's when we are cold and our nose is running we feel the food is not so tasty Wink

Before I left eating meat, I was eating much of it, so I know what I say.

In food, if something is smelling good it can tastes good or bad and if smells bad surely it tastes bad too. Meat has no taste, is some greasy sponge.

I was not cold since long (being a vegan means also you are not going ill) but I remember when I was, fruit juice and fruits allways where having taste.

I'm not sure what you mean with this.

Is a autosugestion that meat has taste. This autosugestion works before and after you eat it, not when you do.

You call sheep, deer and rabbits relaxed?

Ofcourse. Just see that Herbivorous are breathing with the mouth shut off, while many Carnivorous stay with the mouth opened.

Edited by Menumorut - 13-Mar-2008 at 22:42

Chilbudios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Chilbudios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2008 at 23:45

Maybe the problems is in you, not in everybody else.

Edited by Chilbudios - 13-Mar-2008 at 23:47
TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2008 at 23:59

Originally posted by TheARRGH

Third: ...Disturbing how? disturbing doesn't mean anything--define it, and explain how laughter's health benefits can be outweighed by distraction.fourth: Loneliness is unlikely to be comforting.

Not everything is reversible. Well feeling is not reversible if is made for your self-feeling of the body, but sports are made for a visual building of the body or for ataining some performances which gives little satisfaction.

Laughing and exteriorizing make you empty inside.

Many people are scared of loneliness. Is a superstition, they believe that staying alone for a while will make them lost some social advantages. This way, they run away of an experience which would make them live deeper and more true.

Humanity is nothing alone.

We achieve most things not because we are intelligent, but because we interact with each other. Other people are one of the best things to exist--to not take advantage of that seems rather strange.

In addition, I think we're having a communications breakdown here. How can laughter make you empty inside if real humor happens when you're enjoying yourself and feeling at peace?

besides which, the term "empty inside" is ill-defined. What does it mean to you?
Because, personally, it's never helped me feel really fulfilled or at peace--or healthy--to avoid joy or to seclude myself from friends. In addition, health is two things---healthy body and healthy mind. Strength in either department can't make up for deficiency in the other, even if it can have some affect. Exercise exists to assist the "healthy body" side; laughter, happiness, contemplation, meditation, and interaction with true friends are there to help the other side of the equation.
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2008 at 00:46

Humanity is nothing alone.We achieve most things not because we are intelligent, but because we interact with each other. Other people are one of the best things to exist--to not take advantage of that seems rather strange.

Sounds ideologizant, communist even. As we need rest, we need moments of solitude. One can speak about the feeling of solitude only after experienced it.

I don't say we have to live in permanent solitude, like hermits.

How can laughter make you empty inside if real humor happens when you're enjoying yourself and feeling at peace?besides which, the term "empty inside" is ill-defined. What does it mean to you?

Just observe how you feel after you laughted savourously. Exteriorizing yourself means that you loose the internal feelings, which are those that give sense and beauty to life.

Because, personally, it's never helped me feel really fulfilled or at peace--or healthy--to avoid joy or to seclude myself from friends.

Naturaly we are inclined to believe that exterior things are those giving us satisfaction, and is true, but in a larger measure is the interior life, because is inside us, is us, not a sume of visual and auditive images. If you are used to observe how your peace stay or leave from your heart, you would observe that solitude moments combined with the ones with your fellows and family make a good equilibre for a good life.

In addition, health is two things---healthy body and healthy mind. Strength in either department can't make up for deficiency in the other, even if it can have some affect.

Agree.

Exercise exists to assist the "healthy body" side; laughter, happiness, contemplation, meditation, and interaction with true friends are there to help the other side of the equation.

Healthy means only one thing: to feel good. Making sport cann't gives you that because sport is an effort, it consumes you when you are doing it and consumes much of the rest of time because of need of resting. Unforced movement, like walking or anything pleasantful, is better.

