Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

creationism or evolution

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313233
Poll Question: which do you believe is right and why
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [16.67%]
47 [65.28%]
13 [18.06%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: creationism or evolution
    Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 20:02
What I'm trying to say is evolution does NOT claim there is no God. In fact you could believe in creationism and evolution at the same time, as weird as it sounds, they are compatible, because evolution does not attempt to explain how life began. Evolution deals solely with life here on earth and how it changes. Theists will often mix up evolution with big bang theory and abiogenesis (the true counterpart to creationism).

Edited by Arab - 21-Dec-2011 at 20:06
Fula View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Fula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 20:30
Originally posted by Arab

What I'm trying to say is evolution does NOT claim there is no God. In fact you could believe in creationism and evolution at the same time, as weird as it sounds, they are compatible, because evolution does not attempt to explain how life began. Evolution deals solely with life here on earth and how it changes. Theists will often mix up evolution with big bang theory and abiogenesis (the true counterpart to creationism).

I see...I personally label all that as evolution. Just like I label all religions as creationism
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 22:41
Well, evolution per se does not disagree with religion. Yet the specific theory concerning apes evolving into men does come into contradiction with religion. According to the Bible and Qur'an, God created Adam and soon after he descended to Earth where he reproduced his kind. Adam could not have descended in human form and yet at the same time have been an ape who later evolved into a more 'advanced' form.
Timidi mater non flet
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2011 at 00:27
Originally posted by Baal Melqart

Well, evolution per se does not disagree with religion. Yet the specific theory concerning apes evolving into men does come into contradiction with religion. According to the Bible and Qur'an, God created Adam and soon after he descended to Earth where he reproduced his kind. Adam could not have descended in human form and yet at the same time have been an ape who later evolved into a more 'advanced' form.

True, Christianity specifically and evolution contradict each other but you can still believe in some form of religion and evolution at the same time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313233