Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ahmadinejad visits Colombia University

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ahmadinejad visits Colombia University
    Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 15:02
Ahmadinejad decides to come on over to the US to discuss politics! And why not? In America you can do practically anything now a days. You can be an enemy of the United States and earn a full scholarship to study in Yale like a representative in the Taliban did! This article discuess Ahmadinejad's speech in Colombia University in New York City.

Ahmadinejad Blasts Israel, Denies Existence of Iranian Gays During Columbia Speech
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Monday questioned why Iran can't have a nuclear program when the United States has one, repeated his inference that historical accounts of the Holocaust are myths, and denied that there are homosexuals in Iran.

In animated remarks before students and faculty at a controversial speaking engagment at Columbia university, the Iranian leader also denied that Iran sponsors terror, and instead pointed the finger at the U.S. government as a supporter of terrorism.

"We don't need to resort to terrorism. We've been victims of terrorism, ourselves," he said. "Within six months, over 4,000 Iranians lost their lives, assassinated by terrorist groups. All this carried out by the hand of one single terrorist group. Regretfully, that same terrorist group now, today, in your country, is operating under the support of the U.S. administration, working freely, distributing declarations freely, and their camps in Iraq are supported by the U.S. government."

Ahmadinejad did not name the group to which he was referring.

Click here to view photos of Ahmadinejad's New York visit.

Columbia President Lee Bollinger opened the program with a blistering introduction in which he lambasted Ahmadinejad for calling for the annihilation of Israel, denying the Holocaust and supporting the execution of children, and told the leader of Iran that he resembled "a petty and cruel dictator."

Bollinger levied repeated criticisms against Ahmadinejad, calling on him to answer a series of challenges about his leadership, blasting his views about the "myth" of the Holocaust as being "absurd," and saying that he doubted he "will have the intellectual courage to answer these questions."

"You are either brazenly provocative or astonishingly uneducated," Bollinger told Ahmadinejad about the leader's Holocaust denial. "Will you cease this outrage?"

After sitting through Bollinger's rebuke, Ahmadinejad rose to applause, and after a religious invocation, opened his remarks by objecting to the scolding, saying it was insulting to be spoken about that way.

"At the outset, I want to complain a bit about the person who read this political statement made against me," Ahmadinejad said. "In Iran, we don't think it's necessary to come in before the speech has already begun with a series of complaints ... It was an insult to information and the knowledge of the audience here."

He said Bollinger's speech was full of "insults and claims that were incorrect, regretfully," and accused Bollinger of offering "unfriendly treatment" under the influence of the U.S. press and politicians.

He did not address Bollinger's accusations directly, instead launching into a long religious discussion laced with quotes from the Koran before turning to criticism of the Bush administration and past American governments, from warrantless wiretapping to the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

He asked why the United States was allowed to develop nuclear weapons capabilities, but his country was not.

"How come you have that right and we dont have it?" he challenged.

On the issue of the Holocaust, Ahmadinejad said more "research" was needed on what took place, but he seemed to acknowledge that it did exist.

"I am not saying that it didn't happen at all. This is not that judgment that I am passing here," he said. "Granted this happened, what does it have to do with the Palestinian people? ... Why is it that the Palestinian people are paying the price for an event they had nothing to do with?"

And the Iranian leader denied that homosexuality exists in his country when asked to explain the execution of homosexuals in Iran.

"In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country," he said, to laughter and boos from the audience. 'In Iran we do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who's told you that we have this."

Ahmadinejad began the first full day of his controversial New York City trip Monday--his third in three years-- amid mounting protests and air-tight security, with his first appearance beginning just after noon EDT via video before the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. His highly publicized visit to Columbia University in New York City began at 1:30 p.m.

Bollinger, who was strongly criticized for inviting Ahmadinejad to Columbia, had promised tough questions in his introduction to Ahmadinejad's talk, but the strident and personal nature of his attack on the president of Iran was startling.

"Mr. President, you exhibit all the signs of a petty and cruel dictator," Bollinger said, to loud applause.

He said Ahmadinejad's denial of the Holocaust might fool the illiterate and ignorant.

"When you come to a place like this it makes you simply ridiculous," Bollinger said. "The truth is that the Holocaust is the most documented event in human history."

