Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who are you voting for?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Poll Question: Who are you voting for in the primaries
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
17 [43.59%]
6 [15.38%]
0 [0.00%]
8 [20.51%]
3 [7.69%]
3 [7.69%]
2 [5.13%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who are you voting for?
    Posted: 05-Mar-2008 at 20:43
Originally posted by Seko

I heard of guys inSpokane, Washington having ties to far rightconservativeslooking todefame Democratic candidates, also worth investigating.

You have to watch out for those crazy conservatives!!

I know some here do not like Robert Spencer but Spencer is disputing any claim that Obama is connected to radical Musiim groups and I tend to agree with him. It is his liberal stance I do not agree with and nothing else. In some ways a President with his background could help us understand Islam and maybe not. He converted as a child to Christianity apparently but I know little about his church. I have heard some negative things about it but I need to see proof. I remember when the media maade a big thing about Romney and his Mormonism and at first I did not want to vote for a Mormon till I found out what he stood for and for me he was a better choice than McCain by far. Too bad he dropped out of the race. Tom Tancredo was the best choice but he dropped out also. We need another indpendent option who can win- not holding my breath-lol

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/03/20/a-word-with-barack-obama/

Edited by eaglecap - 05-Mar-2008 at 20:52
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2008 at 20:53

For Dems, women, especially older ones tend to vote with Hillary. Hispanics tend to vote for Hillary. The impoverished tend to vote for Hillary. Lately white educated males have voted for Obama. Blacks tend to vote for Obama. The 18-30 age bracket tend to vote for Obama. What are you getting at?

What I'm getting at is not so much that certain demographic groups are going for certain candidates. What I am getting at is that the 8/10 margin African American voters have been giving to Obama is pretty strong evidence that race is a motivating factor. While we're on the subject, Hispanics favoring Hillary by such a wide margin argues that race is a motivating factor there too, albeit by a smaller margin. I am wondering why this has not provoked more of a debate about racism in the African American community. I can guarantee you that if whites were favoring Hillary by an 8/10 margin, it would, rightly, raise accusations of racism.

-Akolouthos
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2008 at 01:17
In some sense due to the past of course, the racism card is a one way street. And the way your looking at it is the acceptable way for things to be. Its also a touchy subject that i'm sure most of the people mentioned would rather not deal with it and just let it go the way it is.

Being an American living abroad, well just north, I'm not sure who to vote for. I don't consider myself rep or dem. Mccain was actually my early pick but now I'm not to sure about him. Being a military veteran he has always seem to be the most honorable person at least in the public realm. But I'm curious to see what would happen if we just pulled out of Iraq without meeting any goals. And I think Obama is the president for that job. Though I don't totally agree with his immigration views and I don't think his opinion on NAFTA is correct and should be focusing more on the ludicrousness of CAFTA and the nose diving economy instead. It seems like when it boils down to all the things that are currently going on I probably just should of voted for Gore in 2000Tongue and really its hit and miss with any of these candidates. Though I prefer Hillary not to be in office.

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2008 at 18:08
Originally posted by Akolouthos

For Dems, women, especially older ones tend to vote with Hillary. Hispanics tend to vote for Hillary. The impoverished tend to vote for Hillary. Lately white educated males have voted for Obama. Blacks tend to vote for Obama. The 18-30 age bracket tend to vote for Obama. What are you getting at?

What I'm getting at is not so much that certain demographic groups are going for certain candidates. What I am getting at is that the 8/10 margin African American voters have been giving to Obama is pretty strong evidence that race is a motivating factor. While we're on the subject, Hispanics favoring Hillary by such a wide margin argues that race is a motivating factor there too, albeit by a smaller margin. I am wondering why this has not provoked more of a debate about racism in the African American community. I can guarantee you that if whites were favoring Hillary by an 8/10 margin, it would, rightly, raise accusations of racism.

-Akolouthos

Ako I have no idea what is going on there other then conjecture. If I had to guess why the majority of Blacks vote for Obama I would base it on race too. Qualifying that as one thing or another is beyond me. In Ohio many Whites did vote for Hillary for the sole reason that Obama is Black. That is racism too. As far as the Black community getting upset over Whites voting for her is not too disturbing. Remember Clinton is their woman too. Blacks can't lose with either candidate. I would imagine they are too happy to care about racism right now. Me too. I would like to see more focus on the issues instead of who could answer a phone in the wee hours. Gee! So hard to do. 'Ring! RIng!' "Hello this is the President of the United States". I can't  believe thousands of Americans fell for that ploy.

