Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedpirates and gypies related?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: pirates and gypies related?
    Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 21:25
"Politically ignorant and oblivious of it." 

Al Jassas, don't waste your time.  This guy is just after a reaction, not a meaningful exchange.
Władysław Warnencz View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 12:45
Originally posted by Zagros

"Politically ignorant and oblivious of it." 

Al Jassas, don't waste your time.  This guy is just after a reaction, not a meaningful exchange.

When there is a problem there can be no "meaningful exchange" - only a solution. Wink
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 14:25
As it stands, your attitude is the problem: propagating political messages is against forum rules.  Shall I introduce you to the solution?
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 18:44
Originally posted by Zagros

As it stands, your attitude is the problem: propagating political messages is against forum rules.  Shall I introduce you to the solution?

Almost every post on certain topics can be accepted as "political message".It is a matter of interpretation...

And by the way,could you tell me what political messages i am propagating?
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 22:53

What do the copts have to do with gypsies?

I was referring to Menumorut claim about the gypsies eventually outnumbering the native Romanians. The Copts were at one time the majority and now they are a despised minority. As for the Copts being amongst the richest in Egypt – let’s leave that for another thread.
I think they will differ though-
http://www.copts.com/

Finish on different thread if you want to

Solution- I wish for one as much as you do- I am sure of it. The problem, regardless of politics or religion, mankind is very destructive. The violence in Romania is just one of many examples. I hope for a solution between the Romanians natives and the Romanian Gypsies.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 23:11
Hello eaglecap

One word, go to Egypt, count how many churches and how many mosques in the high class neighbourhood. Visit coptic villages and muslim villages, talk to people, copts and muslims there, not in America then come and lecture about the position of the copts. Plus, nobody despises copts except a small minority, the overwhelming majority lives in perfect peace.

As for the gypsy problem, it is a cultural one and always has been thus. You see gypsies who left their culture are among the most successful people in their countries but those who stick to the archaic ways are at the lowest part of society, now with education things will get better and they have been so since communism fell and by time these problems will solve themselves.

Al-Jassas
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 01:23
Originally posted by Al Jassas

Hello eaglecap

One word, go to Egypt, count how many churches and how many mosques in the high class neighbourhood. Visit coptic villages and muslim villages, talk to people, copts and muslims there, not in America then come and lecture about the position of the copts. Plus, nobody despises copts except a small minority, the overwhelming majority lives in perfect peace.

As for the gypsy problem, it is a cultural one and always has been thus. You see gypsies who left their culture are among the most successful people in their countries but those who stick to the archaic ways are at the lowest part of society, now with education things will get better and they have been so since communism fell and by time these problems will solve themselves.

On the first point I admit I have not been to Egypt to see this for myself. I am sure there is some truth to what you say about the Copts but any further comment is for another thread. I am not sure but I wonder if Copts in Egypt have the same free speech rights as the copts in America- maybe this could be a good thread question. Any Copts out there???

Second point - I can agree with this along with centuries of oppression. I supose it is pay back time for the Gypsies- who knows.

The only correlation between the gypsies and pirates is they both have a reputation for thievery. The latter has a more violent reputation.
Al-Jassas
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 05:27

Hello eaglecap

Is good to read this:

COPTS DEMAND EQUALITY

I quote:

6- Copts want religious affiliation be removed from national ID cards, job applications,.etc...so Christians could not be identified and discriminated against.

Why would want somebody to not be identified as a Christian if there is not a terror atmosphere there?

Also read this (a Muslim writer):

Egyptian Writer Ahmad Al-Aswani: It's "Open Season" On Egypt's Copts

Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 10:22

Hello eaglecap

Al-Jassas

The problem with gypsies (at least in Bulgaria) is that although their community is given huge piles of money from the EU to educate their children - they rather buy a satelite dish and send the children begging on the street.And bulgarians don't hire gypsies not only because they are uneducated,but also because most of them are lazy.When a friend of mine hired two gypsies to fix his bathroom he was outraged how awfully they worked but demanded higher payment...

Gypsies may live in poverty but what would they do all day long without a satelite dish :

Edited by Władysław Warnencz - 09-Aug-2008 at 10:40
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2008 at 19:19
Yes, well. Sorry to leave you vastly interesiting question hanging in the void, but I think this thread has run its purpose to the end. If it even had any, that is. An entirely different debate of dubious outcome.

Closed.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123