Ahmadinejad said he simply wanted more research on the Holocaust, which he said was abused as a justification for Israeli mistreatment of the Palestinians.

"Why is it that the Palestinian people are paying the price for an event they had nothing to do with?" Ahmadinejad asked. He closed his prepared remarks with a terse smile, to applause and boos, before taking questions from the audience.

During the question and answer period, Ahmadinejad was taken to task on remarks he has made calling for the destruction of Israel, with the Columbia moderator accusing him of failing to answer the question.

"We love all nations. We are friends with the Jewish people. There are many Jews living in Iran with security," Ahmadinejad said. "Our proposal to the Palestinian plight is a humanitarian and a democratic proposal. What we say is that to solve this 60-year problem, we must allow the Palestinian people to decide about its future for itself."

The moderator asked him to simply answer "yes" or "no" on whether or not he wanted to destroy Israel.

"Mr. President, I think many members of our audience would like to hear a clearer answer to that question," the moderator said. "The question is: Do you or your government seek the destruction of the state of Israel as a Jewish state? And I think you could answer that question with a single word, either yes or no."

"You asked the question, and then you want the answer the way you want to hear it. Well, this isn't really a free flow of information," Ahmadinejad retorted. 'I'm just telling you what my position is. I'm asking you: Is the Palestinian issue not an international issue of prominence or not? Please tell me, yes or no? There's the plight of a people."

The moderator told him the answer to his question was "yes," and the Iranian president thanked him for his cooperation.

"We recognize there's a problem there that's been going on for 60 years. Everybody provides a solution. And our solution is a free referendum," the Iranian president said. "Let this referendum happen, and then you'll see what the results are."

Ahmadinejad said he believes that the United States and Iran have the potential to be great friends.

"I think that if the U.S. administration, if the U.S. government, puts aside some of its old behaviors, it can actually be a good friend for the Iranian people, for the Iranian nation," Ahmadinejad said.

"If the U.S. government recognizes the rights of the Iranian people, respects all nations and extends a hand of friendship with all Iranians, they, too, will see that Iranians will be one of its best friends."

President Bush said Ahmadinejad's appearance spoke to the "greatness" of the United States of America.

"He's the head of a state sponsor of terror, and yet, an institution in our country gives him the chance to express his point of view, which really speaks to the freedoms of the country," Bush told FOX News on Monday ahead of the Columbia event. "I'm not so sure I'd offer the same invitation, but nevertheless, it speaks volumes about the greatness, really, of America. We're confident enough to let a person express his views. I just really hope he tells everybody the truth."

Bush said that while he's "not sure" he would have offered the Iranian leader a platform from which to outline his agenda, he thinks it's OK that Columbia University did invite Ahmadinejad to speak.

"This is a place of high learning and if the president (of Columbia) thinks it's a good idea to have the leader from Iran come and talk to the students as an educational experience, I guess it's OK with me," Bush told FOX News in an interview. "The problem is Ahmadinejad uses these platforms to advance his agenda, which I suspect in this case ... He doesn't want America to know his true intentions."

Before his Columbia appearance Monday, the Iranian leader, speaking via video from New York City to journalists at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., tossed aside a question about Israel by saying Iran doesn't recognize the "regime," accusing it of killing people and committing various other atrocities.

It was typical of many of Ahmadinejad's responses, which often started with laughing challenges to journalists in which he said, "That's not right," or asked, "Where are you getting that?"

The Iranian president started his speech at the Press Club by reciting some verses from the Koran. No one on the panel or seated in the audience applauded or reacted in any way when he was introduced.

On the Holocaust which the Iranian leader has called a "myth" he said that "if the Holocaust is a reality, why don't we let more research be done on it? ... Where did the Holocaust happen to begin with? It happened in Europe, and given that, why is it that the Palestinian people should be displaced? Why should they give up their land?"

He also defended his request to visit Ground Zero--the site of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on New York City--saying he wanted to "pay my respects." But, he claimed, the U.S. government and other politicians prevented that from happening.

"I was interested in expressing my sympathy to victims of tragedy," he said. "It's the responsibility of everyone to understand the root causes of 9/11."

His request to lay a wreath at ground zero was denied by city officials and condemned by politicians who said a visit to the site of the 2001 terror attacks would violate sacred ground.

