Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ancestoral blame and moral judgements

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ancestoral blame and moral judgements
    Posted: 16-Jul-2008 at 03:43
Originally posted by Slayertplsko

It doesn't matter how much of that blood they have - it's a belief!

A belief of fascists and ignorants. It is not the way the average Latino thinks.

OK so you seem reluctant to accept that a ladino with Indian blood can racisticly discriminate a native American.

Nope. I said what was going on there wasn't racism but ethnic discrimination.
First, Ladinos is a synonim of Sephardite, which mean Spanish Jew. Perhaps you mean Latino (Latin american citizen) or maybe Mestizo or Castizo (European + 1/2 and 1/4 Native American, respectively).

So, let's start from the beginning. These days, 500 years after Columbus, not all American Indians are pure Indians. Some are blond blue eyed! Besides, not all "Europeans" are pure European, because some look Indigenous. Put it in another way: not all rich look European and not all poor look Indigenous. Mixtures are very uniform. To complicate more things, in countries like Paraguay, no matter you are pure white you speak Guarani.

However, in some countries such as Peru, Bolivia and in some ways in Mexico as well, there is a divide between the mainstream Hispanic culture and the Indigenous peoples. That's something that have been going on during centuries, and that still isn't fixed. A shame in Latin America but an actual fact.

You back it up with the fact that it MUST be two different races. Please be aware that there are no races as has been recently pointed out. Even a greater nonsense is superiority of one or the other race, which by your logics means that racism doesn't exist. But you never questioned this term and seem to pretty well accept it - so is the actual genus or the belief important?? There is racism because people believe there are races and that their race is superior to the rest.

The problem is not race but culture. Some people believe here that European culture is superior to Indigenous culture. That's were the problems starts. However, as I said before, not all the people agree with the fascists.

You refuse the concept of racism based on exclusively a belief, but you don't have any problem with the concept of racism itself. What does it mean? It means you're a racist.Wink
Therefore I would suggest that you abandon this silly position you hold.

Nonsense. What's going on in here, as I have said to you several times, it is not racism but a mixture between classism and ethnic divide.

In Chile, in particular, although there are still many problems of abusses against Indigenous people, they are each generation more educated and accepted by the mainstream. Even more, people in general are starting to value a culture that is also theirs.

Originally posted by pinguin

New generations are  changing those attitudes but still there is lot to be done. In my country, for instance, indigenous people used to be shy about theirs customs but not anymore. Today all the country is more receptive to them.

Glad to hear that. But this really is that 'double standard' - you defend your own people by the fact that they're much more tolerant nowadays. If this is to defend them, then the fact that all European nations are entirely tolerant today should give end to this thread, because there would be no collective guilt possible.Wink
So I would suggest you cease this position as well.

Fellow, you can't have an idea of what has been going on in here, because you live so far away. Let me say just one thing. During most of the 19th century and 3/4 of the twenty, large number of Chileans were treated as servants! We had a strike on the mining industry at the beginning of the century were 3.000 were shot dead. We had many rural violence. Half our population was alcoholic in the 40s, and we had the higher children dead rate in the world at those times. During the 20s people died of hunger here. And during the 70s a military coup killed thousand, tortured a hundred thousand and sent to the exile 1/10 of our population!

In all these Indians and not Indians had suffered the same, because they were poor. The fascists have always been our rich people.

We know who our enemies are: the rich. And in here those ideologies of racism, design to divide the working class people don't convince us.

Edited by pinguin - 16-Jul-2008 at 03:43
Slayertplsko View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Slayertplsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2008 at 08:24

Fellow, you can't have an idea of what has been going on in here, because you live so far away.

True to some extend. But the same applied to your idea of what has been happening in Europe. You know about Europe just WW1, WW2 just like I know about the surpression in Chile, famine, Pinochet and some things that happened around his time. And after all, my point was change in Europe, and I LIVE in Europe.

Let me say just one thing. During most of the 19th century and 3/4 of the twenty, large number of Chileans were treated as servants! We had a strike on the mining industry at the beginning of the century were 3.000 were shot dead. We had many rural violence. Half our population was alcoholic in the 40s, and we had the higher children dead rate in the world at those times. During the 20s people died of hunger here. And during the 70s a military coup killed thousand, tortured a hundred thousand and sent to the exile 1/10 of our population.

Yes we had similar experience in 19th and early 20th century with Magyars. Still, I don't blame today's Magyars for what happened 100 years ago...got it?? And that's the point of the whole thread. Civilisations/nations/societies change with every birth and death and since all those guilty Magyars are dead, there is no one to blame. If your father commited a murder, should you be imprisoned?

Slayertplsko View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Slayertplsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2008 at 08:33

We know who our enemies are: the rich. And in here those ideologies of racism, design to divide the working class people don't convince us. 

I wouldn't say all rich, because that would be the classism you hate so much. This reminds me the old joke about Bolsheviks.

(Petersburgh, 1917)Young Russian noble drinks her morning tea and hears some noise from outside. She asks her maid:
- Katja, what's going on outside?
- There's a revolution going on madamme.
- Who leads the revolution?
- Bolsheviks
- My grandfather was a revolutionaire as well. He was a Dekabrist. What the goal of these Bolsheviks
- Their goal is that there were no rich.
- Strange. My grandfather's goal was that there were no poor.

Do you get it? It is not richness that is bad, it's poverty that is bad and the best thing is to make the poor rich, not get rid of the rich and all be poor.

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2008 at 12:42

Nope. I said what was going on there wasn't racism but ethnic discrimination.
First, Ladinos is a synonim of Sephardite, which mean Spanish Jew. Perhaps you mean Latino (Latin american citizen) or maybe Mestizo or Castizo (European + 1/2 and 1/4 Native American, respectively).

your splitting major hairs with this, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck its a chicken logic.

International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination

1. In this Convention, the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.

Edited by Leonidas - 16-Jul-2008 at 12:43
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2008 at 15:43

Do you get it? It is not richness that is bad, it's poverty that is bad and the best thing is to make the poor rich, not get rid of the rich and all be poor.

Of course, no all rich are bad at all. I wouldn't blame someone that get rich by its own merits, as a sportman, movie actor or inventor. However, people that are rich because the explotation of servs really deserve a bullet in the skull. In places like the jungles of Brazil there is still people living in conditions of semi-slavery, and in the mines of Bolivia certainly people lived that way. In all countries of Latin America there is still problems with the low wages of workers.

Racial problems don't exist in Latin America between Indigenous and not-Indigenous people in here, a problem that do exist between Blacks and the rest, though. And I mean racism to the discrimination on facial features, body shapes, etc. It is important that you understand that, because the reaction of Latinos to physical aspects of people is high, and Latinos (in general or in average) don't accept well blacks, australoid or extreme mongoloid people, rejecting them just by looks, something you don't witness much with Indians.

What do exist, though is a discrimination to Indigenous cultures and customs. It seem some people in here believes accepting indigenous customs, traditions and language is a sort of "treason to Europe". Sometimes people offend each other calling themselves "indian", which mean in local slang: "savage". There is also indigenism in here, that is people of no direct link to Indian who call themselves Indians. Sometimes they are violent, like the brave fans of a soccer team that call themselves Indians in Chile, who have killed several neonazis.

Yes, we have those conflicts in here, but they are a lot more complex and difficult to explain that just calling it racism and ask to follow Martin Luther King... Wink

Edited by pinguin - 16-Jul-2008 at 15:46
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789