Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Animal Versus Thread!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Animal Versus Thread!
    Posted: 13-Apr-2011 at 02:05
Will send you vipers on my next walk around the hills!
Galleon View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2011 at 02:36
Originally posted by medenaywe

Will send you vipers on my next walk around the hills!
LOL...LOLLOLLOL
Beefheart View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2011 at 05:47
Originally posted by Jallaludin Akbar

The water buffalo would win because it is larger, WOW those hornes are huge! 

Fattail Scorpion

vs. Camel Spider

i really can't choose! but i like camel spider more

Yellow Fat-Tail Scorpion (Androctonus australis hector), one of the deadliest scorpions in the world causes more human deaths in North Africa and the Middle East than any other scorpion in these regions. However, the mortalities almost entirely consist of children, those with compromised immune systems, and the elderly.

VS

Giant Egyptian Camel Spider (Galeodes arabs).  Possesses 4 macerating chelicerae that allows it to catch and trap relatively large prey including vertebrates (small lizards, snakes, and rodents) and literally works these two pair of diametrically opposing crushing jaws with chainsaw efficiency.

Now fight-box strategies:

The Fat-tail Scorpion must use it's paralizing sting on the Camel Spider's soft body parts. Which isn't too difficult considering most of the Camel Spider is very soft.

The Camel Spider must go to work with those crushing and sawing cheli quickly. While avoiding the deadly sting either by incapacitating the tail itself or simply batting the tail away and keeping the formidable sting away from it's soft body parts. The latter will be an easier task if there is a decisive size difference to the Camel Spider's advantage.

Here the Camel Spiders wins, BUT please note the difference in sizes!!!

Edited by Beefheart - 01-Aug-2011 at 05:57
Beefheart View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2011 at 06:08
Originally posted by Knights

Yes that is certainly a sever disadvantage for the spider. But they can run so fast!

I heard today, that if you pour a circle of flammable liquid around a scorpion then set it alight, the scorpion will voluntarily arc its sting over and commit suicide by injecting itself with venom. I wonder what the reliability of this claim is? Firstly, would it really know that it is doomed, and just, commit suicide? And also, are they not immune to their own venom? Ideas? I think it could have some merit, but I'll investigate to see if it stacks up to the facts.

@ Arrgh - when the heck would they ever meet!?! Haha for the sake of the thread...Anaconda all the way. Those clubhooks would be no match for the constrictor. Big smile

- Knights -

Nope, urban legend. The scorpion only appears to sting itself while it dies due to exposure to the radiating heat from the fire.
Beefheart View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2011 at 06:12
Originally posted by Knights

Dolphin: The Aurochs has size on its side, does it not? Horn size would be close between it and a bull African Buffalo...I'd go with the Aurochs.

Ikki: Jaguar would win - it has the mass and strength advantage over the Leopard.

Just my thoughts...

Hmm... I am not sure about that... from my understanding... leopards are the only big cats that drag their food up into the trees... leopards are extremely powerful...
Andrew Roosevelt View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2015 at 04:56
Originally posted by xi_tujue

Lion whoot

it's bigger eventhough the Tiger is more aggile depends on the surrounding i think

By all means a Tiger is bigger and weighs more than a Lion.
I am not a Business Acumen expert, I just share what little I know.
Andrew Roosevelt View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2015 at 05:03
Good Analysis buddy, My bet stays with Tigers as well. Lions are more accustomed to their pride (pack) hunting and fighting style. Even on a hunt a Tiger always works alone, and yet large Water Buffalo (much larger than African Buffalo), Rhinos, and Elephants are on a Tiger's menu.

Tigers successfully taking on a Buffalo is too much for a Lion which fails more often, even as a pack.

Tigers are also naturally aggressive (*far more than Lions). I will always put my bet on Tigers, for their size, strength and aggressive attitude.
I am not a Business Acumen expert, I just share what little I know.
Prime View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2015 at 17:25

Evidently you must of missed the memo that lions have killed tigers more than vice versa in captivity over 50+ times:

You must of not known that in the wild the only one is documented winning is the asiatic lion, that the lion has the bigger skull, harder bite force, and stronger strikes:

That leopards and bears have been known to kill bengal tigers:

The size advantage you speak of is non-existant, even a 1,000 lb tiger lost to a smaller lion, a lion is capable of killing bears who dwarf any tiger in existance: 

The lion has almost every advantage over the tiger via:

- Taller at the shoulder with longer, heavier front limbs (is the tallest living panthera species)
- Heavier on average (as a species majority near twice the weight)
- More muscle mass (has the record of the most skeletal muscle percent of all mammals)
- Has a much stronger striking force (has the record for the strongest predators paw blow)
- Has a stronger bite force (has the record for most powerful bite of all mammals 1,250 psi)
- The lion has a protecting factor, the tiger doesnt (known for the only big cat to have one)
- Is a more practiced and skiled fighter month to month (is the only who can consistantly via prides)
- Hunts bigger animals (giant elands, buffalo, hippos, giraffes rhinos, elephants)

Proven with facts from Phd biologist and zoologist, head animal keepers from circuses, zoos and sanctuarys, animal tamers and animal trainers all unanimously in favor of the lion...in your case, you havnt seen a tiger or lion in your entire life, listining to eye of the tiger does not mean you have a Phd on subject, cite the proper sources to your claims who do, other wise you're argument is nothing more than bias lies.
Be honset to thy self!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678