Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Satanism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Satanism
    Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 12:11
Lets talk abouut Satanism shall we LOL.

I'm a pretty openminded fella when it comes to cultures and religion. But even I am strucked/confused about Satanism.

1. If u believe in the devil u must believe in God.

God creator of all things including the devil

2. Isn't it a well know fact that the devil hates humans?

The devils mission is to proove to God how much better he is that humans and how much we suck right?

So what are these people thinking Confused.

I mean

C'mon........

btw where there realy sects that worshiped teh devil in the Middle ages are was that a way for teh church to Burn people?
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 12:16
I'd change the thread name if I were you.... even Satanism, which I agree is nonsensical, should not be attacked in that way.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 13:02
Originally posted by xi_tujue

If u believe in the devil u must believe in God.

Maybe they think 'the Satan' is the god?

Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 13:13
I have changed the thread name -as Zaitsev suggested- from the less than appropriate "Religious Retards" to "Satanism". If you would prefer something else, let me know.

Edited by Knights - 03-Oct-2007 at 13:14
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 13:20
Originally posted by Feanor

If u believe in the devil u must believe in God.

Maybe they think 'the Satan' is the god?

A more accurate statement would be that if you believe in Satan, the same Satan from the Bible, then you must also believe him to be evil and God to be good.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 14:41
... and so if you prefer evil you worship Satan instead of God.

Possibly in the hope that God will prove merciful while Satan wouldn't.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 14:45
Perhaps. However, what does worshipping Satan achieve in the long run?
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 15:29
Originally posted by gcle2003

... and so if you prefer evil you worship Satan instead of God.

Possibly in the hope that God will prove merciful while Satan wouldn't.

Or that either way you're going to hell and getting in good with Satan in advancebore you go makes sense.

Edited by Paul - 03-Oct-2007 at 15:29
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 15:31
Originally posted by Zaitsev

Perhaps. However, what does worshipping Satan achieve in the long run?

Your own trident, winged steed keys to the executive toilet and a million souls of Christian sinners to torment for eternity.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 15:36
Originally posted by Paul

Or that either way you're going to hell and getting in good with Satan in advancebore you go makes sense.

Except if you actually read the book, that isn't going to get you anywhere.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 15:39
The Satanic bible says this?

Edited by Paul - 03-Oct-2007 at 15:39

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 15:43
The Satanic bible is a collection of essays written in 1969.

Edited by Zaitsev - 03-Oct-2007 at 15:43
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 17:01

So it's been less tampered with over time than the Christian one then.

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 17:23
Is modern satanism a parody?
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 19:04
mabey its just a club where emo kids hang out *shrugs*
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 19:21
I agree with Tujue, Satanism is a 'club' for anti-social people who suffer from extreme mental problems. I don't think satanism has a serious theological background. 
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 19:26
Actually Satanism is more about the self than worshiping Satan. Its about empowering yourself, and not bowing or submitting to anyone or anything, including the Christian God.

This is what I've heard, at least.
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 19:57
true u just empower your self by worshiping a creature called the devil.

if u gonna bow down to someone u might as well to it to the big boss
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 20:00

true u just empower your self by worshiping a creature called the devil.

if u gonna bow down to someone u might as well to it to the big boss

You still don't have it. Most 'satanists' don't really worship Satan. They in a sense, worship the god in themselves.
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 23:35
Satanism is one of the most misunderstood religions in the world. And for good reason, as there is not one but many different interpretations of "Satanism". Throughout the years there have been many different 'Satanic-cults' throughout history, but especially in the middle ages this is just the Christian writers definition of 'idolatry' and 'pagan worship' that had yet to be stamped out by the religious authorities.

What most people consider as satanism began in the Victorian period of England. It was under the guidance of various fortune tellers, astrologers and mystics that aspects of modern satanism began to take hold.

Currently there a few major varieties of Satanism:

LaVeyan Satanism: Basically just espouse a belief of hedonism and amorality, in that nothing matters but your own enjoyment, and that the unifying force behind this is the symbolism of Satan in modern culture. They consider conformity, subservience and stupidity to be grave sins. Also this isn't true "satanism" since it has a strong atheistic bent to it.

Theistic Satanism: This is really just a catch-all for satanists who believe in divine beings that affect the world. They believe that the Christian God is a vain and oppressive deity and that Satan (or Lucifer) is attempting to guide the world into a more individualistic and liberal society.

Setian Satanism: There is an actual church that this term covers and that is the Temple of Set. I however use this term in a more generally way, covering satanists that believe that "Satan" is in actuality a positive force in the world, that has been "oppressed for centuries" by the Judaic religions. They believe that satan personifies the gods of the ancients who are closer to mans primordial and thus more natural state. They believe that the Judaic religions are an artificial construction that has become corrupted by man.

Finally of course there are your general "Devil-worshiping" cults, which perform "Black Masses", "Acts of Villiany" and "Human Sacrifice". However these are rarities amongst modern satanism and most satanists will condemn rather than defend these people.

As you can see these are the reasons people follow Satanism. They don't see their religion as a "mockery" of the Judaic churches, they see those churches as a mockery of human nature, in their eyes.

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>