Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is the cruelest army on Earth?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Poll Question: Nazis SS/Whemactch
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
70 [23.49%]
53 [17.79%]
39 [13.09%]
64 [21.48%]
38 [12.75%]
8 [2.68%]
11 [3.69%]
15 [5.03%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the cruelest army on Earth?
    Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 09:35

I think the Nazis are definately the worst.
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 11:19
I'd say the Assyrians even though that isn't a choice.
Member of IAEA
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 11:30
I think also Assyirans.
druidebaron.nl View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote druidebaron.nl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 11:47
The Aztecs were quite brutal against their prisoners of war. They fought wars to get more prisoners to sacrifice
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 12:13

I think Spanish Coquisadors were tye most cruel ones from the options. Because they murdered all innocent Aztecs violently for gold. The Aztecs first tought that they were gods and let them enter their cities peacefully, but they didnt forgive anybody, including all villagers.

And I heard another thing about the invasion of south America. Cortez took the chief, or prince of a city and then, he promised to let the prince live if they gave all the gold and treasure of the city. And they accepted the deal. But after Cortez recieved all gold of the city, he tortured the prince and killed both the prince and the villagers of the city. Obvious cruelty...

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 12:15
I also dont understand why you put "Ottoman Turks" as an option. What kind of cruelty can let an army help the injured soldiers of the enemy in a war?
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 13:03
Where is the Wehrmacht?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 13:08

I would day it's the SS.

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 14:44
yeah, at first I thought Mongols and Assyrians, but seeing the options and thinking about it, i'd say SS as well.
Landsknecht_Doppelsoldner View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Landsknecht_Doppelsoldner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 15:52

On that list, I'd go with WWII-era Japanese.

Look at their track record:

Mass rapes in Korea

The "Rape of Nanking"

The Bataan "Death March"

Tojo's murder of American airmen

The release of Anthrax throughout China--germ warfare

Medical experiments on Chinese civilians and Allied POWs

Also, I have to laugh at those who criticize the Spanish conquistadores, who were certainly no more ruthless than any other soldiers in Europe or the Middle East at that time, let alone the Aztecs, whose entire culture was rooted in an obsession with death and human sacrifice. 

And the Ottoman Turks would certainly qualify too--both for the early modern period (the infamous Wallachian voivode, Vlad Dracula, took his preferred method of execution--impalement--from the Turks), and the 20th century (the Armenian Genocide of 1915).

"Who despises me and my praiseworthy craft,

I'll hit on the head that it resounds in his heart."

--Augustin Staidt, of the Federfechter (German fencing guild)
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 18:13
I would have liked to see the Soviet army during WWII and throughout Soviet history really.  But the worst on the list is definatly the Japs in WWII.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 18:29

A silly question. Need a timeframe, war or battle list, treatment of populace, treatment of prisoners, etc.

Nazi's and Soviets are tops in the 20'th century.

Royal Brittania are tops in the 19'th century. Must be the empires needs to use other nationalities to fight for the Brits in various wars.

American treatment of native indians is subhuman.

Spaniards are tops in cruel treatment of the southern Americas.

Roman legions deserve moore attention but don't know enough of their history. Yet their downfall is full of immoral activities.

Mongol hordes had a systematic extermination policy. Therefore, tops in their era.

Ottomans were to span a large period of history. Their main cruelty can stem from transfering of populations. Yet no population has suffered excile and the brunt of so many wars as have the Ottomans. Therefore, only marginal cruelty.

Crusades were for two causes - conquering holy lands and employement for the downtrodden. Got to love lust for luxury items or be killed, i.e. - Latin crusade agaisnst eastern orthodox Byzantines.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 18:47

Id say its a tiue between WW2 era Japan and the SS, f9ollowed by the Assyrians

It may seem that the conquistadores are bad too but most of th epeople that died around them whered due to disease which may have aided them but wasn not intentional.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 18:55

Sorry about this guys but, when I was making this topic, I acciendentally deleted the Nazis.
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 00:22

japanese soldiers were definitely more cruel.

���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
TheOrcRemix View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote TheOrcRemix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 01:14
i would assume WW2 japanese soldiers. The POW % of living was like 6% in the pacific theater
True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 16:10
Maybe it is because i haven't read about the atrocities commited by Japanese other than 1937., but i gave my vote to the Red Army during Stalin. Raping a million women during the time they were "liberating" Europe from nazis is pretty animal-like.
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 16:20

Raping a million women during the time they were "liberating" Europe from nazis is pretty animal-like

so there are quite a few of russian descends in europe.

���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 16:45
Turks
Bosnjo View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Bosnjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 20:51

Originally posted by Fobulous

Turks

That is a Joke, the Turks ruled the Balkan (South-East-Europe) over 500 Years and 90% of all Balkanians are still Christians.

I am heavely armed, entirely sick and extremly nationalistic.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>