Police cited construction and security concerns in denying Ahmadinejad's request. Ahmadinejad told "60 Minutes" he would not press the issue but expressed disbelief that the visit would offend Americans.

During the Press Club address, the Iranian president delivered some remarks through an interpreter and then answered questions from the moderator. A similar format was used at the Columbia event.

Ahmadinejad said the world needs to build a better future "based on peace and security of all humanity," and he spoke of a world full of love, kindness, beauty and allegiance to God as the ultimate goal.

"No one should prevent love and kindness from flourishing in mankind and turn it into hostility," the Iranian president said. "Family is the center of love and beauty."

He said people should follow God, who would lead them to a "sublime" state.

"When we take a look around us, we are not happy with what we see," Ahmadinejad said. "Threats of war have affected everyone. Continuous wars have in fact hurt the human spirit. If we look at the root cause of some of these problems, we will be able to think about how to build a better future, a more prosperous future based on peace and security of all humanity."

Ahmadinejad spoke of the importance of the press, in spite of the fact that Iran's media is state-run and criticized as tightly controlled by the government.

"The press plays a connecting role. It provides information and can serve as a channel for promoting current thinking," he said. "The role of the press is to disseminate moral behavior ... The press can be the voices of the divine prophets."

The Press Club moderator asked the Iranian leader about Iranian weapons and involvement in Iraq, about his views on whether religions other than Islam have a place in the world, and on his country's treatment of women and approach to the freedom of the press.

The Iranian president repeatedly asked where the moderator got his information and challenged the truth of his statements.

And when asked whether Iran was sending weapons into Iraq to fight against American troops, Ahmadinejad replied that "Iraq security means our security." When pressed, he denied that Iran was engaging in that kind of activity.

When asked whether he wanted to go to war, he said he did not.

"Why is there a need for war?" Ahmadinejad said. "Why should they threaten another country? Why should they create more insecurity? I think officials who talk this kind of talk should really be pressured and warn to know what to say and when not to say something."

Ahmadinejad said that the religions of "Christ and Moses" as well as Islam are "all brothers. They all want the same thing."

He defended Iranian women as among the most free in the world, and said they were involved in all walks of life in Iran.

Thousands of people jammed two blocks of 47th Street across from the United Nations Monday to protest Ahmadinejad's visit to New York. Organizers claimed a turnout of tens of thousands. Police did not immediately have a crowd estimate.

The speakers, most of them politicians and officials from Jewish organizations, proclaimed their support for Israel and criticized the Iranian leader for his remarks questioning the Holocaust.

"We're here today to send a message that there is never a reason to give a hatemonger an open stage," New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn said.

Protesters also assembled at Columbia. Dozens stood near the lecture hall where Ahmadinejad was scheduled to speak, linking arms and singing traditional Jewish folk songs about peace and brotherhood, while nearby a two-person band played "You Are My Sunshine."

Signs in the crowd displayed a range of messages, including one that read "We refuse to choose between Islamic fundamentalism and American imperialism."

Ahmadinejad said Monday in an interview with The Associated Press that Iran would not launch an attack on Israel or any other nation.

"Iran will not attack any country," Ahmadinejad told the AP. Iran has always maintained a defensive policy, not an offensive one, he said, and has "never sought to expand its territory."

Asked whether he believed the U.S. is preparing for war with Iran, he responded: "That is not how I see it ... I believe that some of the talk in this regard arises first of all from anger. Secondly, it serves the electoral purposes domestically in this country. Third, it serves as a cover for policy failures over Iraq."

In a 30-minute interview at a hotel near the United Nations, Ahmadinejad struck a soothing tone. He said Iranian foreign policy was based on humanitarian concerns and seeking justice.

He reiterated his call for a debate at the United Nations on world issues with President Bush.

Referring to fears of a military campaign against Iran, he said: "We don't think you can compensate for one mistake by committing more mistakes."

Ahmadinejad's scheduled address to the U.N. General Assembly on Tuesday was to be his third time attending the New York meeting in three years. The New York City police and the U.S. Secret Service are charged with providing a security detail and protecting the Iranian leader along with dozens of heads of state arriving for the assembly.

The Iranian mission has not disclosed Ahmadinejad's specific itinerary.

