Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is the cruelest army on Earth?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Poll Question: Nazis SS/Whemactch
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
70 [23.49%]
53 [17.79%]
39 [13.09%]
64 [21.48%]
38 [12.75%]
8 [2.68%]
11 [3.69%]
15 [5.03%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Azadi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
retired AE moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Azadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the cruelest army on Earth?
    Posted: 12-Apr-2010 at 15:37
Eaglecap, not how many they conquered, but how they killed/tortured/treated the conquered people - or else it would just be "the most effective army on earth".

These are three of the sites I found which prove my point, on the Assyrian cruelty - which ultimately led to their destruction.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Assyrians-the-Lords-of-the-Massacres-77262.shtml

(Check all 10 pages)

Edited by Azadi - 12-Apr-2010 at 15:39
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2010 at 13:36
I would easily suggest the Jews or what ever you want to call them during their supression of the Levant in the Bible! "Kill them all, thus sayest the Lord thy God!"

Hey, I just could not resist saying the truth!
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
diegis1 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote diegis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2010 at 10:34
 I think Vlad Tepes Dracula army was one of most bloody. Having a very small army from a small country they kill almost 100,000 peoples in some 6 years (a quite big number for the XV century but its debatable anyway) including almost 24,000 in raids in Ottoman Empire (beheaded, burned alive etc.), some 20,000 saxons and enemies pretenders to throne in Transylvania (impaled, skinned alive, boiled alive, burried alive) and during the ottoman invasion of Mohamed the second some 40,000 ottoman soldiers (with 20,000 impaled in what was named "the forest of impaled") making ottomans to go back and renounce to ever attach Valahia to Ottoman empire.

Anyway, mongols, nazis, japanese and even romans might by considered for the first place

Edited by diegis1 - 14-Apr-2010 at 10:36
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2010 at 11:34
Originally posted by Azadi

<span Apple-style-span="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;">E</span><span apple-style-span="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: 15px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px; "><span Apple-style-span="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;">aglecap, not how many they conquered, but how they killed/tortured/treated the conquered people - or else it would just be "the most effective army on earth".</span></span>
<span Apple-style-span="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;"></span>
<span Apple-style-span="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;">These are three of the sites I found which prove my point, on the Assyrian cruelty - which ultimately led to their destruction.</span>
<span Apple-style-span="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;">http://news.softpedia.com/news/Assyrians-the-Lords-of-the-Massacres-77262.shtml</span><span Apple-style-span="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;">

</span>
<span Apple-style-span="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;">(Check all 10 pages)</span>

For me Stalin still tops the list but the Assyrians were very cruel.

Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
gm123 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote gm123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2010 at 12:44
I'd say Ottoman Turks, mass raping, killing, and "blood taxes" (taking babies to be turk soldiers)
Azadi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
retired AE moderator

Quote Azadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2010 at 13:26
Originally posted by eaglecap

Offtopic, but do you think the same of Lenin and Russia, in particular, under his rule ? I'm just wondering, because a good amount of people can't see the difference between those two ^^.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2010 at 16:32
Originally posted by Azadi

Originally posted by eaglecap

Offtopic, but do you think the same of Lenin and Russia, in particular, under his rule ? I'm just wondering, because a good amount of people can't see the difference between those two ^^.

No not Lenin or at least I have not heard anything about him that can compare him to Stalin. I really do not see Lenin as being near as bad as Stalin.

It would be a good research piece though.

The Mongols top that list and what they did to Bagdad was very sad. What was it a pryamid of 60,000 skulls- ouch that would hurt-

Hitler also tops the list as well.

The Ottoman Turks were bad enough but the Mongols topped them.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
RC1944 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote RC1944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2010 at 23:47
Originally posted by

I think Spanish Coquisadors were tye most cruel ones from the options. Because they murdered all innocent Aztecs violently for gold. The Aztecs first tought that they were gods and let them enter their cities peacefully, but they didnt forgive anybody, including all villagers.

And I heard another thing about the invasion of south America. Cortez took the chief, or prince of a city and then, he promised to let the prince live if they gave all the gold and treasure of the city. And they accepted the deal. But after Cortez recieved all gold of the city, he tortured the prince and killed both the prince and the villagers of the city. Obvious cruelty...

Actually, by the standards of the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries, the Spaniards were no more cruel than many other European nations.  Terrible brutality was practiced by Europeans against other Europeans, not just against the Aztecs and Incas.  In addition, most of the wars fought by Spain were part of a religious crusade against all who were not of their faith.  The Aztecs with their practice of human sacrifice were the ultimate in evil so far as the Spaniards were concerned and they felt perfectly justified in killing any Aztecs who stood in their way in the name of God. 

The invasion of Peru that you describe was not carried out by Cortez, but by Pizarro.  Other than that you have the right idea.  However, you should understand that the goal of the Spaniards, both in the invasion of Mexico and in the destruction of the Incas was not just a lust for gold, although that certainly was a powerful motivator.  There was also the desire to convert the population to Christianity.  The fact that these two goals resulted in the death of millions was a sad side effect of the conquest, but it was not the primary motive of Spain to exterminate the people they conquered.  In fact, disease killed far more of the people of the Americas than did the Spanish invaders.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617