Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alien Landings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alien Landings
    Posted: 06-Mar-2008 at 23:46
Here's a drinking game we were playing tonight.

It's simply selecting the best landing spot on earth for visiters from another planet.

A few rules

(1) The landing will be public.
(2) The aliens are peaceful and friendly
(3) They have studied the Earth and know all about it's history and current affairs

The dangers they wish to avoid

(1) Ending up in the lab between the chain smoking beagle and the monkey high on food additive.
(2)Being surrounded by soldiers (as in movies) all pointing guns at them as they open the spaceship door.
(3) Landing in a place that will instantly get nuked the moment they open the spaceship door for fear of them helping arming the government. IE: Tehran.
(4) Landing in a tiny country that instantly gets invaded or pressured by a powerful aggressive neighbour, EG: Timur.

List we came up with are.
Costa Rica, no army, peaceful, but could be pressured from neighbours.
Switzerland, 500 years neutrality, but surrounded by EU.
Japan, safe from neighbours, non-agressive, Hi-Tech.
India, safe from neighbours, non-aligned state, tolerant of more diverse and extreme beliefs than anywhere else. Could be too militaristic and nationalsitic.
Singapore, peaceful, civilised, could be vulnerable to forign influence.
New Zealand, Peaceful, laid back, vulnerable to foriegn influnce.
Norway, Peaceful, tolerant, civilised, but member of Nato.

Can you think of somewhere better?

Edited by Paul - 07-Mar-2008 at 19:29
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 09:34
Of those choices I'd say switzerland would be the best bet. I mean the EU couldn't pressure them without losing face as such a tolerant entity.

Japan I think may not be safe from the dissection possibility, I mean the scientists didn't have a problem doing it to humans in WWII.

India would be a good choice as well, but with such a high population area I'd be worried about crazy kidnappers willing to sell the aliens to the highest bidder.

New Zealand would be an interesting choice, I think that would be a good option as well.

Might I suggest Paul another location....

Vatican City.

Now here me out and let me address your points.

(1) Ending up in the lab between the chain smoking beagle and the monkey high on food additive.

Well as far as I know the Vatican is unconcerned with lab work at least on that scale. So safe there, plus they would probably be treated fairly well. If not equals (I'm sure there'd be some variety of council held on that matter) they'd at least be welcome as some kind of "space tourist".

(2)Being surrounded by soldiers (as in movies) all pointing guns at them as they open the spaceship door.

Swiss Guard?!? Are you kidding me, if they stepped outside the aliens might die from laughter looking at those gaudy outfits.

(3) Landing in a place that will instantly get nuked the moment they open the spaceship door for fear of them helping arming the government. IE: Tehran.

I don't think this issue applies to the Holy See.

(4) Landing in a tiny country that instantly gets invaded or pressured by a powerful aggressive neighbour, EG: Timur.

The Vatican doesn't answer to anybody in recent history, just look at it's track record from WWII onwards. So no pressure, and if you think any government is crazy enough to invade essentially the capitol of the Catholic church you'd be mistaken.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 17:27
You don't think there could be a little bit of an ideological difference, between our super advanced aliens and the catholic church.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 18:37
First I would comminicate with them on the AE forum. They would find out we are a fine bunch of over opinionated misfits, even though we are the best of our lot. Then after we open the thread, "Which country of ours would you like Aliens to live in?" They would see that we are too domineering and seek better pasture elsewhere.
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 18:46
[QUOTE=JanusRook] Of those choices I'd say switzerland would be the best bet. I mean the EU couldn't pressure them without losing face as such a tolerant entity.

lol, Switzerland is the bank vault of the world!
Sun Tzu

All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 20:33
Originally posted by Paul

Here's a drinking game we were playing tonight.

It's simply selecting the best landing spot on earth for visiters from another planet.

