Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your favorite modern gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
SuN. View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SuN. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your favorite modern gun
    Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 05:36
I have never held a gun in my life. Did'nt even get the chance to touch one. I will buy some gun someday when I have enough useless money. 
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 06:34
Originally posted by pekau

Staplers. It's durability, cost, availability, weight even puts AK models to shame. What's more, it's the only assault gun that can fit into your pockets.

Well the AK's still have the 200+ meter range to do a killing blow compared to a staplers 2mmBig%20smile
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2007 at 01:55
Originally posted by Balaam

Originally posted by pekau

Staplers. It's durability, cost, availability, weight even puts AK models to shame. What's more, it's the only assault gun that can fit into your pockets.

Well the AK's still have the 200+ meter range to do a killing blow compared to a staplers 2mmBig%20smile

You clearly haven't seen my staplers...Wink

Join us.
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2012 at 00:12
Magnum 357, long barrel
http://digitaljournal.com/img/4/1/6/0/1/5/i/3/9/3/o/Ruger_1.jpg
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2012 at 01:12
tis a fine piece.... if ya keep it in good repair and clean...Winkdraw backs on revolvers is not necessarily their basic load capability tho that's a consideration in why they been fazed out in modern armies....but their initial sites and firing pin replacements over heavy usage...usually around 4-6 months.

the usual historic excuse was small rate of fire and range to an lesser extent. But that then gets into the development and arguments of usage intent and efficient marksmanship training to incur first round injury/fatality hit or 'knockdown' capability.

But pound fer pound when it comes to pistols....the legendary M1911A1 semi-automatic led the way for 75 years..even given the aforementioned caveats. I can almost say that every production model similar in design, of whatever caliber, is due to and because of it's durability and simplistic maintenance and outstanding knockdown. Accuracy, in usage, hence effect will always remain a matter of repetitive practice...period.

On the other note... any decent pump/automatic 12 gauge shot gun is the superior weapon of home defense.

When shooting for sport hunting, where accuracy is a premier consideration, then the preferred route is the M1903 Springfield and or variants and the son of the same.... the M14 series. Because even without a scope; they have a solid sight system, ease of maintenance and extremely low jam rate coupled to an entirely adequate round capacity.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

ds_baker View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ds_baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2012 at 11:53
The Winchester 1897 Trench Gun aka The Mk1917 12 ga. with its 18" Bayonet.  Along with the M1911.45 ACP Semi-Automatic. Both weapons have reliability and durability down in spades. What they lack in magazine capacity is completely made up for by the tea cup and dinner plate sized holes they can inflict on a body. (Besides IMHO-If you need more than seven rounds to hit your target, you need to go back to the range and spend some time practicing.) It is not the number of bullets you throw at a target that counts.-It is hitting the target in the first place. 

I just realized, I basically parroted most of what CV posted above. :-)
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
-Marcus Aurelius
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2012 at 12:00

Modern guns are hard to get in the UK, but the Webley .38 looks cool
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
ds_baker View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ds_baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2012 at 12:13
Modern guns are hard to get in the UK, but the Webley .38 looks cool

Well it helped build and keep an Empire going. But they made it in a .45 caliber too.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
-Marcus Aurelius
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2012 at 19:10
That's right Dave: the .455 Enfield (above the Webley pictured)
ds_baker View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ds_baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2012 at 20:19
My Grandfather fought in WWI. He married late, late in life and lived to be a ripe old age of 94. One of his souvenirs was a Webley or maybe it was an Enfield chambered in the .455 Cal. He also brought back the most amazing collection of decorative brass shell casings from a French 75 mm howitzer battery. How he came to these items is beyond me. He did however say, "This pistol makes for one helluva head basher if you run out of bullets!" & "Konked many a Hun on the head with this little item!" 
-Marcus Aurelius
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2012 at 12:42
Shoot a Kraut with a .455 and he won't be getting up again as the ammo was designed to bring down charging tribesmen like the Zulus and Dervishes. Have you still got that pistol Dave?
ds_baker View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ds_baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2012 at 13:58
Originally posted by Nick1986

Shoot a Kraut with a .455 and he won't be getting up again as the ammo was designed to bring down charging tribesmen like the Zulus and Dervishes. Have you still got that pistol Dave?

Nick sadly I don't have it. It is in the possession of my Uncle.
-Marcus Aurelius
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2012 at 16:00
Mine is the iconic, universal and world renown AK-47.  20 million (+) satisfied users cannot be wrong. 

People may criticize the AK-47's accuracy. Sure, it cannot drive tacks, but in most infantry situations, the targets are with in the AKs range. In addition, most people do not have the ability to exceed the AK's inherent mechanical accuracy when they are under combat stress. 

Edited by Cryptic - 26-Jun-2012 at 16:18
ds_baker View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ds_baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2012 at 03:19
Honestly I am a big fan of American arms. That being said, I really like the Russian not the Chinese version of the SKS, especially those that have been modified to accept the AK-47 magazine. I don't know if it is a longer barrel with more lands or what, but I found the SKS to be a smoother action and much more accurate.
-Marcus Aurelius
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2012 at 21:07
Originally posted by ds_baker

Honestly I am a big fan of American arms.

My favorite U.S. weapon is the Thompson sub machine gun.  It would have been used alot more in WWII had it not been so expensive to produce.  Unlike Sten and "grease guns", Thompsons could not be mass produced (stamped parts etc) by unskilled workers. Instead, they required precision lathe work and milling by experienced machinists.

As for SKS's, I would not doubt that Soviet ones have over all better build quality.  THough I have never fired an AK-47, I have read that Rumanian produced ones are so poorly manufactured that  the Yugoslavs prefered WWII surplus to Rumanian AK-47s.  

Edited by Cryptic - 28-Jun-2012 at 21:12
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2012 at 12:54
Tis an excellent and highly durable piece...easy maint and good rof. Shot many of them to include Russian, Chinese and Czech. Not worth a shit after 300m but an excellent piece.

Back to work.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 29-Jun-2012 at 12:55
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2012 at 19:06

Striker
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2012 at 20:12

Uzi machine pistol
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2012 at 19:18

Say hello to my leetle friend!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123