Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Putin once again Tsar?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Putin once again Tsar?
    Posted: 03-Dec-2007 at 11:20
Originally posted by Sarmat12

Smile Dear Anton, if you don't know what it is. It doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. And, in fact, the plans of the development do exist.

Smile I will explain it:
1. Remove all professionals and put loyal people on their places.
2. Stop access to any source of independent information that voters might have.
3. Create an impression how good is the situation in Russia and how bad is rotten Western World.
4. Exploitate high oil and gas prices as much as possible.
5. Create an image of external and internal enemies. Obviously external enemies is EU and USA and internal enemies are liberals, obviously western prostitutes.
6. Make an impression of stability.
Did I forget something?

This methods works untill any kind of crisis happens. Events of Beslan, Nord-Ost, Kursk have shown that in critical situation this schema does not work at all. Next world economical crisis will show that it does not work in economics either.
And by the way, it is a myth that people in Moscow and St.Petersburg live well. One cannot live well in city with prices of the level of London and mean salaries less than 500 pounds.

Edited by Anton - 03-Dec-2007 at 12:02
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2007 at 11:25

I got this wonderful information by living in this country and via regular communications with the people who live there.

However, I'm afraid that the only sources of your information are "objective" reports from "unbiased" Western mass media. Smile

Western media are definitely biased, but what they say that elections were not fair is true isn't it?

Surprisingly, I got my information by living in this country and via regular communications with friends there too. Somehow, my information differs from yours. Smile
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2007 at 19:28

The thing about democracy is that true democracy can be based only on certain "fundamentals."

Some of those are strong middle class, economic stability and developed legal system.

None of those exists in modern Russia now.

All these references to the Russian history and enrooted conceptions do have some sense, but only limited one. But if you want to talk about the cases of democracy in Russian history there are those as well. A good example is Novgorod republic. In fact, there is an extravagant theory that the same political system as in Novgorod republic existed in all the Ancient Russian states. 

During modern times we saw how the societes, which had history of autocratic rule and lack of democracy for milleniums (I specifically mean here Japan, Korea and Taiwan) were able to create democracies.

Russia is the same thing. You can cry that it's not democratic now. But it will never become democratic absent the conditions above.

The country needs strong economy now, then it can create a meaningful civil society. The strong economy and civil society will enable to create a functioning legal system and then all these factors combined will create a functioning democracy.

There never will be democracy in economically undeveloped, corrupt country (perhaps one can find few examples of the opposite but they will be very specific).

What Putin did is that he improved the economy. As long as the middle class is developing there is a hope for democracy in Russia.

The country is on the right way.

However, never one be able to create "democracy" under current conditions in Russia. Eltsin's democracy was a joke. It was a bloody corrupted regime hated by its own people.

If the things will go in Russia like they go now, the country will become democratic in 1 or 2 decades. I'm pretty optimistic about this.

Interseting point of view. I would tend to agree that it is possible though it is one of few possible ways. Let's hope You are right.
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2007 at 19:32
Originally posted by Anton

But, I didn't understand what u meant. Because there was no true democracy neither in Rome nor in Greece.

OK, by true democracy I mean that people who vote know what they are vote for. The spend time educating them selves, reading the programs of candidates, discussing them and finally vote. Do we have this in Russia? No! And will not have it soon. What do we have in Russia? "Plan Putina". Do youknow what it is? Neither do I. And the weirdest thing is that Putim himslef doesn't know it. He has no plan whatsoever. He is not professional enough to have any plan. He is wrong person in a wrong place in a wrong time. He is nobody. And the fact that people support him says to me that people do not spend time thinking before they vote. Hence there is no true democracy in Russia.
Note that I do not tell you about those ridiculous things like forcing people to vote and become members of ER that are suitable for some Belorussia maybe but not for the hughest country with pretentions to be a world leader.

In my opinion people who know who they vote for and why are about 10-20% of the society and this is true all over the world maybe with some small exception if education is on a very high level.
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2007 at 19:33
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Isn't that better than if it the state controls the TV stations and keeps it secret?

Or, the same group of oligarchs control both the state and the media stations while making a big fuss about the state & media being independent?

No, all situations You talk about are totally wrong and there is no diffrence between them.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2007 at 20:37
Originally posted by Majkes

In my opinion people who know who they vote for and why are about 10-20% of the society and this is true all over the world maybe with some small exception if education is on a very high level.

