Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which rulers were better:Sassanians or Achaemenians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which rulers were better:Sassanians or Achaemenian?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [31.58%]
19 [50.00%]
6 [15.79%]
1 [2.63%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which rulers were better:Sassanians or Achaemenians
    Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 07:15
It's all relative, the enemy will always attack when you're at your weakest or when they know they are stronger (or think they are).
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 17:38

I voted for the Akhemenids because they were larger in size, I also have a general dis-like of the Sssnids.

Uhm, AFAIK the Tujue managed to conquer most of Khorasan and Northern Afghanistan from the Sssnids, Turkic city-states existed in the region thereafter. But the Battle of Herat was a great defeat for them.

Dario, which "your" army? Since when the Italians fight the Sssnids?

[IMG]http://img50.exs.cx/img50/6148/ger3.jpg">

Qaghan of the Vast Steppes

Steppes History Forum
shayan View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote shayan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 08:52
Sassanian (size doesnt always matter,  sassanian  was stable and  rich)
Iran parast
kingofmazanderan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 14:31

I agree with Shayan.  I also heard that at that time the Sassanids farming and planting abilities were better then any other country in the world. 

Also the Sassanids had many more great rulers then the Achamanids.  The Achamanids were limited to Cyus the Great, Dariush the Great, Xexegerus and maybe one more but thats it. 

Almost all of the Sassanids leaders were great exept a few.

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 18:03

sassanid definetly.

during the sassanid dynasty, iran was the richest empire in the world. it was also the most tolerant and culturally advanced.

teh best and biggest university of the time was built by the sassanids.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
yazzmode621 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote yazzmode621 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 18:13

I think the current Mullah rulers are by far the best

Sure anyone can try to improve their country and move forward but how many rulers purposely try to make their country go backwards?

Edited by yazzmode621
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 18:23
Originally posted by yazzmode621

I think the current Mullah rulers are by far the best

Sure anyone can try to improve their country and move forward but how many rulers purposely try to make their country go backwards?

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 23:49
Well my knowledge of both empires is fairly limited, but from what I have read I would say the Achaemenid empire was better regarding tolerance of religion, and others cultures etc.  While the Sassanids were much stronger militarily; anyone who could fight and beat the Romans and later the Byzantines certainly commanded respect.
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2006 at 18:21
Achaemenians
its harder to make an empire out of scratch then to inherit one...and what Justinian said above
raygun View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote raygun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2006 at 21:00
Hmm... militarily I vote for the Sassanids, but for cultural richeness I vote for Achaemenids.
Semis of Arierep View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Semis of Arierep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2006 at 17:23
The rulers of the Persian Empire obviously.
The Sassanid Empire as just a palid imitation of the previous one.
I think that even Parthians have made a better job them the Sassanids emperors.

No other empire achieved at least in that land such extension of land and power!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12