Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Before Cortes, Columbus, Grijalva?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gabachachida View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gabachachida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Before Cortes, Columbus, Grijalva?
    Posted: 04-Nov-2007 at 20:52

In the time before European contact, the many tribes in Mexico lived and flourished...do u know of any good books regarding this time frame. Anything would be good, but books regarding Teotihuacan, or the Tlaxcalecs or Olmecs are better.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2007 at 00:43

A very good book (and short) about the Aztecs and its origins, language, religion, culture and technology is "Everyday life of the Aztecs" by Warwick Bray.

Edited by pinguin - 05-Nov-2007 at 00:44
Gabachachida View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Gabachachida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2007 at 02:51
Originally posted by pinguin

A very good book (and short) about the Aztecs and its origins, language, religion, culture and technology is "Everyday life of the Aztecs" by Warwick Bray.

you think i need a short book? Wink LOL
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2007 at 03:17
It's an excelent book. In my oppinion. I keep reading it for more than 15 years...
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2007 at 00:54
THE book to start with is The Discovery and Conquest of Mexico, by Bernal Diaz. This is the firsthand account of one of the conquistadors, but unlike most primary sources, it's actually a good read. Nor is Diaz nearly as biased as one might suspect.

A book which I picked up recently is Handbook to Life in the Aztec World by Manuel Aguilar-Moreno. This is by far the most comprehensive book I've ever seen about the Aztecs; it's practically an encyclopedia of the Aztec world. More of a reference book though.
 Post Reply Post Reply