I think that ideally there should be a profession -- professional voter :) A guy who studied economy, politics, geopolitics, social sciences etc.etc.etc. The only thing is -- I don't know how could one test their effectiveness Tongue
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2007 at 04:47

Smile I will explain it:
1. Remove all professionals and put loyal people on their places.
2. Stop access to any source of independent information that voters might have.
3. Create an impression how good is the situation in Russia and how bad is rotten Western World.
4. Exploitate high oil and gas prices as much as possible.
5. Create an image of external and internal enemies. Obviously external enemies is EU and USA and internal enemies are liberals, obviously western prostitutes.
6. Make an impression of stability.
Did I forget something?

This methods works untill any kind of crisis happens. Events of Beslan, Nord-Ost, Kursk have shown that in critical situation this schema does not work at all. Next world economical crisis will show that it does not work in economics either.
And by the way, it is a myth that people in Moscow and St.Petersburg live well. One cannot live well in city with prices of the level of London and mean salaries less than 500 pounds.

Well, Anton. To be honest, I work in the sphere of business and I also have an opportunity to monitor Russian industiral development. And I'll tel you what you wrote is not true.

There are a lot of professionals now in Russia and there are more and more of them coming. Despite all the possible and artificial risks Western investors are interested in the Russian market.

And yes, people in Moscow and Sankt Petersburg on average live not bad. In any case, much better than 10 years ago.

Yes, some of the things you mentioned do exist, but only to the limited extent.
Σαυρομάτης
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2007 at 04:49
Can somebody please back up what they are saying with sources?
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2007 at 05:10
With pleasure Smile

Russia attracts investors despite its image
BBC

November 30, 2007
Russia attracts investors despite its image
By Konstantin Rozhnov
Business reporter, BBC News

As Russia enters a period of political transition, with President Putin's two terms in office coming to an end, is it on track to achieve his goal of doubling the size of the economy?

The world's leading gas exporter and one of its largest oil exporters, Russia has become one of the most attractive emerging markets in the world.

But at the same time, there's a risk of a future serious shortage of workers in Russia with migration barriers in place and male life expectancy being less than the retirement age.

Besides, some surveys and reports paint a grim picture of a lack of competitiveness and difficulty in doing business in the country.

Mr Putin's supporters say economic stability is one of the most important achievements of his presidency.

And it looks like foreign investors tend to agree with that point of view as they keep heading to Russia in increasing numbers, despite the country's negative image of suppressing businesses and democracy.

Yaroslav Lissovolik, chief economist at Deutsche Bank in Russia, says that around $50bn (23bn) will be invested in Russia by international businesses in 2007.

It represents almost 5% of Russia's gross domestic product, which is quite a good figure for emerging markets, he says.

Turnaround

Russian's economy was a mess in the first half of 1990s: gross domestic product and industrial output were declining rapidly and prices were galloping at an enormous speed.

But after the 1998 Russian financial crisis, when the Russian government defaulted on foreign debts and the national currency collapsed, the country has seen its economy expanding steadily, largely due to an improved global economic situation.

In his first term in office President Putin declared a task of doubling Russia's GDP in 10 years.

Despite the fact that is highly unlikely to happen, the Russia's economic performance looks impressive.

It grew by 6.3% in 2006 and is expected to expand more than by 7% this year.

Consumer prices increased by less than 10% last year, for the first time in post-Soviet times, though this year inflation is expected to be back in double digits mostly because of food prices jumping.

The value of exports climbed to $302bn (150bn) in 2006 from $78.2bn in 1995 with imports expanding to $137.5bn from $46.7bn in the same period.

Russia 's international reserves have more than doubled since the beginning of the year, exceeding $450bn.

The developments have allowed the World Bank to declare that the Russian economy had achieved "unprecedented macroeconomic stability".

Oil revenues

There are those, though, who question the sustainability of Russia's economic expansion as, they argue, it is based mostly on rising oil prices and strong global demand for fuel.

Russia's exports are clearly dominated by mineral resources and fuels.

Critics warn that oil revenues have prevented the Russian government from implementing painful but necessary reforms to diversify the economy.

But Deutsche Bank's Mr Lissovolik says the economic expansion has been driven largely by non-fuel sectors as the huge oil revenues have been locked in a so called "stabilization fund" - in case of future economic difficulties.

Telecoms, banking, insurance, foods and some other sectors have been expanding fast as consumer and investment spending has become a significant factor in Russia's economic growth.

Uncertainty

But some experts think that while foreign investments keep growing rapidly, the situation with domestic investments isn't too bright.

Maxim Kashulinsky, editor of Forbes' Russian edition, believes there is a potential for much greater expansion of Russian businesses but it is restrained by uncertainty caused by a number of factors such as weak property rights enforcement, bureaucracy, corruption and a lack of competitiveness in some sectors.

He says that the whole Russian business system is not set up to help businesses expand.

