Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Putin once again Tsar?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Putin once again Tsar?
    Posted: 02-Mar-2008 at 16:12
Today the russians, their pets and the trees of the avenues will elect their new president, in which it seems to be sure that the green stuff and the dogs will elect Medwedev.

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2007 at 00:40

Putin's no ordinary Tsar... he's the only Tsar with nuclear warheads.

But seriously, I think Putin's the only person capable of leading the country. I am sure there may be some who will do better job, but there's no one that I know of in Russian politic right now.

Join us.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2007 at 13:03
Tongue
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2007 at 04:44

Echo Moskvy is quite famous and Putin is criticized not only there.

Σαυρομάτης
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 11:06
Originally posted by Sarmat12

This is not true. Kasparov showed his real attitude to the election and calls Putin regime a "Stalinist." Putin is also critisized by "Echo Moskvy." Those are nothing less than the expressions of "Freedom of speech."

cool! How many people listen Echo Moskvi? Some 1% of the population. I bet most of them didn't vote as they perfectly knew it is useless. I think kremlin keeps Echo just for such cases -- "Did you hear that? They call Putin stalinist in Echo Moskvi! This is a perfect example that we have freedom of speach!" Tongue
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 01:49
Originally posted by Anton

LOL

Mate, I didn't bring that stupid term in the discussion.

If you would use it I would not see any reason to continue farther discussion Wink

Yes, I hate this idiotic term. I recently read an article about another skinhead attack on a jounralist from Tuva. One of the witnesses told her afterwards that "skinheads are inspired by Americans, who pay money to them etc. " What a BS Dead
Σαυρομάτης
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 01:45

It is absolutely hopeless and will be untill opposition has its own central TV station. Or some 80% of people have and constantly use internet.

This is not true. Kasparov showed his real attitude to the election and calls Putin regime a "Stalinist." Putin is also critisized by "Echo Moskvy." Those are nothing less than the expressions of "Freedom of speech."

Σαυρομάτης
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 10:32

LOL

If you would use it I would not see any reason to continue farther discussion Wink
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 10:30

Exactly. It shows the real ridiculous role of this "politician" in the eyes of Russian people.
All his "opposition activities" are just pathetic especially coupled with the support of the National-Bolshevik party.

It is not politician that is ridiculous. Ridiculous is the staff that I mentioned about the way how last elections were held in Russia. This is amazing how Putin supporters (I do not mean you) can speak simultaneously about "hard hand" and "democracy" Tongue My vision about Putin however is that he is neither "hard hand" (because he didn't finish any unpopular but required reforms) neither "democracy supporter"(which is obvious). Licksptilles like to compare him with General de Gaulle but in my opinion he can only pretend to be Lukashenko type of leader.

By the way, too many goblins in Marshi Nesoglasnih in St.Petersburg and Moscow says that Kremlin do not consider him and other opposition as pathetics.

Edited by Anton - 06-Dec-2007 at 10:34
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 10:18

Yes, Putin is openly criticized not only by Echo but also in a notable number of other Russian mass media. This just proves that it's not all so hopeless in Russia with the freedom of speech as some are trying to represent.

It is absolutely hopeless and will be untill opposition has its own central TV station. Or some 80% of people have and constantly use internet.

Edited by Anton - 06-Dec-2007 at 10:35
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 04:02

I think there is no such thing as independent mass media. But particularly Echo does heavy criticism of Putin. I would say even unacceptable sometimes.  

Yes, Putin is openly criticized not only by Echo but also in a notable number of other Russian mass media. This just proves that it's not all so hopeless in Russia with the freedom of speech as some are trying to represent.

Edited by Sarmat12 - 06-Dec-2007 at 04:03
Σαυρομάτης
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 03:58

What is so excellent in the article exactly? The statement that Kasparov had little public support?

Exactly. It shows the real ridiculous role of this "politician" in the eyes of Russian people.

All his "opposition activities" are just pathetic especially coupled with the support of the National-Bolshevik party.
Σαυρομάτης
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 03:55

But shared by other experts. Obviously, they were bought by "western enemies" Wink

LOL

Edited by Sarmat12 - 06-Dec-2007 at 03:59
Σαυρομάτης
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 16:27
Originally posted by axeman

I wonder how reliable is Echo Moskvi since the Gazprom owns 66% of its shares.

I think there is no such thing as independent mass media. But particularly Echo does heavy criticism of Putin. I would say even unacceptable sometimes.  
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 15:57

Originally posted by Zagros

What are the bases for these allegations?

A bit from Echo Moskvi.

I wonder how reliable is Echo Moskvi since the Gazprom owns 66% of its shares.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 15:52
Originally posted by Zagros

Mostly Russian life journals. Then open letters of Russian journalists to Putin. Finally RTR news shows about blackmailing Marsh Nesoglasnih. A bit from Echo Moskvi.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 13:59

Clap Excellent article. Thank you, Zagros Thumbs%20Up

What is so excellent in the article exactly? The statement that Kasparov had little public support? After huge subvertising in Russian press and TV? After the cheap Putin's trick about "enemies"- "those who sold themseves to the west" and "wanted to sell the whole country"? After the association of "marsh nesoglasnih" with gays happened in Russian press and TV? After "fair elections" with documentally recorded falsifications? After forcing people to become members of "United Russia" party in Schools, Hospitals and all sorts of public places? After almost 100% rate of voters in districts like Chechnya? After criminal processes of journalists writing bad things about "United Russia" bonzes? After direct orders for local papers to NOT accept political advertisements of any party apart UR? After direct Putin's call to vote for UR which is not allowed by Russian law?

Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 11:43

This opinion is not shared by many experts including the economists from the World Bank. Wink

But shared by other experts. Obviously, they were bought by "western enemies" Wink
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 11:42

Clap Excellent article. Thank you, Zagros Thumbs%20Up

What is so excellent in the article exactly? The statement that Kasparov had little public support? After huge subvertising in Russian press and TV? After the cheap Putin's trick about "enemies"- "those who sold themseves to the west" and "wanted to sell the whole country"? After the association of "marsh nesoglasnih" with gays happened in Russian press and TV? After "fair elections" with documentally recorded falsifications? After forcing people to become members of "United Russia" party in Schools, Hospitals and all sorts of public places? After almost 100% rate of voters in districts like Chechnya? After criminal processes of journalists writing bad things about "United Russia" bonzes? After direct orders for local papers to NOT accept political advertisements of any party apart UR? After direct Putin's call to vote for UR which is not allowed by Russian law?

Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 02:35

Don't buy it. "Cum hoc ergo propter hoc" is logical fallacy. Putin was lucky that oil prices rised when he came.  

This opinion is not shared by many experts including the economists from the World Bank. Wink
Σαυρομάτης
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>