Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moors were Black

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526
Author
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moors were Black
    Posted: 24-Mar-2009 at 15:30
Everyone understands that Afro-centrism exists.  We have seen other examples of this AE.  The sides are not convincing each other and there is no use in posting endless pages analyzing and re-analyzing skin color and origins of this or that ethnic group.  Topic closed.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2009 at 12:05
ByzE had no business closing this thread, it's not a mods position to determine whats useless and what's not.

Topic reopened.

Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2009 at 14:42
As a side note, I met an Algerian Berber once who not only had light hair and green eyes, but also had the distinct eye structure often depicted roman statues. The similarity between him and the roman art was direct and amazing.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2009 at 19:28
R clay! I have tried to read all of the preceding posts, but have not yet finished. I think I got up to page 13 or so? But, one has to admit it was a really good series of gotcha's and so-whats! And, as soon as I finish the history of this series of posts, I may have some words (of wisdom?) to say?

By the way, I failed in the first 13 pages or so, to see any explanation of the word "Saracen!", which to most people is considered as a direct relation to the word "Moor!"

But, as a famous book once said "that is a horse of a different coulour!" Laugh!

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526