Edited by Seko - 06-Mar-2008 at 18:10
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2008 at 18:43
I agree race should not be a factor but this is a sad fact in our society. Like I said earlier I would vote for Alan Keyes if he had a chance because I agree with many of his values and he is a nationalist and not another globalist or puppet to the global elite.

The one thing I fear about Hillary is her potential support of the (un)fairness docrine and hate speech laws which is totally anti 1st Amendment in my humble opinion. Kennedy has tried to pass this draconian Act for a long time and with Hillary it could be signed into law.

I refuse to vote for McCain no matter what!! I am hoping a good independent, who has a chance, will enter the race. I will vote for a conservative congress. Not voting for McCain is a matter of principle for me now.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2008 at 18:48
Good job Eagle. That is what I like to here from a member of the Spokane Right Wing think tank. I agree with you on the Hillary part. Too rigid and on the edge. Plus she would try every scheming ploy in the book to get her ways. Sorry to say but she has 'Bitch' written all over her. Remember that one nasty teacher we all had in grade school? Multiply that attitude ten fold and you got high on herself Hillary.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 00:19

I can't  believe thousands of Americans fell for that ploy.

I can. Joe Blow isn't your brightest voter unfortunately, fear and subliminal intimidation move him further than a rational plan to improve either the economy or political infrastructure of this country.
Panther View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 02:13
Originally posted by es_bih

I can't  believe thousands of Americans fell for that ploy.

I can. Joe Blow isn't your brightest voter unfortunately, fear and subliminal intimidation move him further than a rational plan to improve either the economy or political infrastructure of this country.

Es_bih, Seko, Hugoestr.

This is ridiculous! Both sides care about their country. Neither one cares more then the other about the problems this country faces! It's the differing priorities that are often overlooked in favor of the usal put downs that are considered as a scored point for their candidate(s) of choice! I know there has been some light hearted humor within this thread, but aside from the humor & underneath the surface... the only thing either side can agree on at the moment is that both sides consider the other as the more idiotic of suckers who fall for party propaganda on a continual basis! Sometimes i really wonder if it is really our politicans fault for the divide within the country, or is it really what we the people want?

Am i the only one who doesn't want too keep falling into this constantly repeating childish trap? I just can't figure it out at the moment?

I don't mean for this too sound as if i am berating or condescending towards any of you, but i needed to state my opinion!

Panther
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 05:01

-Akolouthos

Ako I have no idea what is going on there other then conjecture. If I had to guess why the majority of Blacks vote for Obama I would base it on race too. Qualifying that as one thing or another is beyond me. In Ohio many Whites did vote for Hillary for the sole reason that Obama is Black. That is racism too. As far as the Black community getting upset over Whites voting for her is not too disturbing. Remember Clinton is their woman too. Blacks can't lose with either candidate. I would imagine they are too happy to care about racism right now. Me too. I would like to see more focus on the issues instead of who could answer a phone in the wee hours. Gee! So hard to do. 'Ring! RIng!' "Hello this is the President of the United States". I can't  believe thousands of Americans fell for that ploy.

Well, Seko, if you yourself are willing to implicitly acknowledge that this is happening, and that it is racism, then we do not disagree on the premise of my question, and hopefully we can proceed -- although I would note that the margins of victory in the specific demographic groups suggest, unless anyone can posit a more realistic explanation, that there is more racism in the African American community (or at least among that portion of it that has voted in primary contests thus far). The question I had in mind, if pursued, would deal more with how our culture should respond to this. For instance, I'd like to hear the take of civil rights activists like Jackson and Sharpton, who often criticize preference on the basis of race, on this phenomena. It would really be nothing surprising if we were thinking rationally as a society. My point is that we are not thinking rationally as a society. We are, in essence, establishing a double standard, which in this case affects our collective thought processes and public discourse negatively.

As for the general election, I am thoroughly unconcerned with it, at least for the purposes of this question.

-Akolouthos

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 18:10
Originally posted by Panther

I don't mean for this too sound as if i am berating or condescending towards any of you, but i needed to state my opinion!

