Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Earth is... flat?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Earth is... flat?
    Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 18:53
As stupid as it may sound, there are still people who believe that Earth's flat...Dead

Join us.
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 19:29

One dreads to think dear boy... Why can't people just grow up?

Kamikaze 738 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Kamikaze 738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2007 at 05:40
Originally posted by The Flat Earth Society

Once again, picture in your mind a round world. Now imagine that there are two people on this world, one at each pole. For the person at the top of the world, (the North Pole), gravity is pulling him down, towards the South Pole. But for the person at the South Pole, shouldn't gravity pull him down as well? What keeps our person at the South Pole from falling completely off the face of the "globe"?

... do they even know what the core is? Ermm
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2007 at 05:54
There are so many problems with this society and its theory, that I won't mention one, as I couldn't resist including more. It is completed flawed. And Kamikaze, they probably have heard of the "core" phenomenon, but reject its existence. 
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2007 at 06:57
A hoax.

Using whatever means are deemed necessary and relying heavily on a callous disregard for the lives and well-being of our members, we have slowly but steadily been spreading the news.

what sort of a serious society would emblazen that across their mission statement, even if true?
TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2007 at 23:14
A very honest one?
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2007 at 23:30
Actually, the land is flat... locally. it is just a way of see things :)

Kamikaze 738 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Kamikaze 738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 00:35
Originally posted by Knights

And Kamikaze, they probably have heard of the "core" phenomenon, but reject its existence. 

I wonder how they dismiss such a thing... maybe they think since no one has seen it means theres no such thing Pinch

Edited by Kamikaze 738 - 19-Aug-2007 at 00:36
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 21:27
Ha, I found that website a few months ago, and had a good laugh. And you know what? It still makes me laugh!
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 22:58
Originally posted by Adalwolf

Ha, I found that website a few months ago, and had a good laugh. And you know what? It still makes me laugh!

Hell, they even brough ether into their explaination!LOL

Join us.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2007 at 11:12
My guess is a hoax as well..Probably an ironic pastiche of conservative modern thinking..

Either that or they are seriously deluded
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2007 at 13:02

A globe ,we use on Iceland. The earth isn't flat?

Btw: The earth is flat, and anyone who disputes this claim is an atheist who deserves to be punished. (From an edict issued in 1993 by Sheik Abdel-Aziz Ibn Baaz, Supreme Religious Authority, Saudi Arabia)

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 31-Aug-2007 at 13:04

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2007 at 14:25
So bothersome yet so true. Good thing that religious ignorance holds no water with anyone with half a brain. That Sheik lives in a box. His backward mentality is reflected in that statement.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2007 at 02:51
Has no-one heard of sarcasm?
TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2007 at 13:47
Heard of it, no. Listened to it, used it, enjoyed it, happily endorsed it, yes.
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Post Reply Post Reply