Only those who are brave enough or have an opportunity to take the risks succeed in making money in Russia, he adds.

A World Bank report put Russia in 106th place in the world for ease of doing business, while the country was ranked 58th in the recent Global Competitiveness Report published by the World Economic Forum.

But at the same time, a Foreign Investment Advisory Council survey found that 82% of existing investors in Russia were moderately or highly satisfied.

Even the fact that Russian monopoly Gazprom recently gained control of huge projects from international companies such as Shell and TNK-BP has not put foreign firms off investing in Russia's fuel and energy sector which gets more than half of all foreign investment .

Mr Lissovolik thinks that the attraction of investing in Russia comes partly from the country's workforce being well-educated and inexpensive.

But Russia's population has been declining steadily and it does not seem the situation is set to improve.

Life expectancy for Russian men is less than the retirement age of 60 years. Besides, AIDS and TB growth figures are among the highest in the world.

Experts warn that some sectors have already started experiencing a shortage of labour, making it one of the most significant long-term risks for Russian economic expansion.

International organizations have called on Moscow to lift barriers to immigration to provide the basis for sustained economic growth.

Mr Lissovolik says there is no other way for the Russian government but to open its labour market to migrants.

He thinks the problem will be addressed after the election season.

Trust issue

With state control over the Russian economy having increased significantly, it looks like the recipe for sustained economic growth in Russia is a trust-based relationship between the state and private sectors.

Russian businessmen are beware of getting involved in politics after Mikhail Khodorkovsky, former head of the Yukos oil company, was convicted on tax and fraud charges and imprisoned in a Siberian penal colony while the company was dismantled.

But Forbes' Mr Kashulinsky says businessmen must participate in public administration.

"Maybe it will make authorities more sensitive to businesses' problems", he says.

Most likely, the coming parliamentary and presidential elections will only slightly influence the country's business climate due to the political stability achieved under Mr Putin.

But most experts believe that for the Russian economy's long-term expansion to be sustained it must become a tradition that property rights are considered sacred.

Edited by Sarmat12 - 04-Dec-2007 at 05:35
Σαυρομάτης
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2007 at 06:06
So what you are arguing is that Russia is doing well under Mr. Putin's leadership due to the economic success from their oil and attractiveness to foreign investment. Ok i'll buy that. That is one good point of why Putin maybe a good leader for Russia. I guess if he can keep the momentum moving over the years it will be better for Russia in the longrun.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2007 at 11:27

Well, Anton. To be honest, I work in the sphere of business and I also have an opportunity to monitor Russian industiral development. And I'll tel you what you wrote is not true.

Here you are an example of a loyal nonprofessional:
Boris Gryzlov. What do we know about him?
1. Engineer by education.
2. Tried to become a member of St.Petersburg Parliament and failed.
3. Worked in Zubkov's electional team (Zubkov failed)
4. Became a chief of regional "Edinstvo" - amorph party with no program and the only aim -- to support the president.

And after all what did he do? Became an internal minister! Engineer! With only negative experience in politics!
Not to mention that after Nord-Ost in any normal country Internal Minister would resign and became an engineer in small company again. But not in Russia. Here this guy became a chief of the most popular country and Parlament speaker after all. And just to finish the illustration about this person here is his famous citate:
"Parliament is not a place for political discussions" Ouch

Where were all these loyal nonprofessionals during Kursk,  Beslan or Nord-ost crisises? Do  you remember? I rememebr very well. Nobody of national security chiefs -- Putin, Ivanov, Grizlov, Shoigu etc. didn't say a word untill situations were "solved". They simply hided!!!! This is not how professionals should work! So, please, it is rather obvious that at least in national security ministries-- people who rule there are simply wrong people in a wrong place.

Edited by Anton - 04-Dec-2007 at 11:28
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2007 at 11:31
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

So what you are arguing is that Russia is doing well under Mr. Putin's leadership due to the economic success from their oil and attractiveness to foreign investment. Ok i'll buy that. That is one good point of why Putin maybe a good leader for Russia. I guess if he can keep the momentum moving over the years it will be better for Russia in the longrun.

Don't buy it. "Cum hoc ergo propter hoc" is logical fallacy. Putin was lucky that oil prices rised when he came.  
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2007 at 12:09

Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

Don't buy it. "Cum hoc ergo propter hoc" is logical fallacy. Putin was lucky that oil prices rised when he came.  
I agree, international 'hot' money can leave as quickly as it comes.

If Putin can take any credit he would have to show how well  those resource dividends are being invested. Recently our (now ejected) government was trying to take similar credit. The resources boom (inc energy) and the effect it has on the economy  is not of their making or real control. Right place at the right time, that all.

