Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is Heaven?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is Heaven?
    Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 13:55
How do different religions describe heaven?

- What is heaven?
- What happens in heaven?
- Is it eternal?

Most religions in the world have a concept of "paradise/heaven", it would be interesting to discover their outlook regarding the matter.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Kamikaze 738 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Kamikaze 738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 19:11
I describe heaven as a place where all good resides without a presence of evil. The opposite is hell (of course Tongue). What happens in heaven is up to you as you can do whatever you wish (most be according to good). And I do believe heaven is eternal as with hell.
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 19:35
Well in Heaven, if it were truly heaven, there would be beer, liquor, women, feasting, boasting, singing, fighting...

...err wait, I'm thinking of Valhalla.

In heaven you sit around listening to harps and choir music all day, or so I've been told.

Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
Surmount View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Surmount Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 20:08
everlasting bliss
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 21:34
If you look at and compare to other places in the universe,  this planet must be be heaven. We just haven't realized it yet.

All we need is to start acting accordingly, listen to soft music and stop fighting. What a bliss!

Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 21:46
Northman, do you want us all to listen to elevator music?!

Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 21:48
It's a kind of hot a firey place, with lots of reddish guys poking people with forks. But at least it ain't got any bloody Mormans in it.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 01:06

What is heaven?

This: Warning NSFW

It's a kind of hot a firey place, with lots of reddish guys poking people with forks. But at least it ain't got any bloody Mormans in it.

uh.....no Paul that's hell....but the lack of Mormon's would make it seem like heaven. LOL

As to what Mormons can expect in the afterlife here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy0d1HbItOo

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
kasper View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote kasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 01:15
Wow, that is one weird video. According to the cartoon, if I become a god in the afterlife, I can have "endless celestial sex with my many wives". Maybe Mormonism isn't so bad after all...
Kamikaze 738 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Kamikaze 738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 04:06
That was a weird story... Mormonism sounds more like a sci-fi thing than a religion to me Tongue
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 10:08
Originally posted by Paul

Guess someone is a South Park fan?? Its funny though because I'm pretty sure if someone else had of said that the 'CoC' would have come into effect...
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 18:02
Originally posted by JanusRook

What is heaven?

This: Warning NSFW

uh.....no Paul that's hell....but the lack of Mormon's would make it seem like heaven. LOL

As to what Mormons can expect in the afterlife here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy0d1HbItOo

Wow! Doesn't this kind of remind you of Scientology a bit?

Edited by Paul - 21-Aug-2007 at 18:02

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 18:03
Originally posted by Parnell

Guess someone is a South Park fan?? Its funny though because I'm pretty sure if someone else had of said that the 'CoC' would have come into effect...

Just what the forum needs. Another CoCshover.

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 18:16
Heaven is where people can eat good food, have sex with beautiful women and be happy. How could one do these things without material existence, like organs, hormones or enzymes, is beyond me.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 18:28
Pauls behaviour is not in violation of the CoC. Parnell you have a chip on your shoulder regarding Paul and I suggest you get over it.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 19:37
Originally posted by Adalwolf

Well in Heaven, if it were truly heaven, there would be beer, liquor, women, feasting, boasting, singing, fighting...

In heaven you sit around listening to harps and choir music all day, or so I've been told.

Isn't that the muslim version of heaven minus the fighting, and boasting maybe?
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 21:21

Originally posted by Parnell

Just what the forum needs. Another CoCshover.

Understanding Paulisms takes some time. He means no offence. Comical analogies perhaps. That is one difference we take into consideration when evaluating violations.

However, you Parnell seem to have a problem with him. The proper channels are by PM.

Edited by Seko - 21-Aug-2007 at 21:21
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 21:43
As a sometime beneficiary of the "intended humor merits leniency" clause implicit in the Code of Conduct, I hope no plans are made to alter said implicit clause anytime soon. LOL

-Akolouthos

Edited by Akolouthos - 21-Aug-2007 at 21:44
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2007 at 20:36

Now that sounds like Heaven! Where do I sign up?!?!LOL
Not the harping part, unless you get to break harps over heads in Valhalla?
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2007 at 21:29
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

Now that sounds like Heaven! Where do I sign up?!?!LOL
Not the harping part, unless you get to break harps over heads in Valhalla?

Is Valhalla not Van Hallen LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>