Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

for the boys...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: for the boys...
    Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 04:58

some of you might have seen this before...this guy's pretty talented i'd say.

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 14:37
are these pictures about chinese warring state battles?
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
Murph View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 15:41
is that guy in the first picture riding a cow???
pytheas View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote pytheas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 17:22
moo moo buckaroo

Truth is a variant based upon perception. Ignorance is derived from a lack of insight into others' perspectives.
sinosword View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sinosword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 19:26

Originally posted by Murph

is that guy in the first picture riding a cow???

No. The cows are used to rush enemy. They truss tinder on the cows' tail and light it. To let these cows run forward crazily.  

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 19:33
he is about to cut it down.

3 bladed ge and ji.
sinosword View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sinosword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 19:37
You also could find sword tied on the cow's horn.
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 19:39
ahh definately, didnt notice.

got more baby?
El_Bandito View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote El_Bandito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 21:51
The first pic is probably about the cunning Qi general's counterattack against Yan in the warring states era.  The Yan kingdom had taken all but one of the holdings of Qi kingdom, and it was suppose to be just a matter of time the Qi was to be annihilated.  A Qi general then used this flaming cow tactic, along with few thousand shock troops assaulted the surrounding enemy encampment thus routing the Yan and saving the Qi. 
I'm awake, I'm awake.
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 22:53

Yan

i am sorry but i dunno what u mean by yan.

can u write it in chinese or tell me where it's located and what time it happened for me to get some idea of which kingdom u actually mean by yan. i am sorry my mandarin is bad.

���DZj�~�� ��������
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 23:15
Dude..those are tight...

Edited by Gubukjanggoon
sinosword View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sinosword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 23:17
Originally posted by coolstorm

Yan

i am sorry but i dunno what u mean by yan.

can u write it in chinese or tell me where it's located and what time it happened for me to get some idea of which kingdom u actually mean by yan. i am sorry my mandarin is bad.

I think he said

Knight
Knight

Quote El_Bandito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2005 at 03:46
The kanji for Yan was also the name of that quick bird who set nests on house roofs and has a slit wing.  Yan kingdom was during the warring states so it was during the warring states(zhan guo) era of China.  It existed between time of the Zhou kingdom's split until the domination of the Qing over the rest.  Around 475BC--221 BC.

Edited by El_Bandito
I'm awake, I'm awake.
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2005 at 06:26
   coolstorm, he meant Yin Gok...
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2005 at 15:30

thanks, i am more comfortable with cantonese ping ying.

besides, El_Bandito, u seem to know quite a lot about chinese history. do people in mongolia study chinese history?

���DZj�~�� ��������
Knight
Knight

Quote El_Bandito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2005 at 20:11
I am sure some people study Chinese history in Mongolia.  After all, a neighbour with so much historical interactions cannot possibly be ignored. 

As for me, I read a book trilogy called "Above and Below 5000 Years".  The trilogy pretty much summed up all important events of China from Yao and Shun, until the Opium War.  The trilogy was in Mandarin Chinese, but luckily I learned Mandarin when I was little.  Too bad I can't speak Cantonese though.
I'm awake, I'm awake.
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2005 at 20:31

Chinese is all the same in writing. The different dialects are just differeny ways of pronoucing the words. However, if we want, we can write in the way we speak in Cantonese and people from Mailand China and Taiwan will find it very weird and hard to understand. This is unfortunately what many magazines in Hong Kong are doing. That's why many students in Hong Kong are bad at Chinese as well as English. Many of them are just bad at language in general.

���DZj�~�� ��������
 Post Reply Post Reply