Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Khazar Khanate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Khazar Khanate
    Posted: 13-Apr-2005 at 02:16
Originally posted by Seng-Kuo-Lin-Ch'in

One knows they're in a good forum when one readily receives helpful information on the Khazars!

Cheers to that!  Bactrians anyone?
Berosus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Berosus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2005 at 06:21
The Arab invasion that Jazz talked about happened in 737.  It stopped their expansion southwards into the Middle East and forced them to concentrate their attention on Russia afterwards.  According to Arthur Koestler's "The Thirteenth Tribe," some of them remained as a distinct people on the shores of the Caspian until Genghis Khan's army marched through the area in 1223.  However, it's not clear how many of the Jews in present-day Russia and Ukraine could be descended from them.

While we're talking about Jews from elsewhere, did you hear last week's news that the Bnei Menashe, a tribe on the India-Myanmar frontier that claims descent from Joseph's son Manasseh, has just been declared Jewish by a leading rabbi in Israel?  It looks like one of the so-called "ten lost tribes" has finally been found.
Nothing truly great is achieved through moderation.--Prof. M.A.R. Barker
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 10:20
Khazar Turks were not carrying jews blood. Jews is a race. Khazar Empire choosed JUdaism as a religion. Dont make people confuse
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 22:42
that is true, they were clearly Turkish and only later converted to Judaisim, they served as a ally of Byzantium and then were beaten breifly by the Arabs, after which they adopted Islam.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2007 at 10:35
Judaism is a Nation and a Religion NOT a Race!

The law is that you do not inherit the tribe or religion from your father but from mother. Think citizenship of a nation rather than race.

If you did not inherit the citizenship, you are welcome to naturalize by taking the covenant.

Jews are multi ethnic like any other nation or religion.

That should settle that.

Tamr

Racism is a disease!

Please Visit
http://www.spitfirehorsebows.com/forum/

Edited by Tamr - 04-Jul-2007 at 10:51
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2007 at 09:55

HELLO PEOPLE I NEW HERE FIRST I LIVE IN ISRAEL AND THIS TRUE WE ARE TURKS ETHNICTLLY AND JEWS IN RELIGION IM TURK BEFURE IM JEW I LOVE TURKEY AND TURKISH PEOPLE NE MUTLU TURKUM DIENE

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2007 at 10:05
IF YOU  WANT KNOW MORE ABOUT KHAZAR PEOPLE AND MY COMMUNITY GO TO OZTURKLER .COM  THIS GOOD SITE AND EXACT THE TOPIC KHAZAR AND KARAY PEOPLE I HOPE I HELPED TO YOU
Slick View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Slick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2007 at 16:04
Seriously, Judaism is not a race. It's a religion. Too many people have converted to Judaism over the years for it to qualify it as a race. Only the Cohenim can be said to be ethnically similar. ~_~

But yeah, Khazaria is an interesting subject. You can start to tell when the rulers turned to Judaism based on their names...
"Dai Ichi Dai Man Dai Kichi"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2007 at 06:11

LOOK THE SITUATION  COMPLICATED IN THIS TIME.THE KHAZAR KHAGANAT EXISTING BETWEEN TWO LARGE EMPIRES THE MUSLIM ARABS AND CHRISTIANS BIZANTION THE CHRISTIANS  SEND MISSIONARY  AND THE ARABS SEND MISSIONARY BOTH WANT THE KHAZAR TO BE WITH THEY .THE KHAZAR KHAGAN WANT TO BE FREE POLITICLY AND CHOICE IN JUDAISM THUS HIM  PREVENT  INTERFERE OF  ARAB OR BIZANTY POLITICLY.IN JUDAISM  HIM BE FREE.THE KING TO CHOICE TO JUDAISM HIM KHAGAN BULAN IN THE 7 CENTURY.MOST THE KHAZAR PEOPLE NO JOIN TO JUDAISM ONLY THE KING AND THE KHAZAR ELITE MOST THE  ORDINARY PEOPLE BE MUSLIMS SOME OF THEY BE CHRISTIAN AND THE REST CONTINUUM BELIVE IN SHAMANISM.ALL THE RELIGION TO BE EQUAL RIGHT IN KHAZAR KHGANAT.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12