Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

conference on WWII

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: conference on WWII
    Posted: 26-Nov-2007 at 23:01
Originally posted by deadkenny

You've failed to support your claims regarding the French mobilization or the situation in Poland. 

I have given you the original French-Polish plan with the exact numbers of French troops required for the attack on the Germans. And also I quoted the sentence which said that they had all the necessary forces within a week after the declaration of war.

"Mobilization" was from the beginning your claim, which I even didn't comment. And it's you who failed to give any support for you weak arguments.

Originally posted by deadkenny

The situation was that without their heavy artillery, the French were simply not prepared to launch a major offensive. 

For some reasons German field generals' statements do not support this weak argumentation and I believe them much more than these unrealistic hypos about the "mobilization and heavy artillery"

Edited by Sarmat12 - 26-Nov-2007 at 23:02
Σαυρομάτης
deadkenny View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deadkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2007 at 23:56
Originally posted by Sarmat12

I have given you the original French-Polish plan with the exact numbers of French troops required for the attack on the Germans. And also I quoted the sentence which said that they had all the necessary forces within a week after the declaration of war.

"Mobilization" was from the beginning your claim, which I even didn't comment. And it's you who failed to give any support for you weak arguments.

For some reasons German field generals' statements do not support this weak argumentation and I believe them much more than these unrealistic hypos about the "mobilization and heavy artillery"

Well, you've posted one line from Wiki upon which all of your claims rest.  I've quoted 3 historians who have actually researched and written books on the subject.  I have no idea why 'German field generals' statements' are the key for the state of preparedness of the French heavy artillery.  Other than your inevitable 'next' post (since you always have to have the last word, even if you don't actually have anything to say) it's pretty much all been said and anyone reading this can make up their own minds.  One line in Wiki which claims the French 'had the necessary forces available', even though those forces (according the the Wiki source) consisted of 40 divisions and the Germans had at least that number in heavily fortified positions behind minefields vs. 3 credible historians who have analyzed the situation deeply enough to realize that it simply wasn't as straightforward as the numbers on paper appear to indicate given only a superficial appreciation of the situation.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234