Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Benazir Bhutto Assassinated

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Melisende View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Melisende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Benazir Bhutto Assassinated
    Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 10:02
Benazir Bhutto, considered a "beacon for democracy" was assassinated Thursday 27th December 2007 - the victim of a suicide bomber.

You can read her BBC News Obituary.
"For my part, I adhere to the maxim of antiquity: The throne is a glorious sepulchre."
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 10:05
How exactly did she die? Suicide bombing, gunshot to the head, bumping her head?
Melisende View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Melisende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 10:11
That's just today's pet theories - I wonder what tomorow will bring - that she committed suicide??
"For my part, I adhere to the maxim of antiquity: The throne is a glorious sepulchre."
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 10:14
I have heard three stories in the past 24 hours. Quite frankly I think the one about her bumping her head is ridiculous.
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2007 at 07:33
Edit: topic name corrected.
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2007 at 15:34
Well it's sad to hear about her and as far as her death is concerned mostly it's said that first she was shoot but gun then the blast took place but the government says that it was the impact of the blast which shock her while her neck hit the roof top window's edge and caused her death.

Below are the pictures shown by Pakistani News Channel Dawn, where it shows that there were two assasins, one shoot her and the other blow himself.

Image%20hosted%20by%20allyoucanupload.com

Glancing at the camera, while the other man (thought to be the suicide bomber) who has folded himself in a scarf could be seen behind the shooter (a young boy of 20-22, guoted by Gov).

Taking the aim while Benazir still could be seen (on the right side of the picture).

Shootout

anum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote anum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2007 at 18:38
^ i wonder if they were working together? or maybe seperate. also the shotter himself really doesn't look like a typical terrorist.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2008 at 02:45
One wonders what a typical terrorist looks like.
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2008 at 17:06
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

One wonders what a typical terrorist looks like.

To most people from west, a person having a beard and praying five times a day to Allah is the perfect definition of a typical Terrorist.

And because the boy (shooter) doesn't has any beard, that's why he doesn't look a typical terrorist (that's what I get from the post above).

Post Reply Post Reply