Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why does Turkey & Pakistan have great friendship?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
PakistaniShield View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why does Turkey & Pakistan have great friendship?
    Posted: 25-Apr-2010 at 14:52
Some corrections to add:

-"Afghans" are a diverse people and not all understand Persian, only a significant percentage, perhaps even majority but not all.

-Urdu or Hindustani as it was originally called might have Arabic, Turkic and Persian vocabulary, but it's grammatical base is the same as Sanskrit. Just as Turkic language contain many Persian and Arabic words does not change their agrivitive Altaic structure.

-The westernized elites in Turkey are the same as the westernized elites in Pakistan who do not practice Islam and frown upon it sometime, people from the rural areas generally the more religious ones.

Edited by PakistaniShield - 25-Apr-2010 at 14:52
Shield-of-Dardania View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Suspended

Quote Shield-of-Dardania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2010 at 02:24
Whatever the reasons, Turkey and Pakistan should continue to feed and sustain their great friendship. It's always good to have one more friend.

Similarities can be bridges, differences can be boundaries. No relationship can be perfect. The important thing is that it is meaningful, productive, complementary, mutually respecting and mutually benefiting.
History makes everything. Everything is history in the making.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2009 at 07:22
Just so everyones aware, Mughal e Azam is not what he appears to be.  His real name is probably something like Lester Smoot and he's from Grand Prairie Texas.  He knows just enough about Pakistan to cause trouble.  Which is why I banned him over a year ago.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2009 at 02:14
also our national language urdu, this word comes from turkish meaning an army. Turkish was language of mughals who adapted to our region and more words were added to form what is urdu today
kman123 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote kman123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2009 at 16:31
Turkey and Pakistan as states and regional powers have always had a great relationship. The militaries share technologies and Turkish organizations run many schools in Pakistan. Even in Ankara, there's a very important and popular street called "Cinnah Caddesi", named after Pakistan's founder, Muhammad Ali Jinnah. However it doesn't seem to me Pakistanis as individuals, particularly those belonging to the Salafi trends of Islam, have any particular affection for Turks, as evidenced in this thread unfortunately. 

Edited by kman123 - 08-Dec-2009 at 16:36
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2009 at 13:06
This mughal guy is very ignorant of even pakistan, the fact is pakistan is not fully indianized, indians always claim this because they thing pakistan belongs to india. 30% of pakistan is iranic and speaks iranic languages, including me. 30% of 180 million people is a huge number. Also Turkish leaders feel close to pakistan because Pakistan has been ruled by many turkic empires of central asia. There is a historical relation between many people in this region.
Efendi View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Efendi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2009 at 15:40
I am sure many turks don't know if even there is great friendship between Pakistan or not. even why they are friend. I have never met a pakistan people in my life. I don't have any idea about their culture.

Thats all politic. citizens have no objection to it. 
Efendi View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Efendi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2009 at 15:38

I am sure many turks don't know if even there is great friendship between Pakistan or not. even why they are friend. I have never met a pakistan people in my life. I don't have any idea about their culture.

Thats all politic. citizens have no objection to it.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2009 at 05:47
to Mughal e Azam :  

Turkey is not anti-islamic (99% is muslim) and the muslims have all the freedom... so do non-muslims...

Turkey is not a European country but "Eurasian", which means European as well as Asian...

Turkey's EU membership demand doesnt mean that Turkey follows Europe... Search Turkish culture and compare with europe, you will see...

Pakistan independency owes a lot to the Ottoman Empire, and Republic of Turkey owes a lot to Pakistan... Search history, you will see...

When these two countries has that much supports to each other, howcome one could come up and say "they have nothing common".....
Selcuk View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Selcuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2009 at 05:38
To define very simply;

In the present time,Turkey which can successfully synthesized both religion and modernism is a role model for most of Islamic people.Current Turkish life style which is Islamic and European attracts Islamic societies including Pakistanis.In addition,Turkey acts friendly to them and as a modern country different from other Western countries does not have an imperialist purpose about them.Therefore, they want to have close relationships with Turkey.

The reason for Turkish people's cherishing Pakistanis mostly depends on the great help and support came from Pakistanis when Turkish Independence War continued.Pakistanis collected an important amount of money to help the caliph's country and the people who have profound historical relationship with them

GökTürk View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote GökTürk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2009 at 12:43
Babur Empire have dominated Pakistan Gheographia for 300 years.So Taj Mahal was built by Cihan Şah.Also 2 Cultures are similar.
A small note:Pakistan is first Muslim state which has accepted Turkey's Indenependent.
TENGRİ TEG TENGRİDE BOLMIŞ TÜRK BİLGE KAĞAN-
TURK WISE KHAN WHO BECAME IN SKY LIKE SKY-GOD
---
tengir ordo(people of Tengri-God-)                 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2009 at 09:34

REASONS WHY PAKISTNIS AND TURKS ARE BROTHERS.

1.mulim of subcontinet were only people who supported the ottoman empire.