Edited by Ponce de Leon - 25-Sep-2007 at 15:03
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 15:54
First of all I think it was great that we could actually have dialogue with all kinds of world leaders (losers?). Even the one's that are supposed to be our enemies.
Ahmadinejad sure did appear to have flunked his history lessons. Aside from that he is a mouthpiece of his political organization. His answers were cookie cutter bland and predictable. Taken within that context this is nothing spectacular.

Now onto the hosts. What is with ex- president of UofM, Bollinger, now president of Columbia University? In order to strike up a few partiotic brownie points he loses all credibility in diplomatic neutrality. An aspect that would be expected of someone from higher education. He was too rude and made his guest (no matter how 'evil') react from the defensive. Two biggots sure did not make that into a mature dialogue.

And back to 'Ah my ma did the job'. That man has the diplomatic skills of a hermit in Hollywood. Way out of his element. Sorry Iran supporters. He needs a serious makeover, history lesson, and education in cool.  

Edited by Seko - 27-Sep-2007 at 16:13
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 15:55
On a more serious note. Maybe Iran is not the only instigator around them parts.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Dick Cheney had at one point considered asking Israel to launch limited missile strikes at an Iranian nuclear site to provoke a retaliation, Newsweek magazine reported on Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT
if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object(); window.yzq_d['IVFvItG_fzQ-']='&U=13bpipasd%2fN%3dIVFvItG_fzQ-%2fC%3d604660.11046656.11624971.1442997%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d4729734';

The news comes amid reports that Israel launched an air strike against Syria this month over a suspected nuclear site.

Citing two unidentified sources, Newsweek said former Cheney Middle East adviser David Wurmser told a small group several months ago that Cheney was considering asking Israel to strike the Iranian nuclear site at Natanz.

A military response by Iran could give Washington an excuse to then launch airstrikes of its own, Newsweek said.

Wurmser's wife, Meyrav Wurmser of the neoconservative Hudson Institute think tank, told Newsweek the claims were untrue.

Wurmser left Cheney's office last month, the magazine reported. The steady departure of neoconservative hawks from the administration has also helped tilt the balance against war, it said.

Washington has been pursuing diplomatic efforts to persuade Iran to alter its nuclear program. It has refused to take military options off the table, even U.S. resources are taxed by having 169,000 troops in Iraq.

Although some intelligence sources say Iran is years away from nuclear capability, Israel believes that military action may be necessary as early as 2008, Newsweek said.

Israel has declined to comment on the reported air strike, while Syria has denied receiving North Korean nuclear aid and said it could retaliate for the September 6 violation of its territory.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 16:28
And back to 'Ah my ma did the job'. That man has the diplomatic skills of a hermit in Hollywood. Way out of his element. Sorry Iran supporters. He needs a serious makeover, history lesson, and education in cool.

---

(3) The Media: Why does the Media fail to differentiate the words "Iran", "Iranians" from Ahmadinejad and the Islamic Republic? We are always clear that the terms "Nazi" and "German" are to be differentiated - ergo: very few Germans are nazis. However the media has conveyed the impression that "Iranian" automatically means "Islamic fanatic" and/or "terrorist". Iranians do not yet comprehend that the issue is not just the Islamic Republic or even the current president - but Iran itself. I recall as a child when my father was in the diplomatic corps in Germany in the 1970s, how much the European media clamored for "human rights violations" in Iran and how "Iran's growing military was a threat to the region".

- Dr Kaveh Farrokh.

Edited by Zagros - 25-Sep-2007 at 16:29
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 16:43
I stand corrected. Maybe 'Ahmadinejad supporters' would be more accurate. Anyways, is it your birthday or what?
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 17:12
Breaking News!!!!!!

Ahmadinejad is actually the former Beatle Ringo Starr!!!!

the original lyric of 'Octopus's Garden' by the Beatles

I like to see Israel under the sea
from the hanging garden in the shade
He'd let us in, knows where we've been blowing
in his hanging garden in the shade

We would be warm below the fallout storm
in our little hide away beneath the tidal waves
Rolling our heads on the sand bed
in the hanging garden near a cave bunker

We would sing and dance around
because we know we can't be found
I like to see Israel under the sea
from the hanging garden in the shade

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  I hope you people are laughing.  I am.
LOLNukeBig%20smileDeadTongueOuchEmbarrassedWackoClownCensoredPigHug
WackoDeadBig%20smileNuke

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 25-Sep-2007 at 17:18
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 18:19
Why does the Media fail to differentiate the words "Iran", "Iranians" from Ahmadinejad and the Islamic Republic? We are always clear that the terms "Nazi" and "German" are to be differentiated

Maybe because World War II is over?

Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 21:23
Well I never thought it possible but after reading about this Ahmadinejad business I can honestly say I hate this countries politicians even more than I already did.  What I would like to see is all of our politicians go to Iraq and do some of the fighting, with most of them never coming back.  It just shows how out of touch these people are with those they "claim" to represent.  What is this crap Bush is saying, he hopes Ahmadinejad doesn't lie to America!!!!!  Yes, because its not like Bush has ever done that before.Dead

The ironic thing is that back in 04' between the choices of Bush and Kerry, my vote would have been for Bush.  I have to say that I have leaned Republican all my life but I think that is coming to an end.  I don't like democrats either though, I suppose I will just become an independent.

All right tirade over.

What was suprising and unpleasant was how the Columbian president invited Ahmadinejad to speak and then insults him before he has said a word, in sports you would call that bush league.  (name is just a coincidence... or is it?)  I was glad to see Ahmadinejad visit the U.S. and there to be some sort of dialogue.  As long as this keeps up and we don't have complete polarization for or against Iran, or decide they are our enemies, then this is a positive thing.  Hopefully if he visits again it will be less controversial and go more smoothly.

I think my signature is rather appropriate in this instance.

Edited by Justinian - 25-Sep-2007 at 21:26
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 21:55
Originally posted by Justinian

I don't like democrats either though, I suppose I will just become an independent.

I dislike both parties as well. To them religion and personal beliefs are more important than the actual policies they want to implement. People should start popular movements in order to boycott these main parties in order to open up an avenue where more voices and opinions can be heard other than the same junk we hear over and over. For instance, they should include the other parties in the debates, or at the very least televise the debates of the other parties. That would be a good start.

I was going to abstain from voting Republican or Democrat, but there is a good chance my vote might go to Obama (we will see).

What was suprising and unpleasant was how the Columbian president invited Ahmadinejad to speak and then insults him before he has said a word, in sports you would call that bush league.

I was disappointed with that as well. If he is such a bad guy, just let him express his views and let people see how bad he is. And the president of the school basically admitted to personally inviting a cruel dictator to his school, which doesn't say much about him. And I still don't understand why Ahmadinejad is advertised as the leader of Iran. He simply holds the highest elected office in the country, and he is nowhere close to being the "leader".

All in all, even though I'm not a huge fan of Ahmadinejad to say the least, he is at least opening up dialogue. I highly doubt Bush would go visit a university in Iran and answer questions.

Edited by ArmenianSurvival - 25-Sep-2007 at 21:56
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 22:37

Opening dialogue counts for something in this case. Ahmadinejad, no matter how corrupt in his ideolog came to the US and put himself on the line. He extended an overture. I would highly doubt that Bush would break from regular American policy and react in equally decent measure. First our policies have the intimidation factor; an age old grudge factor and the tough cowboy factor. And we can throw in the O'Reilly Factor for good measure.

An example of keeping the same game face is here:

Obama get's crap for questiong the US-Cuban status quo.

"If you deviate slightly from what is the traditional hard-line approach to the Castro regime, they will publicly call you a communist on local radio and TV stations"...

For decades, U.S. presidential candidates from both parties have made pilgrimages to Miami to pledge their toughness toward Fidel Castro, hoping to score Cuban-American votes.

Of course, we can make a good showing at the U.N. any old day. We never miss a chance to strut our stuff. Factor that!

Cuba's Foreign Minister Walks Out Of Bush's Speech At UN

UNITED NATIONS (AP)--Cuba's foreign minister walked out of the U.N. General Assembly on Tuesday in protest of U.S. President George W. Bush's speech in which he said the "long rule of a cruel dictator is nearing its end" on the communist island.

The Cuban delegation later issued a statement saying the decision by Foreign Minister Felipe Perez Roque to leave the session was a "sign of profound rejection of the arrogant and mediocre statement by President Bush."

