Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newsletter August

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newsletter August
    Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 19:35

Community Newsletter August 2007

Now that summer is almost over I have finally found a few minutes to publish a newsletter.

Staff News

We have a new addition to the Mod staff in the person of Sparten. Welcome aboard Sparten Glad to have you with us.

Community News

We have been recently graced with a new rolling billboard complements of Northman. On said billboard are 10 wise pieces of posting advice. Although our illustrious leader (AKA Seko) wrote them with tongue in cheek there is some real good advise underlying it all. I hope everyone takes a few minutes to read them.

This past month saw the running of Total Quiz under the hands of Poriot , Northman and Decabal with the addition of Knights .Although there where a few less participants this time around the competition was very strong. We have a new winner in the person of Justinian. Congratulations. The veteran player gcle2003 placed a close second. Well done everyone.

The forum has been growing steadily for the past few months and we now find ourselves with a membership of over 6500 people. Welcome to all new members!

It was announced August 23 that our founder got married. Congratulations to Cyrus Shahmiri and his new wife. May you have many happy years together. Whish the new couple all the best at Today is my wedding day!

Forum Spotlight

The Forum spotlight is new feature in the newsletter. The Idea is to intice folks to check out areas of the forum they dont usually go to. ( sorry Ulrich the tavern probably wont be featured for awhile- everyone finds it ) To kick of the new section I had a chat with Knights regarding the Natural History forum. Heres what he had to say-

The Natural History Forum is home to a myriad of discussions, centering around the history of the natural world. A major component of the Natural Forum focuses on the latest news and affairs in the natural world, where issues are raised in a variety of forms, such as articles and first hand investigations. Furthermore, regular polls regarding opinions on our natural history help attain good conversation about anything from dangerous snakes to the diversity of ecosystems. A broad range of natural sciences are covered too, including paleontology, biology, zoology and many more. The Natural History Forum has an amazing array of topics and conversation ranging throughout the whole area of the history of the Natural World. Though one of the newest major forums on All Empires, the Natural History Forum has recently broken the 100 topic mark, with over 1000 posts. While historians piece together our history, it is natural historians who provide the building blocks and assist in the understanding of our earth and everything within it. The interaction between humans and the environment is a major shaping factor in the development of our world, and has a major influence on history itself, as well as on the present day. Some of the best topics within the Natural History Forum: History of Animals Most dangerous snake to humans Cats - Large and Small The Age Old question: Lion vs Tiger

Drop by and take a look.

Post of the Month

I received a nomination for post/poster of the month via PM .Herschel receives the post of the month award for this post in The http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3678&PN=5 in the

"Byzantine Empire expands overseas" thread. Nice job Herschel.

AE Magazine

The editors of AE magazine have just released a new issue take a look at it . Another Great job guys and gals.

Around the Forum

As always there are a number interesting discussions going on around the forum. Here are my picks

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21239

Not really a discussion but gives links to great illustrations done by our member JP Vieira.

Chupacabra - A Real Creature?

Drinks in the History of the Americas

And for the Picture of the Month

Edited by Dawn - 24-Aug-2007 at 19:40
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2007 at 01:09
Thanks for the update Dawn! It's great to be posted each month about the happenings of the forum, keep up the good work. One thing, I can't see the "Picture of the Month".

- Knights -
 Post Reply Post Reply