2.due to the muslim brotherhood the muslim brotherhood.

3.pakistan gives traning to turkish officers every year.

secondly urdu i not a form of hindi urdui a languagemade frommany other language
persianl,arabic,english,turkish,sunsikratSmile

pebbles View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote pebbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2009 at 04:05
Originally posted by kafkas

Originally posted by Mughaal

Boggles my mind.

Turkey
-pro secular/anti islamic
-europeanized turks
-speak turkish
-seek membership in EU and want to look European

Pakistan
-pro islamic/semi secular
-hindified/indianized people
-speak urdu (form of hindi)
-seek to conqer India one day

What do these two nations have in common exactly?

Mughaal judging from your previous posts you seem to have a grudge against Turks, either that or you are grossly ignorant about them.

1. Turks aren't anti-Islamic just because they don't want to adhere to your interpretation of what piety is.
2. Turks don't want to "look European", actually the majority of Turks have ancestry in either the Balkans and the Caucasus,the rest in Anatolia. 

Also President Musharraf lived in Turkey from ages 7-13 and was went to school in Ankara. There have been quite a few important "Turkophile" Pakistani leaders, and most Turks appreciate that.

In fact,most Turkish are European looking.

There was a report in US Time magazine that Musharraf ideally modeled himself on Ataturk,the founder of modern Turkey.

MarcoPolo View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote MarcoPolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2008 at 22:08
This is a good post as I feel the relationship Pakistani's have with Turkey (and vice versa) is a very strong one.  I remember once I was on a trip to the US and reading in the lobby of my hotel where I was staying.  A fellow along with his wife were trying to find the way to the gym in the lobby and happened to come up to me to see if I knew where it was..(I didnt!).. anyhow, interestingly enough, as we got to talking his wife asked where I was from and I said Pakistan, and was greeted with the biggest smile, hugs and kisses in the world..  I then asked them where they were from and they enthusiastically replied ''your brother from Turkey!!'' next thing i know we were hugging, kissing, smiling and laughing and the whole lobby was confused as to what was going on.  It was an incredible feeling.  it was as if two long last families had been re-united after a century of seperation!!

I feel our bond with Turkey is a special one that cannot easily be defined.  It transcends modern religious, political or ideological explanations as have been attempted here.  it comes from our hearts and souls.

During the Earthquake in Pakistan several years back, the Turkish government and more importantly the people of Turkey offered considerable aid, assistance, support and love to the people of Pakistan.  They are truly a blessed people.  God bless Turkey and its people and I hope our friendship with them only gets stronger and stronger.

P.S.  Pakistan is a multicultural nation that is made up of diverse people. Pakistani's dont have any plans, designs or for that matter anything in common with North western india, apart from maybe the last river of the Panjab region.  Our only struggle is to liberate our brothers and sisters in Kashmir who are currently under indian occupation and subject to horrendous attrocities, crimes, rapes and torture.  They need to be allowed to return to their motherland and with their kinsmen in Pakistan with whom they share geography, culture, language, religion and history with as they are not indian, never were and will never be indian despite attempts to make them so.  The were never supposed to be part of that country. We can count on the support of genuine humanitarists, human rights activists, people who believe in justice/principals and our allies and friends around the world such as Turkey who continue to help us in our struggle to liberate and free the Kashmiri's from indian subjugation.  60 years of brute force have only re-inforced this notion and strenghtened our resolve.

Also, I just wanted to add, Turkey's system of government is a role model for many other middle eastern countries and countries such as Pakistan has much to learn from them.  I have been to Turkey on numerous occasions and refuse to accept this stereotype that they are somehow ''un-Islamic''.  Turkey much like Pakistan has its fair share of Orthodox Muslims, secular Muslims and Urban youths just as would be found on the streets of Karachi or Lahore.  The fact that they are more open and honest about it is something to appreciate.  Also, much like Pakistan, Turkey is also multi-ethnic and multi-religious in that there are many minorities with many sub-denominations freely practising their religious obligations.  I for one appreciated the cosmopolitan and ''lessez faire'' attitudes prevalent in Istanbul where on the very same avenue you'll see someone wearing a dress, traditional outfit, business suit, or relgious ''chadar'' covering the hair.. that to me is a more healthier system which seems to work. 
In Karachi, Pakistan, technically its no different for you'll see people essentially doing and dressing as they pleased (be it jeans, shalwar-qameez, t-shirts or orthodox outfits), despite all the pressures to control them by certain religious fanatics, people still want to comfortable and free to dress as they please, the way it should be.  So differences are not so great.  Pakistan itself was established by a secular Muslim who didnt want a theocratic state but a secular one much on the lines of Turkey, but governments, religious parties (who mind you, put many obstacles in the way to achieving Pakistan) and military dictators that followed the Great Quaid-e-Azam of Pakistan, did much to distort his dream and we can see the consequences of those decisions.  Despite all of this, the relationship between the two countries continues to flourish...

