Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aztlan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aztlan
    Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 02:16
Looking at those Aztlan nazis and looking at those US neo-nazis make me wonder. Who would win a fight?

It was then I had an epiphany. First their was boxing, next came cage fighting. How about Nazi Pit fighting? You get Nazis from groups all around the world, put them in a pit and let them slug it out. And put in on Pay-Per-View. I'd watch.

Imagine it.... In the first fight we have the Ku Klux Klan fighting those loons from Sweden who think they're Vikings. Then Aztlans vs The Orange county Skins. The Russian Nazis could fight those Japanese who want the Samurai days back. The Afrikaner Resistance Movement could fight the British Royal family. Mossad could take on Mel Gibson. And in the main event, Pinguin will fight the forum staff.

Edited by Paul - 09-Dec-2007 at 02:17
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 03:10
Originally posted by pinguin

Originally posted by Crystall

If we look at when Mexico was recognized (1821) to when the land was lost (1848), we see Mexico only had this land for 27 years. You cannot really count time before, because Spain ruled over it.

So we see Aztlan is a fantasy to believe they had ruled this land for hundreds of years in my opinion..

Well, there is a fact that stand and that those lands belonged legally toMexico at the times the Americanpioneers started to settled in there. That fact is undeniable, but itis not different of manysimilar events in the Americas and elsewhere.Since the beginning of the19th centuries several wars were fought across the hemisphere, and the frontiers moved. I think is unrealistic to prettend now tomove the frontiers back again.

Now, Mexico, a westernized state, inherit those lands that now belong to the U.S.from the Spanish crown, an European superpower of its time, and not from the Amerindians of the South West. That's a hard fact that contradicts the claims of Aztlan. There was never an Aztlan state to begin with. Even more, Aztec civilization only controlled the central valley of Mexico.

So, I agree with you in that there is a lot of fantasy in the Aztlan movement.

But now, what are the Chicanos and Mexican immigrants in general, really asking for? I bet the answer to that is more simpler: they are looking for equality and being treated like the human beings they are.

The U.S. has lived a long time giving its back to Mexico. Forgetting its neighbour of the south except when produces some problems. I believe it is time to improve the relations with that country and that will help not only Mexico but the U.S. as well.

Come on. Mexico and the U.S. will be neighbours for the foreseable future. The population of the U.S. itself is growing more Mexican day by day. It is common sense to be in good terms between both countries.

The construction of walls and massive deportations don't contribute much to the piece in the U.S., and it is not practical either. Hispanics will flex theirs political muscle in the next election and I could bet the candidates that are though against Mexican immigrants will be surprised.

In fact, what the Aztlan people is against is people like the minutemen. This is theirs enemy and not the American people.

Minutemen pictures:

See the adds:

These are not pics of the Minute Men! I know and support the group and their President is Mexican by the way. His last name is Garza. I know there are some racists groups that mimic the Minute Men but to get into the organization you have to have a full background check, they do not want people like in the first picture. There are groups who do their best to put the Minute Men in a very bad light. I heard a lady accuse them of shooting 78 innocent immigrant men and women. A bold face lie and if it had happened there would have been a media feast because the mainstream media is not too friendly to the Minute Men.

I have studied California history and when the US took this lands there were about 3-4,000 Mexicans living in what is now the state of California. There were about 160,000 California Indians who were constantly having skirmishes with the Spanairds and later Mexican colonist. Sadly, after the Americans came the population of the California Indians dropped to about 17,000. Prior to the arrival of the Spanish they believe there could have been somewhere between 300-500,000 Californian Indians. Sadly, they were wiped out by disease brought in by the Spanish. I have known Native Americans who also take a stand against illegal aliens. I wonder what La Raza would say to them? I agree that the conquest of Mexican lands was wrong but so was the conquest of Byzantine lands by the Turks. I would never want to see a Greek reconquest so the same goes here.

I welcome immigration to America but we are a nation of laws and it must be done in order but with Bush's plans for the North American Union it would happen.
La Raza and other groups like them are very racists and
I do not believe the majority of Hispanics that are here legally agree with this group or their message of reconquesta and most are strong American patriots. I am sure the same could be said about many illegal immigrants.

Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 03:32
Originally posted by eaglecap

I have studied California history and when the US took this lands there were about 3-4,000 Mexicans living in what is now the state of California. There were about 160,000 California Indians who were constantly having skirmishes with the Spanairds and later Mexican colonist. Sadly, after the Americans came the population of the California Indians dropped to about 17,000.

Yes, it is very sad that after "Americans" settled in Mexican lands, suddendy the Indian population dropped quite fast.

Curiosly, it seems that once Americans arrive to Indian territory, like magic, 90% of Indians dissapear in thin air. I bet those are the sources of the 90% of the Indians that some repeat constantly and blame upon infectious disseases.

I wonder why with the Hispanics and Spaniards it wasn't the same Shocked

I bet it was just a coincidence. Or perhaps the bacterias that carried the "Americans" were stronger than the ones carried by average Mexicans and Spaniards. There must exist some scientific theory that explains it.

Yes, history is amazing and very instructive... And one can easily read between lines.

Edited by pinguin - 09-Dec-2007 at 03:35
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 03:44

Strange that. The Mexican government put a bounty on Indian scalps decades before the Americans thought of it. Then again the Indians had such a low opinion of the Mexican's fighting ability. They also detested the Mexicans more than the Americans and many supported the Americans in the Mexican American war.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 03:54
Originally posted by Paul

Strange that. The Mexican government put a bounty on Indian scalps decades before the Americans thought of it. Then again the Indians had such a low opinion of the Mexican's fighting ability. They also detested the Mexicans more than the Americans and many supported the Americans in the Mexican American war.

Those are the contradictions of history. In my country, during the Independence wars, many Mapuches fought at the side of the King of Spain!

I bet many Chicanos are also Minutemen LOL.

Edited by pinguin - 09-Dec-2007 at 03:55
longshanks31 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 11:47
what is hard to understand from our small island is that we activly invite polish to come here,
north america is so huge and comparitivly under populated, there must be enough space for everybody
long live the king of bhutan
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 12:46
Well, the Americas in general are underpopulated (800 millions for all the hemisphere that represent 40% of the land dry surface)

But that doesn't mean there is lot of room to put people.  In Central America and the Caribbean, people is overcrowded like in Europe or Asia. In Canada, for instance, the only livable part of the country are from the frontier with the U.S. up to 100 kms north. 

In North America and South America there is plenty of room, but that's only an ilussion. In the Americas, in general, the only place where to put new people are cities, because the countryside has owners and the national reserves are to protect flora and fauna and not to put refugees.

And cities are overcrowded already.

Another fact. In the past people in the Americas received immigrants with a happy face. Today they are seen as a nuisance everywhere. There have been attacks to illegal immigrants not only in the U.S. but also in South America.

Edited by pinguin - 09-Dec-2007 at 12:50
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 13:11
its been our experience that immigrants when invited and welcomed create wealth, the asians from uganda, invitations to the caribbean, and now eastern europeans.

I think amnesty and freindlier attitudes, are key to this problem, if you take britain, population 60 million, it would easily fit many times in california, many times in texas is slightly smaller than oregon, would fit in most states, america has room and so does mexico.
I think you were right in what you said before, ie mexico is not a poor country, but america is a rich neighbor, but i think its largely a problem of the knuckle dragging less evolved members of society, this whole thing stinks of bigotry, if it was canadians entering america there would be less of a problem i think, and that is appalling.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 13:21
It should be noted btw that the name Aztln is used by different groups. There is MEChA wich is faitly moderate and mainly cultural, while the Nation of Aztln is a hardcore nationalist, racist and political organization.
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 13:39
i pitty the mothers that raised such fools, race is a myth,
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 14:41
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

It should be noted btw that the name Aztln is used by different groups. There is MEChA wich is faitly moderate and mainly cultural, while the Nation of Aztln is a hardcore nationalist, racist and political organization.

Even more, such groups like the "Council of La Raza" are political organization that are looking to get power for Latinos INSIDE the American society, encouraging them to vote, protecting people with economical problems, and deffending causes in court.

It should be notice that every single group of people has some loonies. Latinos aren't the exception. And that's the case of the Nation of Aztlan.

