Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sari Gelin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sari Gelin
    Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 16:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJN7xxkbIk0

I just found the best interpretation of "Sari Gelin", a folk song known by most in Armenia and Azerbaijan. 

It is divided into three parts. Starts out in Azeri, is continued by Armenian and ends with Persian. The translations for the Armenian/Azeri part can be found in the text. Can anyone translate the Persian part?

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 17:16
Very nice mamikon.

Here's a different version from Yazuv Bingol -

though I happen to like Kara tren too (second song in the mix):

Edited by Seko - 20-Aug-2007 at 17:24
Caoimhe View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Caoimhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 17:45
I have never heard music from that region before(unless System of A down countSmile) but that was amazing really beautiful. 
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 09:12
Originally posted by mamikon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJN7xxkbIk0

I just found the best interpretation of "Sari Gelin", a folk song known by most in Armenia and Azerbaijan. 

It is divided into three parts. Starts out in Azeri, is continued by Armenian and ends with Persian. The translations for the Armenian/Azeri part can be found in the text. Can anyone translate the Persian part?

do you have the armenian lyrics translated in english?

i just want to know whats that song is about in Armenian, as far as i know in Turkish is it about a blonde girl.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 12:06
I translated it in the comments section of the video
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 20:43
Benim bildigim bir Ermeni kiza asik olan bir Trk gencidir. Kizin nenesi istemedigi iin, bu sarki ikistir. Araplarin ne isi var Erzurumda?? Ermeni bana daha mantikli geliyor, unku Erzurumda ok Ermeni yasiyordu.

what does this mean? I got it from one of the links you posted Seko

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DBFzqONzAA&mode=related&search"

you can PM it if its offensive

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 20:50
Benim bildigim bir Ermeni kiza asik olan bir Trk gencidir. Kizin nenesi istemedigi iin, bu sarki ikistir. Araplarin ne isi var Erzurumda?? Ermeni bana daha mantikli geliyor, unku Erzurumda ok Ermeni yasiyordu.

Something to the extent of:

The Armenian girl I know was the love object of a Turkish youth. The girl's grandmother didn't like that and that's how this song came about. What are Arabs doing in Erzurum (nothing special)? An Armenian makes more sense to me because their used to be alot of Armenians living in Erzurum.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 20:51
oh, they were debating on the origins of the song too LOL

thanks for the translation btw

I am planning to take Turkish this year, so I can translate stuff Wink

Edited by mamikon - 21-Aug-2007 at 20:52
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 20:56
Kind of stuff one would get out of a folk love song! Smile
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2007 at 00:12
So great, at least one more step towards peace!
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
 Post Reply Post Reply