Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Septimius Severus - "African Emperor of Rome"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Septimius Severus - "African Emperor of Rome"
    Posted: 30-Aug-2007 at 01:40
Originally posted by Dolphin

Aborigines have a distinct look...

lol.
jdalton View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote jdalton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2007 at 04:52
Originally posted by Dolphin

Aborigines have a distinct look...

Tell that to the Papua New Guineans.
Lords of Death and Life (a Mesoamerican webcomic)
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2007 at 13:13
Originally posted by pinguin

Originally posted by Laelius

well there's plenty of people who are called African American who have European features despite there dark skin. 

That's because Mulattoes, Quadroons and Octoroons in the U.S. call themselves Black, forgetting they are MOSTLY European

Originally posted by Laelius

As for the bust well I've seen one of Scipio Africanus done in black marble, does that mean he was black?

LOLLOLLOL

Even though you are making a point try not to be too amusing. Three emoticons border on mocking.

Edited by Seko - 30-Aug-2007 at 13:14
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2007 at 16:48
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Severan_dynasty_-_tondo.jpg

This is the wood carving which has been mentioned earlier on in this thread, it certainly shows Severus to have dark skin, very much darker compared to his wife and also his young son Caracalla, as you can see his other son Geta has been erased from the carving, most likely on the orders of Caracalla.

The busts really don't reveal anything about race, the fact they are mostly white is irrelevant really.
A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2007 at 17:24
he was not a nodic thats for sure. The thing is even if he was dark skinned it dose not mean anything. Mediterrainian's and Mid Easterners like Severus have a wide variety of skin tones.
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2007 at 07:01
...Yet another race-inspired post. What does it matter if he was Black? Afrocentrism seems to be in the air...
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2007 at 17:19
Originally posted by Aster Thrax Eupator

...Yet another race-inspired post. What does it matter if he was Black? Afrocentrism seems to be in the air...

I dont understand your objection to this topic.

Hardly the most important topic in the world, but I don't see anything wrong in discussing it.
A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
Romanus Maximus View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Romanus Maximus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2007 at 11:09

Pinquin, the Brtish rock band Yes, are definately not African.

Get your facts right.

Clap
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2007 at 21:14
Originally posted by Romanus Maximus

Pinquin, the Brtish rock band Yes, are definately not African.
Get your facts right.

Clap

British rock bands? It depends of which one. Led Zeppelin sounds not human to me LOLLOL, perhaps from the time of the Neardenthal and Rollings Stones never learn to play. However, I would agree on Pink Floyd's music.

Anyways, if you say bagpipe scotish bands I would say I pass... that's the more enervating sound I have never heared Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12