Turkey and Pakistan are not just close friends, they are Family :)

Edited by MarcoPolo - 07-Jun-2008 at 22:12
Mughal e Azam View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mughal e Azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2008 at 17:50
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/04/wo...html?ref=world

Turkish Schools Offer Pakistan a Gentler Islam

By SABRINA TAVERNISE
Published: May 4, 2008
KARACHI, Pakistan — Praying in Pakistan has not been easy for Mesut Kacmaz, a Muslim teacher from Turkey. Mesut Kacmaz, principal of a PakTurk school in a poor neighborhood of Karachi, and his wife, Meral, in their home.

He tried the mosque near his house, but it had Israeli and Danish flags painted on the floor for people to step on. The mosque near where he works warned him never to return wearing a tie. Pakistanis everywhere assume he is not Muslim because he has no beard.
“Kill, fight, shoot,” Mr. Kacmaz said. “This is a misinterpretation of Islam.”
But that view is common in Pakistan, a frontier land for the future of Islam, where schools, nourished by Saudi and American money dating back to the 1980s, have spread Islamic radicalism through the poorest parts of society. With a literacy rate of just 50 percent and a public school system near collapse, the country is particularly vulnerable.

Mr. Kacmaz (pronounced KATCH-maz) is part of a group of Turkish educators who have come to this battleground with an entirely different vision of Islam. Theirs is moderate and flexible, comfortably coexisting with the West while remaining distinct from it. Like Muslim Peace Corps volunteers, they promote this approach in schools, which are now established in more than 80 countries, Muslim and Christian.

----------------
Friendly good fellowships. Happy nice feeling.
Mughal e Azam
Efraz View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Efraz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2008 at 16:43
Hello Kafkas.

I am only replying after I said "good bye" because I don't want to be rudely ignoring your question.

I was not trying to say anything on secularism under this topic. I gave common definitions on secularism on a question and on other questions I have given my personal opinions.

Originally posted by Efraz

Secular means "worldly"... Secularism is separating all things worldly and all things spiritual when thinking and deciding for yourself and for others. In a rough way of saying.

Which part is hard to understand?

Well lets start from the "secular and religious may co-exist" argument.
Yes, in theory may co-exist but I think it's a rare state of mind.

Or this? Read the underlines. And I was speaking for "Islam".

A person being very religious and at the same time being a proper secular minded person? Rare.

And this? Maybe I think you are "rare"?

I repeated the same thing all over very clearly. This last two are my subjective opinions. I see you oppose it. Fair but I believe the answers to your questions were already in the post I have written to reply you. If not, then there is an epistemology problem between us. Any more definition from me will be needless repetition because I feel my comments weren't read carefully by you. Sorry if I am mistaken.

Ah, on Hitler and Stalin. I think it's irrelevant with the definition of the concept.
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2008 at 15:53
Hello kafkas

What makes you think Arab countries are religious? some regimes are even more secular than Turkey and in some, like Tunisia, even the most secularist Turk wouldn't dare implement the family laws over there.

Al-Jassas
kafkas View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote kafkas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2008 at 15:13
Mortaza

Turkey produces a lot of science, I don't know where you get the thought that it doesn't. Not just on a national level but Turkish university students have come with new post-modern inventions that Western countries haven't taken advantage of yet.

Efraz

I don't think any of us understand your point. What are you trying to say exactly?

1) If religious people couldn't live secular lives the world would be in absolute CHAOS right now. That alone disproves any notion that an individual can't be religious and secular at the same time

2) What do you mean by "secular means worldly"? Hitler was secular, so was Stalin, do you think they were "worldly"???

For the record if it helps you answer my question I'm a Muslim secularist. I like the current system of laicism in Turkey, I don't think it has to be changed. The people who want to live under Arab Law are the minority and if they don't like it they can move to Iran or an Arab country. Same goes for the communists, if they don't like the idea of private property they should move to North Korea or China.

Edited by kafkas - 29-Apr-2008 at 15:18
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2008 at 12:05
Interesting phrase. Would have been brilliant(or disastrous) only if you have known what secular means. :)

So tell me what secular means, becoming worldly?

If you give enough importance to science, You will take benefit from it. If you dont, You will take nothing. It has absolutely zero relation with secularism.

As we see, Turkey is more than secular but we produce zero about science because our scientist interest secularism much more than science. If secularism helped their science, I am sure that We would have a  lot einstain.

It is like producing a commedity. Give enough importance and source, Than you will get what you want.

Not related with becoming religious or unreligious or political system of country.

Efraz View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Efraz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2008 at 09:50

Originally posted by Mortaza

Secular mean division between religion and state. Nothing more. No need to create funny building over nothing.

Argh. I have nothing more to say. There is a problem that I can not solve.  But I am a fanatic and you are not, right?
Originally posted by Mortaza

Important thing is approach to science not becoming religious or secular.

Interesting phrase. Would have been brilliant(or disastrous) only if you have known what secular means. :)

Well at least you are transparent, you don't want secular science. Fair. I have nothing more to add. Good day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>