Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AE Magazine - Issue 16 - Aug/Sept 2007

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AE Magazine - Issue 16 - Aug/Sept 2007
    Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 13:16

Edited by Paul - 19-Aug-2007 at 13:24
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 13:55
To Paul:
Magnificent. Good work to have gotten it finally out.

To everyone:
We are sorry for the delay. We experienced 'technical difficulties'.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 16:14
well worth the wait.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 16:21
Super stuff! I can't wait to have a good read Smile
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 20:38
Nice work, plenty of interesting topics covered.
Hugoestr View Drop Down
  Quote Hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 23:18
great graphic work, Paul!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 02:26
Great job to all who participated, lots of great articles, in particular the Meso-American piece, the piece on collaborator research that would be a good idea for AE, and the article on Victoria.

Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2007 at 16:17
A horde of Rider's articles yet again. I'm happy with that.
Great work to everyone who actually wrote the featured works, and the design team. Top work! Cool
My favourite article that I've read so far (apart from the Platypus one Wink) would probably have to be Rider's "Only loss of a swordmaster".
Once again congratulations to all.

- Knights -
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2007 at 17:24
Another great Magazine. For some reason I really like the article by Hugoestr on the collaborative efforts to writing history articles. Good pointers have been mentioned. From checking for potential bias, good spelling and proper references these bits of advice are a big plus.
ccsraj View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Spammer

Quote ccsraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2007 at 10:01
Hi i am new to this forum.I am history student and loves history.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2007 at 13:50
Okay. This isn't the introduction topic... but welcome!
South View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote South Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2007 at 06:06

Some good points were raised in Hugo Estrada's article.

My one and only negative comment:  Mr Estrada performed professional-quality work and reported here on his work product, the above article.  The article's title should NOT read "=AMATEUR= Historian:...".

For too long, a quasi-cartel has defined and restricted entry into the history profession.

I,too, once held myself out as an amateur historian.  After dealing the the "professional historians", I realized a large component were just propagandists and sinecures.  The examples are numerous.

Let's call Hugo Estrada a bona fide professional historian.  Stateside, the word "professional" is frequently omitted as a matter of style.  He's not an amateur.

...Time to read up post-Diaz.....

Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2007 at 06:14
First one i've read. And bloody brilliant! Well done Paul and whoever else worked (obviously hard) on it!
 Post Reply Post Reply