Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Thread to End All Threads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Thread to End All Threads
    Posted: 27-Nov-2007 at 20:29
Originally posted by Mughaal

Language, not only in South America (500 million +) but also in phillipines.

Sea faring, size of empire, armada, conquere aztec, tarasco, inka, maya; spread christianity; etc.

Nah! That was just good luck. The only important thing Spaniards (our ancestors) ever did was to write Don Quixote...

Edited by pinguin - 27-Nov-2007 at 20:30
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2007 at 20:46
Frankly, I think that it's naive to award places from "top" to "bottom" for empires that have hundreds of years difference to them. On the list above the Spaniards are being compared to the Romans, the Ptolemies, the Mongols and the Fatimids - how is that a fair comparison?
Mughal e Azam View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mughal e Azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2007 at 03:29
Dear Friends;

Since you have all collectively ruined my thread to end all threads; i will have to create another thread to solve this issue.

Love,

Mughaal

Edited by Mughaal - 08-Dec-2007 at 05:25
Mughal e Azam
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2007 at 04:34
You still have not answered my question Mr. Mugy!
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2007 at 15:46
In fairness, the Romans are responsible for laying the foundations of most Western Law right up to the modern era... The Roman Republic brought things such as Civic duty and Justice into the mainstream, creating a tradition that lives on to this day. The fact that the Romans conquered most of Europe, and hence 'Romanized' it ensured that European society has been affected by the positive cultural changes offered by that great Empire. Just my two cents.
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 04:20

Yes - and they are excellent points. Most of the world now indirectly uses many of the systems that the Romans developed, spread via proxy in the colonial era and in recent history. That doesn't change the fact, however, the alternative civilisations (the Chinese dynasties, the Diodochs and the Hellenistic world, Indian civilisations etc) could have had just as good alternatives to the things that the Romans developed - something that people often seem to forget. The terracotta army, for example - created at the begining of the classical era in one large organised state. The West had yet to catch up - artistically and politically

Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mughal e Azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 05:30
When Muslims take over the world; it will be the Arabic tounge and Persian customs.
Wherever Islam goes; Persian customs follow closely behind; for some reasons.

Edited by Mughaal - 08-Dec-2007 at 05:26
Mughal e Azam
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 11:58

When Muslims take over the world; it will be the Arabic tounge and Persian customs.

What's that? When it is going to happen?

Muslims are going to become agnostics in mass quite soon. Believe me.
longshanks31 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 16:42
mughaal, i did take your posts seriously, but with that last one i will have to switch off in future.
It is the customs and culture of the west and the new world that are making all the headway,
The oil will run out and most of the middle east will lose all western interest all together, north africa is changeing as we speak,
Im not anti islam, you know this, but you should also know that religion in general is a slowly dieing, more and more people do not need to be told what to believe any more.
The spread of islam to a large extent happened via conquests of moors, saracens and turks etc, but those days are long since beyond the islamic worlds powers.
Pinguin, thank god we are atheists lmao
long live the king of bhutan
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 17:14
As we say in Spanish:

"Ateo, gracias a Dios"

(Thanks God, I am an atheistic) LOL

In any case, I am agnostic and not atheistic, but close enough.

Brian J Checco View Drop Down
General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 17:18

Wherever Islam goes; Persian customs follow closely behind; for some reasons.

Wacko what a very strange post...
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 17:21
The future belongs to bhutan
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mughal e Azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 21:24
No, I predict arab tongue. More Muslims in Europe plus every other white person is either gay or doesnt want to have kids.

Muslims have like 5 kids per woman. You do the math. Russia is 17% Muslim. France is 10%. Eastern Europe is 10%. It will be a matter of time before Europeans are only 50% of their national population. By that time they will also be in the high up positions of society as they want to be the "top" of the crop to maintain their culture. The closest cheap labor for them is the Arabs in Africa. Those guys come in bringing in their grandmas, nieces, nephews and all.
I predict some political rebellion. All the European science and math is converted into Arabic so the masses can understand and there you go.