Edited by pinguin - 09-Dec-2007 at 14:42
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 16:05
i agree totally pinguin, i meant both and all sets, the extreme of anything
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 16:26
Originally posted by longshanks31

i pitty the mothers that raised such fools, race is a myth,

amen to that
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 16:53
the difference between me and my brother on a base level is 0.02 percent.

the extra difference between me and an inuit or a zulu is an extra 0.002 percent, in reality no difference atall.
that is as different as anybody on earth can be from one another, if we talk appearance, im six feet six, it makes as much sence for me to dislike short people than someone born in a different climate, there are ginger haired new comers in australia who have skin cancers removed, there distant offspring in as little as three generations will not have this problem, various genes will be removed from the pool and the best one for the environment will be retained, providing good breeding takes place, ie if they live in a town full of very light skinned ginger haired people, this will fall flat.
race is a myth, look at the genetic adaptations of dogs.
im a trekkie, klingons and cardassians constitute a different race.
This is all to do with money and power.
And at the end of the day these extreme groups of any background or there deluded mindless followers will never get much of either.
it should be noted that strange as it sounds, there is a high chance that my ancestors, mixcoatls ancestors and pinguins ancestors are in places the exact same people, but we look different now if only a little bit.
when the word race gets used and its used in the news and by government i feel frustrated, there is no such thing its crazy talk.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 17:06

The racial factor is not the issue in here.

The problem with Mexicans in the United States is the common hate they feel each other, because centuries of history.

Mexicans feel they are discriminated, and they are waiting for a "revenge".

But it won't be a violent revolt. What Hispanic prettend is to show AngloSaxons at theirs face Latinos can also become rich, and are smart enough to achieve anything a "white" can do.

And I bet they'll succeed on that.

Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 17:13
we are all as smart as our brains allow us, im sure they will succeed, but that is where its good for america, immigrants creating wealth its a marvellous thing.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 18:28
Originally posted by longshanks31

the difference between me and my brother on a base level is 0.02 percent.

the extra difference between me and an inuit or a zulu is an extra 0.002 percent, in reality no difference atall.
that is as different as anybody on earth can be from one another, if we talk appearance, im six feet six, it makes as much sence for me to dislike short people than someone born in a different climate, there are ginger haired new comers in australia who have skin cancers removed, there distant offspring in as little as three generations will not have this problem, various genes will be removed from the pool and the best one for the environment will be retained, providing good breeding takes place, ie if they live in a town full of very light skinned ginger haired people, this will fall flat.
race is a myth, look at the genetic adaptations of dogs.
im a trekkie, klingons and cardassians constitute a different race.
This is all to do with money and power.
And at the end of the day these extreme groups of any background or there deluded mindless followers will never get much of either.
it should be noted that strange as it sounds, there is a high chance that my ancestors, mixcoatls ancestors and pinguins ancestors are in places the exact same people, but we look different now if only a little bit.
when the word race gets used and its used in the news and by government i feel frustrated, there is no such thing its crazy talk.

Absolutely. Misbelief in race is the issue here.

Crystall View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Crystall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2007 at 06:20

Another fact. In the past people in the Americas received immigrants with a happy face. Today they are seen as a nuisance everywhere.

You don't really believe that, do you?
If you look up history of immigrants to the United States I am not so sure you will find too much of that.

Edited by Crystall - 11-Dec-2007 at 06:22
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2007 at 13:01
Originally posted by Crystall

Another fact. In the past people in the Americas received immigrants with a happy face. Today they are seen as a nuisance everywhere.

You don't really believe that, do you?
If you look up history of immigrants to the United States I am not so sure you will find too much of that.

Well. At least I see that in the part of the Americas were I live. Once we where very generous to immigrants, today most people preffer they rather don't come. Attitutes have changed.

I bet one of the reason is that in the past immigrants where enterpreneurs, able to contribute to the development of countries. Today they are seen as an extra load to the social system and a nuisance.

In short, there have been a change from immigrants to poor economical refugees.

I bet people don't like the later at all.

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2007 at 14:39
I work in the trades, in carpentry. And the contractors I've met don't like the Illegals coming in, both Mexicans and Polish are coming in huge numbers. The Mexicans are hired by Americans and the Polish seem to set up their own business and bring in a bunch of their friends, work for a few years and return home. I believe Mexicans do the same in regard of going home after awhile. The problem is that it's never ending, they keep coming in and with more numbers, and the Contractors trying to stay honest lose out because they can price the numbers of their competitors.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>