Laughting consumes you too. Contemplation, if is not some mind controll thing but simply staying, is not bad but very good. Meditation is distructive because imply some intervention on your own mind or deliberate thinking at something and this produces a mutation, a grave afection of the function of the mind.

Interaction is good with friends but is more interesting with new people or with people you know little because you discover new universes. You may know that word, "we are made of the people we have met".

Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2008 at 13:11
ya know, if we'd kept tilling the fields by hand for our survival this wouldn't be as big an issue LOL
Einstein said, "God does not play dice." He was right. God plays Scrabble. - Philip Gold
Goban View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Goban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2008 at 15:35
I tried to start running again but ashes flew in my eyes and my beer foamed up... it was horrible.

But seriously, I haven't exercised since I got out of the service and it is starting to take its toll. I like theARRGH philosophy though. Big%20smile
The sharpest spoon in the drawer.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2008 at 15:43

being a vegan means also you are not going ill)

Sorry, but this is total nonsense.

Is a autosugestion that meat has taste. This autosugestion works before and after you eat it, not when you do.

I disagree. Meat has real flavour. What's next? Cucumbers are more tasty than roasted chicken?

Ofcourse. Just see that Herbivorous are breathing with the mouth shut off, while many Carnivorous stay with the mouth opened.

Sheep, deer and rabbits are among the most stressed animals on earth; in fact a lot of them die from heart attacks caused from stress or fright. I don't see how walking around with your mouth open or not determines how relaxed someone is.

Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2008 at 16:33
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

Sorry, but this is total nonsense.

OK, I exagerated, I was thinking at that being a vegan makes you constient of your body in a detached, objective way, having also the senses stronger and that makes you being harder affectable by disorders, because disorders appears there where you are not conscious about.

Meat has real flavour. What's next? Cucumbers are more tasty than roasted chicken?

Not all vegetables are tasty, only some, tomatoes especialy. Fruits are almost all tasty, but especialy the juicy ones: citrics, grapes.

Sheep, deer and rabbits are among the most stressed animals on earth; in fact a lot of them die from heart attacks caused from stress or fright. I don't see how walking around with your mouth open or not determines how relaxed someone is.

They are not stressed because of their metabolism.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2008 at 16:59

Menumorut, looks like you like sweets and don't spice up your veggies. You know some blood types may have an affinity to certain food groups. I don't know much about it but there is ongoing research in that area. We all have our favorites. As a matter of personal taste there is no wrong answer.

Regarding your notion on disorders is interesting to read. You seem to be in tune with your body and monitor your intake. But man, a medium cooked steak with some oregano, pepper, salt and a cold one will send the senses into overdrive. Health wise you are probably better off than us animal eating T-Rex types.

So as not to have too much indigestion after a hardy meal I'll top it off with some yogurt.

Edited by Seko - 14-Mar-2008 at 17:00
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2008 at 17:28
I eat only uncooked fruits (and in the summer fresh tomatoes) and bread, sometimes boiled potatoes.

TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2008 at 23:46
Originally posted by Goban

I tried to start running again but ashes flew in my eyes and my beer foamed up... it was horrible.

But seriously, I haven't exercised since I got out of the service and it is starting to take its toll. I like theARRGH philosophy though. Big%20smile

YAAAAAY I made a contribution!

...back to seriousness...

Does anyone here know a healthy kind of food that can be cooked relatively quickly, is addictively tasty, and isn't too hard to find?

eating healthy isn't very hard for me, but I like to have variety and I'm trying to figure out a few immensely healthy dishes that I can just stand up and prepare. (not that three-hour lentil-and-vegetable stews aren't nice too....).
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Brian J Checco View Drop Down
General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2008 at 03:19

I eat only uncooked fruits (and in the summer fresh tomatoes) and bread, sometimes boiled potatoes.

You must seriously dislike yourself to feel such a pressing need for such extreme dietary self-flagellation. You're body will stay alive forever, man, but you won't really have lived. No meat, no sports, no alcohol, no 'meditation,' etc. What do you do for kicks? Aside from walk and eat uncooked fruits...
My Name is Eli Manning. Ponce owns my soul.
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2008 at 07:48
Is not imposed, I am simply what I want. And also I like only some types of fruits and to be of good quality, if they are not I prefer not to eat.