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2007 at 19:09
Originally posted by Zagros

Originally posted by axeman

It is natural process of what is happening in Russia, because Russian human can't live normally if he isn't ruled by autocratic lord with whip and this conception has been enrooted very deep in their consciousness and mentality starting from the Mongol khans, Muscow czars and Soviet regime.They reject democracy as unnatural, because it makes them look weak in their own eyes.What is happening in Russia is an amalgamation of oriental despotism and "benevolent" dictatorship.I wouldn't be surprised if Putin will become the president again after 4 years, since the Russia's laws allow that.Hail Putin - Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russias, lord of Russian media, true head of Gazprom, king of the pipelines, and so forth, and so forth.
Mate, that's verging on code of conduct violation. a huge generalisation.

Zagros, generalisation wasn't a violation when I served. Also, he speaks the thing like it is... or most like will be very soon.

Originally posted by Zagros

Do you think it is the media which has the Russian people on Putin's side? I would rather think that it's Russia'srise under the man's stewardship. And at least in Russia you can't get elected with less votes than your rivals.

You can't be sure in that since the votes arne't most likely counted fairly.

Originally posted by Mughaal

True Democracy in Rome? In Rome it was an emperor.

In Greece there was slavery.

The theorists and philosophers sat on their butts as slaves worked. So i think Mr Sarmat's theory is better than yours.

Rome had an existing republic for more than 700 years (Aster may correct me) if we include the era before Septimus Severus. Roman Republic was a democratic societ,y this was especially so during the 2nd and 3rd centuries BC.

Truly Anton, there are huge changes, I suggest you take a brake from watching Russian TV and take a short trip to Russia.

Doesn't Russian TV broadcast everything as it is then?

Originally posted by axeman

Hail Putin - Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russias, lord of Russian media, true head of Gazprom, king of the pipelines, and so forth, and so forth.

You are obviously biased against Russian people.

You are obviously biased for them.

Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2007 at 19:31
You are obviously biased for them.

Obviously yes. Which however does not mean that I support Russia in any kind of conflict that arises between her and neighbouring countries.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2007 at 19:48
Sorry, I didn't mean you. I thought it was Sarmata12 posting. I wanted to say that obviously, Sarmata12 is heavily biased towards Russia...
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2007 at 20:05
Putin is Stalin?

Garry Kasparov and the Far-right Cuckoo's Nest

By Mike Whitney

12/03/07 "
ICH" -- -- Garry Kasparov should give up politics and do what he does best; stand-up comedy.

Watching Kasparov traipse around Moscow with his basket of sour grapes and his entourage of western media-stooges is like watching "Mr. Bean's Excellent Kremlin Adventure"---a particularly lame performance in a dismal B-rated burlesque. It's painful to watch.

On Sunday, while Putin's party "United Russia" was screeching to a landslide victory; Reuters News was busy taking mug-shots of the stony-faced Kasparov holding up Florida-style ballots claiming the voting was rigged.

"They are not just rigging the vote," Kasparov moaned, "They are raping the whole electoral system. These elections are a reminder of Soviet elections when there was no choice.....Putin is going to have a hard time trying to rule like Stalin."

Stalin? So now Putin is Stalin?

First of all, when did Reuters begin to take an interest in voting irregularities? It must be a recent development, since they were nowhere to be found in the 2000 presidential election. And when did they start to pay attention to "dissenting voices"? They certainly never wasted any video-footage on the antiwar rallies in the US. Are we to believe that they are more interested in democracy in Russia than in America?

And why is Reuters so eager to provide valuable column-space to a washed-up chess-jockey whose only interest is flogging the Russian President while making unsubstantiated charges of voter fraud? Is that news or just propaganda?

As for Kasparov and his silly accusations; he should be glad that he lives in Putin's Russia rather than Stalin's or he'd be in leg-irons right now boarding a northbound train to the Siberian outback.

What is Kasparov doing in Moscow anyway? And why is this little man--with virtually no political base--such a big part of the western media narrative? Is he only there to discredit the election and throw a little more muck on Putin or is there more to it than that? Kasparov's party, the "Other Russia" couldn't manage even a 2% rating in the polls. The party is a complete dud. In fact, Reuters even (reluctantly) admits as much in its article.

Here's the clip. Reuters:

"Kasparov and his "Other Russia" dissident movement are not standing in Sunday's parliamentary election because they could not get registered as a party. THEY ENJOY LITTLE PUBLIC SUPPORT AMONG RUSSIANS BUT HAVE A BIG FOLLOWING IN THE WEST." (Reuters)

"Big following in the West"? Why doesn't that surprise me?