In his speech, Bush looked ahead to a Cuba no longer ruled by Fidel Castro, the ailing 81-year-old leader of the communist-run government.

"In Cuba, the long rule of a cruel dictator is nearing its end," Bush said. " The Cuban people are ready for their freedom. And as that nation enters a period of transition, the United Nations must insist on free speech, free assembly and, ultimately, free and competitive elections."

I could see the golden arches in Havana already right alongside of Walmart, down the street from a Holiday Inn.

Edited by Seko - 25-Sep-2007 at 22:45
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 22:41
Originally posted by Feanor

Why does the Media fail to differentiate the words "Iran", "Iranians" from Ahmadinejad and the Islamic Republic? We are always clear that the terms "Nazi" and "German" are to be differentiated

Maybe because World War II is over?

That makes no sense.

Seko, lol, no it's not my birthday, I just keep moving it around to avoid the current date.

Edited by Zagros - 25-Sep-2007 at 22:46
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2007 at 05:34

I suppose I will just become an independent.

Now if we could only have a third or fourth party with considerable support that would be grand.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2007 at 05:38
Originally posted by Seko

I could see the golden arches in Havana already

The key to world domination; employ highly addictive, harmful food products unto unsuspecting populations.

LOL

Yes he is rather outdated in historical thinking, but at least he put up dialog forward, and I think his antics, and his inaccurate statements are more a political ploy for better or worse than personal academic short comings.

vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2007 at 06:02
Ok the new incarnation of "Hitler", came and went from New York without killing any Jews but he did get a decent gift from a  few Anti-Zionist rabbies here.
Save for a few gaffes such as the issue of homosexuals in Iran (which is not relevant anyways) Ahmadinejad - in my opinion, scored major points with worldwide audiences and especially with those of the Middle East, by turning the tables on his unwelcome reception by the supposed academics such as Bollinger. He succinctly answered every question asked to him, from Iran's right to have a nuclear program to the Jewish Holocaust, by cleverly raising more questions to those who asked them.
If Iran's President really needs more education about other countries, America's Chief and planners need ten times as much on their own country's history.

Edited by vulkan02 - 26-Sep-2007 at 06:05
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2007 at 08:48
i agree ^^^  in regard to knowledge, even though the western media trying to prove the opposite but Ahmadinejad is not stupid,  Bush and many of his staff are the stupid ones.

and about the visit, with all these pro-Israeli and Anti-Iranian Protests and all the concerned questions about the tiny Jewish State's security  it seemed like  this university is not in New york but in Tel aviv. 

Edited by azimuth - 26-Sep-2007 at 08:49
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2007 at 15:39
That makes no sense.

That makes perfect sense. You are easily offended, Zagros. I didn't know this.

Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2007 at 16:00
Originally posted by azimuth

i agree ^^^  in regard to knowledge, even though the western media trying to prove the opposite but Ahmadinejad is not stupid,  Bush and many of his staff are the stupid ones. 

To me, in this aspect, there isn't a whole lot of a difference between the two of them.
They both are equally ignorant of the world outside their own.
One is a puppets of a radical religious regime, and the other is a puppet of the financial elite in the US.

They both are equally stupid and arrogant enough to think that educated people can't see through their lies and half truths. 

Edited by Northman - 26-Sep-2007 at 16:01
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2007 at 16:19
Originally posted by Feanor

That makes no sense.

That makes perfect sense. You are easily offended, Zagros. I didn't know this.

No I was just telling you that you made no sense - why? Tell me, how does the second world war being over make a slight difference as to whether the perpetrators of Nazi crimes are systematically referred to as Nazis or Germans? 

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2007 at 16:25
Originally posted by Northman

To me, in this aspect, there isn't a whole lot of a difference between the two of them.
One is a puppets of a radical religious regime, and the other is a puppet of the financial elite in the US.

They both are equally stupid and arrogant enough to think that educated people can't see through their lies and half truths. 

I have compared the two of these monkeys as different sides of the same coin since 2005, so I pretty much agree with what you're saying.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2007 at 17:24
Originally posted by Northman

What alarms me is, that one of these marionettes was elected in a democratic country, by democratic people. You have to guess now, whom i mean.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>