A few rules

(1) The landing will be public.
(2) The aliens are peaceful and friendly
(3) They have studied the Earth and know all about it's history and current affairs

The dangers they wish to avoid

List we came up with are.
Costa Rica, no army, peaceful, but could be pressured from neighbours.
Switzerland, 500 years neutrality, but surrounded by EU.
Japan, safe from neighbours, non-agressive, Hi-Tech.
India, safe from neighbours, non-aligned state, tolerant of more diverse and extreme beliefs than anywhere else. Could be too militaristic and nationalsitic.
Singapore, peaceful, civilised, could be vulnerable to forign influence.
New Zealand, Peaceful, laid back, vulnerable to foriegn influnce.
Norway, Peaceful, tolerant, civilised, but member of Nato.

Can you think of somewhere better?

Yes, Los Angeles.   They could land in public and hardly cause a stir because everyone would think it was a movie promo.
Once it was realized that this was the real deal, the Aliens could slip away and blend in with the local populace.  No matter how unusual they might appear,  it wouldn't be hard for them to blend.  1/2 the residents look strange enough to be Aliens as it is.Big%20smile

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 20:43
You don't think there could be a little bit of an ideological difference, between our super advanced aliens and the catholic church.

Well of course but that never stopped the Church from accepting visitors, of course a condition for their staying there would be instruction in Church doctrine with a strong push towards conversion.

I mean depending on how religious,agnostic, atheist the aliens were would really depend on whether they would even consider Vatican City, in the end though Switzerland is probably their best bet.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 22:11
Originally posted by Seko

First I would comminicate with them on the AE forum.

I'm afraid that will only lead to an 'are those aliens Turks of Mongols' type of discussion.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 23:42
If they visited AE, there would quite obviously be phonetic simularities which prove they speak a Turkic dialect, their civilisation would undoubtably be younger than China, the ancient Indians could have kicked their alien butts, just didn't feel like it. They should go back to their planet immediately an leave ours to the natives and forget a cure for cancer, who do they think were the 100 best generals?

Edited by Paul - 07-Mar-2008 at 23:43

HEROI View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote HEROI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 23:48
I think they should land in Albanian villages,they will get a cup of coffee and a bed for the night.
Me pune,me perpjekje.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2008 at 00:43
Belize, if they want to chill out.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2008 at 00:51
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

Originally posted by Seko

First I would comminicate with them on the AE forum.

I'm afraid that will only lead to an 'are those aliens Turks of Mongols' type of discussion.

Yes, we don't want the wrath of Khan on our hands.
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2008 at 07:38
Originally posted by JanusRook

Of those choices I'd say switzerland would be the best bet. I mean the EU couldn't pressure them without losing face as such a tolerant entity.

Switzerland? You've got to be joking.

Switzerland is, on a ratio per square mile, by far the most militarized nation on the planet. The entire population is basically reserve military, and the country is plastered with air bases, bunkers, air defences, barracks, military depots ...

Vatican might actually be a good pick. But it's a big maybe. It could pose alot of difficulties down the road, depending on theintensity of theological challenges this new culture posed. They wouldn't have to stay in the Vatican, obviously, but some might draw interesting conclusions from their choice of landing pads which might pose problems for relations.

MypickswouldbeIceland,theRepublicofIreland,andNewZealand.

Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2008 at 13:30

Lol, if you guys want the truth, even if there are aliens (which i'm pretty sure there are, too much to count it out seriously), they're prolly just smart enough to not talk to us at all!!LOL - it always seems like we have a way of destroying things and we'd prolly end up trying to "claim the aliens" for wherever they landed.

I see that U.S.A. hasn't been mentioned yet (except for L.A.) anyone have an idea why?
Einstein said, "God does not play dice." He was right. God plays Scrabble. - Philip Gold
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2008 at 14:04
I'd invite them to Ireland, make them drink our booze and in turn rule over them (I'm assuming these aliens are tee totalers)
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2008 at 18:42

Listen to coast to coast to catch the latest on UFO's. If you are out of the USA or Canada you always subscribe to their stream link.

Tonights show:
Mon 03.10 >>
Writer and pilot Don Ledger will discuss Canadian UFO sightings including recent incidents involving a half-mile long triangular craft.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
 Post Reply Post Reply