So, in other words, Kasparov has no base of support in Russia, and yet he gets his own camera crew and media team to follow him around recording every silly he says. That's just great. Who do they think he is; Nelson Mandela?

Kasparov is a contributing editor of Murdoch's Wall Street Journal; so he already has a regular platform for launching his tirades on the "tyrannical" Mr. Putin. Normally, one doesn't get a spot on the op-ed page of the WSJ unless their politics are somewhere to the right of Augusto Pinochet. That's probably the case with Kasparov, too.

In Saturday's edition of the WSJ, Kasparov delivered his latest absurd soliloquy- disparaging Putin and recounting his agonizing 5 day ordeal in the Moscow poky. What a travesty. It seems that Kasparov's delicate physical make-up made it impossible for him to eat prison food so "thanks to growing pressure , they allowed me to receive food packages from home". (WSJ)

Did you hear that, Bobby Sands?

Kasparov also added, "Some commentators even suspected I wanted to provoke my own arrest for publicity, a chess players far-sighted strategy."

Heaven forbid! Who could possibly think that this was all a stage-managed publicity stunt orchestrated by western power-brokers? What cynicism? "Is that T-bone done to your liking, Mr. Kasparov, or should we open another 'food package from home"'?

Although Kasparov has garnered little public support in Russia, he appears to have a loyal following among the Washington elite. According to Wikipedia:

"In 1991, Kasparov received the Keeper of the Flame award from the Center for Security Policy (a US think tank), for anti-Communist resistance and the propagation of democracy. Kasparov was an exceptional recipient since the award is given to "individuals for devoting their public careers to the defense of the United States and American values around the world". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry_Kasparov

Hmmmm...."For devoting their public careers to the defense of the United States and American values around the world"? Isn't that a definition of an American agent?

Again, according to Wikipedia:

In April, 2007 it was asserted that Kasparov was a board member of the National Security Advisory Council of the Center for Security Policy, a non-profit, non-partisan national security organization that specializes in identifying policies, actions, and resource needs that are vital to American security". Kasparov confirmed this and added that he was removed shortly after he became aware of it. He noted that HE DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THE MEMBERSHIP and suggested he was included in the board by an accident because he received the 1991 Keeper of the Flame award from this organization. But Kasparov maintained his association with the neoconservative leadership by giving speeches at think tanks such as the Hoover Institute." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry_Kasparov Here's a list of some of the other fellow travelers who've been given the "Keeper of the Flame Award":

2007-Senator Joe Lieberman. 2004-General Peter Pace. 2003- Paul Wolfowitz. 2002- General Richard Meyers. 1998-Donald Rumsfeld. 1996-Newt Gingrich. 1995-Ronald Reagan. 1990-Casper Weinberger.

Is Kasparov an anomaly or does he fit right in with this coven of far-right loonies?

And who are some of the prominent members of the Center for Security Policy?

Richard Perle, Douglas Feith, Frank Gaffney, James Roche and Laura Ingraham.

Oh, boy. The whole front office of the neocon's cuckoo's nest.

Now tell me, dear reader, with friends like that; what should we really think about Kasparov's performance in Moscow? Is he really interested in "democracy promotion" as he claims or is their acting out a script that was prepared in Washington?

In the US, Kasparov has become the focal point of the Russian elections---the primary source of "unbiased" analysis. NPR reiterates his spurious claims every half hour. The other news agencies are no better. He has become the distorted lens through which Americans view Russian democracy. This says a lot more about the choke-hold the neocons still have on the media rather than anything objective about Russia.

The Kasparov fiasco gives us a chance to see the inner-workings of the establishment media. It's nothing more than a propaganda bullhorn for far-right organizations executing their bloody imperial strategy. Fidel Castro summed it up best just days ago when he said:

"It is the most sophisticated media ever developed by technology, employed to kill human beings and to subjugate or exterminate peoples".

Amen to that, Fidel.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article18821.htm
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 02:06
Clap Excellent article. Thank you, Zagros Thumbs%20Up
Σαυρομάτης
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 02:10
Originally posted by rider

Sorry, I didn't mean you. I thought it was Sarmata12 posting. I wanted to say that obviously, Sarmata12 is heavily biased towards Russia...

Not sure about SarmatA 12; Smile but, it's kind of a common sense that every person is biased towards his native land.

However, what I'm trying to present here is not exactly my "bias" but my evaluation of some facts and information which I happened to be familiar with.
Σαυρομάτης
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 02:35

This opinion is not shared by many experts including the economists from the World Bank. Wink
Σαυρομάτης
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>