Anything else make me feel such bad that is impossible to eat. Even the smell of frighten flesh make me feel very bad.

What I do for kicks? You mean for distraction? For religious convinctions, I'm renouncing not only at distractions but at any activity that don't allow me to remain in permanent prayer (which doesn't consist in saying some words or but in not focusing my atention on bodily activities or in deliberate thoughts or any menthal activity).

In this way I do only some things to which the body is self-moving (like when you walk and your legs are moving without you being focused on them).

I feel very well most of time. I believe living spreaded in wordly activities and exteriorization not only that doesn't gives you satisfaction but progresively desintegrates your eternal being. Also I don'ty believe in the laws of physics and biology, I believe that someone living like me don't get old.

Edited by Menumorut - 15-Mar-2008 at 08:03

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2008 at 16:33
Alright, you had me convinced you are a stand up guy till that last sentence. You know the one about not believing in laws of physics. Healthy living does enhance system functioning but it still follows basic fundamentals we are composed of.

Reminds me of the movie 'My Cousin Vinnie'.

Vinnie - "How could it take you five minutes to cook your grits when it takes the entire grit eating world twenty minutes?"

Tipton - "I don't know. I'm a fast cook I guess."

Vinnie - "Are we to believe that boiling water soaks into a grit faster in your kitchen then on any place on the face of the earth?"

Tipton - "I don't know."

Vinnie - "Well perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on your stove. Were these magic grits? Did you buy them from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?" "Are you sure about that five minutes?"

Tipton - "I don't know."

Vinnie - "Are you sure about that five minutes?"

Tipton - "I don't know!"
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2008 at 17:37
The fact there are things that make us feel bad doesn't contradict with that there are not physics laws.

The senzation of good or bad is in spirit and the things that produces each can be anything. The same thing can produce a bad feeling or a good one, if they produce allways the same feeling is due to that this is how God wants. And can be changed anytime.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2008 at 19:36

I believe in:1) Exercise. Your body is a machine that gets better the more you use it (to a point).2) eating healthily. Ideally organic and local, with a balanced and varied diet--largely vegetables, fruits, nuts, legumes, dairy products, good oils, and hopefully some good lean meat and fish.3)Avoiding stress. crack a joke, find hilarious sites, meditate, take martial arts. Your mental state has an effect on your body's health--and it's not as hard to escape stress at you might think. You just have to work at it, like anything else.4)Interacting with people. It's healthy to talk, interact, imagine, discuss, and invent. your brain is part of your body, and the BEST exercise for it is using it alongside your friends. Thinking together is healthier than thinking alone.

This is good and I really agree and try to live this way. I am starting to run again with the milder temps but besides supplimants I eat a lot of raw vegies or steamed. I love sprouts with feta cheese on them. I will start hiking now that the snow is dispearing for the surrounding pine forests.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Tore The Dog View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Tore The Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2008 at 19:53

Originally posted by Goban

YAAAAAY I made a contribution!

...back to seriousness...

Does anyone here know a healthy kind of food that can be cooked relatively quickly, is addictively tasty, and isn't too hard to find?

eating healthy isn't very hard for me, but I like to have variety and I'm trying to figure out a few immensely healthy dishes that I can just stand up and prepare. (not that three-hour lentil-and-vegetable stews aren't nice too....).

Well exercise atleast 20 minutes a day!

And do you like every thing in food stuff ?

Take a Clay Pot put it in water , take what ever you like in it , frozen around 2 hours not frozen 1 houer , in owen , 225 degrees celcius , before open the lid to gett a brown crust for a 15 minutes , eat , but you have to clean it after.

Its an easy way to do good meals , and you dont have to stand in the kitchen all the time.

But this is a healty way too , i am near 50 and i run faster than my kidds!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>