Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Indian Food History

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
anum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote anum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indian Food History
    Posted: 22-Dec-2007 at 05:13
Indian food has to be one of the most diverse in the world. There are so many dishes from so many different parts of india and the subcontinent.
jdalton View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote jdalton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2007 at 04:26
Originally posted by anum

Indian food has to be one of the most diverse in the world. There are so many dishes from so many different parts of india and the subcontinent.

I'm pretty sure that if we organized history by the quality and variety of the cuisine rather than by what type of weapons people made, places like Britain and Russia and Germany would not end up as the examples of the peak of civilization.
Lords of Death and Life (a Mesoamerican webcomic)
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2010 at 11:32
Originally posted by anum

I have always wondered what was Indian food like before the Mughals? Does any one know what indians use to eat before the muslims came? Majority of the Indian dishes today have been influenced by afghan or persian dishes through the mughals.

yeah much of today's indian cuisine is a mughal invention, espeically north indian cuisine which people enjoy here in the west, i am not sure what north indian hindus ate before, i guess they were vegetarians, but today all of them eat meatLOL
yaudheya View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote yaudheya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2011 at 02:51
Arthshasta of  Kautilya , Mansollas of  Someshwar[ chalukya king ] and Prathwiraj raso provide a large number of Indian dishes and food habbit of Indian peoples.
dev
MillerA View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote MillerA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2011 at 23:50
Did Thai food gain some of it's recipes from an Indian influence? Some of the curries have a similar taste although Indian seems more spicy.

Edited by MillerA - 08-Mar-2011 at 17:49
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123