Although I also believe we will have a secular wave of culture - it will still have elements of the Arab tounge and Persian methods of doing things because its too long ingrained.

Or maybe India will grow exponentially and spread all over the world.

Edited by Mughaal - 11-Mar-2008 at 10:08
Mughal e Azam
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 23:37
as long as you have no hopes for this then you will not be disapointed.

History displays quite vividly what happens when alien cultures stretch too far into the european fabric for comfort, and it has not been pretty.
The russian equally.
The abrahamic religions are being eroded and rejected as obsolete in europe, and many other places, and that is spreading, atheism/agnostic is the third largest and fastest growing belief in the world.
And high time too.
These things are antiques of a bygone age, like the roman and egyptian pantheons, so will the relevance of such be in the future, religions come and go.
On our watch, life will remain much the same, except oil will run out, where the terrorists are decimation will follow, and the western/chinese/indian economic powers will continue to dominate.
happy times.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 23:37
Culture impossed by the number of people? In that case the mainstream of culture would be Chinese, Indian, Muslim or African, but it is not. The West is the dominant culture and the rest addapt to it.

Muslims dominating by numbers? That's an interesting idea. However, it doesn't mach the historical reality.
The West is accustommed to win and imposse its culture against people that are more numerous than themselves. That has been the common pattern of the West during three thousand years.

Otherwise you won't explain how such a small people like the Greeks (that even today are only 10 million people) could spread its culture all over Europe and the New World, and that now most people of the world have some patterns of them.

The plain truth is simple to see. The West has always look weak, but at the end always succeed in imposse its ideas.

At least, that's the way people in the West see things.

Edited by pinguin - 02-Dec-2007 at 23:41
Panther View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 23:44

no. i predict arab tounge.

Hmmm... Terrific! Are we are going to start predicting stuff around here? If i could come up with a statement that would certainly not alleviate everyones concerns, then this would be the one?
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mughal e Azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 23:50
Modern Western Thinking is Subjective. The same thing can be said of the Turkish spread during the "middle ages" of the Christian calendar.

Things come and go in waves.

Edited by Mughaal - 08-Dec-2007 at 05:30
Mughal e Azam
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 23:56

Conquest by immigration?

That's impossible. It will never happened. The local society accept foreigners up to the point it can manage and reprogram theirs minds, otherwise cut the flow.

Yes, first generations keep strongly the traditions of theirs former lands, but newest generations usually don't want anything to do with the land of theirs parents, particularly if they are perceived as backwards by the mainstream.

That's something we know pretty well in Latin America. You can't conquest by immigration. Or, like the old Western saying says:

"In Rome do as Romans"

Edited by pinguin - 02-Dec-2007 at 23:57
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2007 at 00:29
mughaal get with the times, bollywood is already popular here, you should know that we are a nation of immigrants.

second generation immigrants here drive there parents nuts with turning there backs on the old culture for the new, ie more brits,

i suspect this is the same the world over.

There are countries in the arabian penninsula with vast populations of hindu workers, are they now culturally indian?

If europeans bred like flies and started flooding the islamic world, are you saying your culture and language would finish?

This is crazy talk and it discredits you, i wish you had not said it, i had great deal of respect for your posts,
not to worry, i will leave it there, im well informed on the facts of this so there is nothing of concern.
turn on the news.
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mughal e Azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2007 at 01:32
I dont know - we'll see. When the Arabs spread, everything was arabized. The Persians persianized and the Turks turkized.

Its natural to understand that language is a medium. As i understand it Chinese arent really taught European languages unless they especially enroll for them.

They hold their board meetings in Chinese language. They need translators when Western diplomats arrive. The Indians speak English - but there is Sanskritization process.

We will see. One idea to note is that the Indians and Chinese have many people. I think they will risk (and their goverments will welcome) war with bordering nations to spread or annex their boundary lines.

Edited by Mughaal - 08-Dec-2007 at 05:33
Mughal e Azam
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>