Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your favorite modern gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your favorite modern gun
    Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 07:00
Originally posted by Dolphin

How do you guys know the names of all these guns, I've heard of a magnum, a colt, an ak47, and a Kalashnicov, but I dont even know what they look like..And aren't some of these guns purpose made for killing people on the streets, like the mp5, saying as its not a hunting weapon, and isn't standard issue on the battlefield, and generally isn't used as a home self-defence weapon..So how can such a weapon be justified as a 'favourite'? Maybe i'm just from a different culture or something...Ermm

This is more like 'boys and their toys', where normally the more powerful and fancy the better, just like cars. Most of these guns are straight out military, some are more spec opps and others are quite 'grey' area or law enforcement. All are wishful thinking for many of us non military or non USA members.

pretty much every gun the three Aussies members have put up in this thread are so illegal in this country we would most probably never see one of these things in the real, let alone fire one.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 07:09
Very true...

And in reference to the images - it says the page is fully loaded, but no pictures...Unhappy Did you upload them or get them off the net?
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 09:07

Leonidas has pretty much summed it all up for you Dolphin and they are alot like cars, you can see a car on tv or in a magazine or read/hear reviews about them and say "Hey that is a nice car, I like it alot" and yet never actually owned that car or driven one.

And those pictures don't show up for me either Leo...

Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 09:28
Ok I get it now I think...Ermm

I'll stick with the cars..Smile

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 10:15

I'm back. Bloody net picturesAngry, they are linked not uploaded

Balaam, Knight its 12 but i will edit in links to the photo's in that post tomorrow.

Edited by Leonidas - 16-Aug-2007 at 10:15
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 13:09
I hate guns that kill people and that fall into the hands of drug dealers and pims, or that are used to kill the mother in law :)

I preffer more practical guns that control the furious criminals.

Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 03:38
Tasers are good pinguin except when they are abused by lazy cops who would rather taser someone than get there nicely ironed shirt crinkled by having to restrain someone themselves.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 03:55

Ok I get it now I think...Ermm

I'll stick with the cars..Smile

Why not go for a car with gunsLOL

Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 05:34
This is surreal. Jesus, its like comparing favourite knives, or 'how to kill a man in three moves' book.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 09:20
Pictures are showing for me now Leonidas and I must say that is quite a nice looking gun that MP 9 is.

Edited by Balaam - 17-Aug-2007 at 22:57
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 09:44
Originally posted by Balaam

Pictures are showing for me now Leonidas and I must say that is quite a nice looking gun that MP 9 is.
great! i'll load up instead of hot link in the future
Timbo View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Timbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 11:41

My favorite is the M-14 rifle . Was used in Vietnam and still being used in Iraq ( and perhaps Afganistan ). Relatively heavy , durable and accuate . A fine .308 rifle with a 20 round magazine .

Carried the rifle when I was a youngun' .

Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2007 at 15:27

How do you guys know the names of all these guns, I've heard of a magnum, a colt, an ak47, and a Kalashnicov, but I dont even know what they look like..And aren't some of these guns purpose made for killing people on the streets, like the mp5, saying as its not a hunting weapon, and isn't standard issue on the battlefield, and generally isn't used as a home self-defence weapon..So how can such a weapon be justified as a 'favourite'? Maybe i'm just from a different culture or something...Ermm

Well dear Dolphin, to be honest I have rose up with all these stuff specially AK-47 and Makarov and even have one of each back home (Afghanistan) and you just can't say that these are illigal over here as everyone has the right to protect himself, so in order to survive and protect yourself, you will have to have one otherwise you are an alien... lol

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2007 at 15:37
And you must have gone on a hunt in all your time here.
YohjiArmstrong View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote YohjiArmstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2007 at 20:29
I don't like guns. If I had to say one it would be the Lee-Enfield because of its craftsmanship. They aren't modern but the guns at the Wallace Collection London are beautiful pieces of art.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 02:02
Sometimes, guys, sometimes i asked myself, who are my fellow men and what is on their minds.

Born and grew up in a country, where the possesion of guns is strictly controled, i'm getting nervous of kids, even in the internet, talking about their favourite guns.

But knowing from my experience, that most of them will sh*t a brick, if it's getting serious and i'm glad about that.

Folks, favourite gun ?
At my opinion it's necessary that you all should use your favourite brain,first, if there's one.

Are you fascinated of the hideous wounds this weapons will cause, or is it the feeling of the power ?

Timbo View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Timbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 14:55

Of course I am very fond of the M-1 Garand was well . Haven't fired one in years but it was an accurate rascal .
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 13:11
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

Sometimes, guys, sometimes i asked myself, who are my fellow men and what is on their minds.

Born and grew up in a country, where the possesion of guns is strictly controled, i'm getting nervous of kids, even in the internet, talking about their favourite guns.

But knowing from my experience, that most of them will sh*t a brick, if it's getting serious and i'm glad about that.

Folks, favourite gun ?
At my opinion it's necessary that you all should use your favourite brain,first, if there's one.

Are you fascinated of the hideous wounds this weapons will cause, or is it the feeling of the power ?

You are absulotly right, I mean we do say that I like this and that but we really don't know that how bad it could be once fired...

That reminds me of a quotation of Albius Tibullus, where he says;
"Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made!"

YohjiArmstrong View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote YohjiArmstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2007 at 16:07
Definately a difference between wanting a gun and using it in anger. I doubt I know what I'd do if I had to fire it in anger until I was there.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 01:16
Staplers. It's durability, cost, availability, weight even puts AK models to shame. What's more, it's the only assault gun that can fit into your pockets.

Join us.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>