Panther

I am astonished. Fabergasted. Not! No need to explain yourself Panther. We accept you as you are.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 18:27

-Akolouthos

Well, Seko, if you yourself are willing to implicitly acknowledge that this is happening, and that it is racism, then we do not disagree on the premise of my question, and hopefully we can proceed -- although I would note that the margins of victory in the specific demographic groups suggest, unless anyone can posit a more realistic explanation, that there is more racism in the African American community (or at least among that portion of it that has voted in primary contests thus far). The question I had in mind, if pursued, would deal more with how our culture should respond to this. For instance, I'd like to hear the take of civil rights activists like Jackson and Sharpton, who often criticize preference on the basis of race, on this phenomena. It would really be nothing surprising if we were thinking rationally as a society. My point is that we are not thinking rationally as a society. We are, in essence, establishing a double standard, which in this case affects our collective thought processes and public discourse negatively.

As for the general election, I am thoroughly unconcerned with it, at least for the purposes of this question.

-Akolouthos

Ako both you and I know of the favoritism going on among ethnic groups. This is not earth shattering news. Double standards, triple standards! It all goes on. That is why we have laws limiting discrimination. Cause if we didn't everyone would continue with racial favoritism. So Sharpton and Jackson are partying it up and not complaining. Again, when things look bright for them why should they play an old tune? As far as more racism among African Americans than Whites, I doubt it. There are just more Whites most of which could care less. Hence the support for Obama amound educated white males amoung democrats. But there are many whites that simply would not vote for Obama due to color. Again nothing new here.

However, the color or sex of any candidate is not an issue when a person mainly factors in stances on the issues, at least for me.  

Going to Hillary. Remember the bruhaha over Obama's adivsor dealing twith the Canadians over NAFTA? Well Hillary got a whole bunch of sympatheic votes because of that. Yet the hypocritical Clinton is no different. In today's Detroit News there is an article that says:

Prime Minister Stephen Harper's chief of staff said someone from the Hillary campaign gave Canada back channel assurances that her harsh words about NAFTA were for political show, according to the Canadain press.

There you have it Ohio! First you vote for Bush over Kerry when the balance was in doubt (yeah Kerry is like gumby, but Bush? C'mon). Then you beat Michigan four in a row. Silly little Buckeyes. Now you vote for Hillary cause she can babysit you at nights and hope that she will save you jobs as she winks at the Canadians behind your backs. You can't win in the BCS championship and you fall for Hillary Hysterics. Bravo Buckeyes. Get a life.

ps- our Ohio natives on AE are excused for habitating there. Plus you got good chili. That kinda makes up for your situation. From now on your home is here on the forum though. 

Edited by Seko - 07-Mar-2008 at 18:31
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 20:20
Remember that one nasty teacher we all had in grade school?

Seko!! you gave me a flashback of my mean 4th grade teacher. She was a drawf and I got caught giving her the bird more than once. This was at a Baptist Elementary school, veru strict. If I even mention her name she might visit me in my dreams as the mean old hag-

I ask whatever God in Heaven there is - please not Hillary!!
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 21:49
ps- our Ohio natives on AE are excused for habitating there. Plus you got good chili. That kinda makes up for your situation. From now on your home is here on the forum though.

Hey now, as a resident of Ohio I must make it clear that I absolutely hate OSU and personally cheered at every loss they had in the past few years. (Especially losing the National Championship to Florida not once but twice.)

Of course, Cincinnati is only de jure in Ohio, when it is de facto it's own mini-state whose borders extend just past the I-275 loop. And besides we all know all the good Chili is in Cincinnati so Ohio really has nothing going for it.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 21:54

Indeed. If there was ever a town willing to secede from Ohio it should be Cinci. A respectful city having fielded great teams like the Reds (and the great chili, of course).Wink

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 21:59

Es_bih, Seko, Hugoestr.

This is ridiculous!

Understandable

Both sides care about their country.

Not exactly true.

Neither one cares more then the other about the problems this country faces!

True.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Panther View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 23:04

I am astonished. Fabergasted. Not! No need to explain yourself Panther. We accept you as you are.

Well, good! Now i can start being much less apologetic and alot more blunt! Big%20smile

Edited by Panther - 07-Mar-2008 at 23:05
Panther View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 23:47
Originally posted by Spartakus

Both sides care about their country.

Not exactly true.

Hello Spartakus!

My view, it's simply just difference of opinions! Both do care about the country, about our allies and about the rest of the world. Sound strange? It really shouldn't!

I do like to think that if one can keep an open mind as well as their sanity when reading about the usal SNAFU of American politics, and also get past all of the childish political rhetoric hurtled towards one another, they would find the differences in national/international policies are really quite miniscule! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567