Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

African presence in America: Pre-columbus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Surmount View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Surmount Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: African presence in America: Pre-columbus
    Posted: 18-Aug-2007 at 01:43
What people have to understand is that practically all the history we know of today has been taught written and recorded, and then rewritten by the Eurocentist. That is why so many people are brainwashed. The people who rule most of the world will control the history most people learn.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2007 at 01:47
Originally posted by Surmount

What!Shocked

Are you serious!

your offended just by the fact that Africans were there.

It offend me you say is a FACT. It isn't!!!

You are simply pushing an RACIST ideology that's robbing heritages.

And you keep going and going on like a parrot, as if truth can be proven with the number of words instead of fact.

West Africans didn't have ships at the time of the Olmecs. How they got there... swimming LOLLOLLOL

You are not going to convince me with crap, fellow. Sorry.
You better go back to Egyptsearch and other afroloonies places.

In here we discuss history, not if Santa Clauss live in the North Pole.

Pinguin

Edited by pinguin - 18-Aug-2007 at 01:48
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2007 at 01:49

What people have to understand is that practically all the history we know of today has been taught written and recorded, and then rewritten by the Eurocentist. That is why so many people are brainwashed. The people who rule most of the world will control the history most people learn.

You are not better than Eurocentrists.

You are an Afrocentric Racist that is trying to robb the heritage of the people of the Yucatan, Belize and Guatemala.

Pinguin

Surmount View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Surmount Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2007 at 01:55
What are you talking about?

Even many Hispanics and Caucasians believe that Africans were in America before Columbus. It has nothing to do with Afrocentrism.

No one is robbing heritage its just people have proved they were there.
Surmount View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Surmount Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2007 at 02:32
Pinguin please calm down. Studies have just shown that they were there. Just there not that they were all African. Your making this bigger than what it is. Just because some Caucasions and other ethnicities believe that Africans were in amereica before columbus doesn't mean that they are dumb.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2007 at 02:37
Nope. You don't have studies and anything. Stop telling false claims.

Your beliefs means anything. Other branches of dumbs believe Tiahuanaco was built by green martians from flying saucers, that Jesus Christ walked in the pre-Contact Americas surrounded by the lost tribe of Israel, that Phoenicians were in here as well, or Chineses, or East Indians, or Japaneses. You name it.

All false claims!!

Otherwise show your evidence. And read the paper above!!!!
I won't continue to argue dumb things with a fanatic ...

Pinguin

jdalton View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote jdalton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2007 at 04:14

Penguin i see what your trying to say with one statue, but nobody is saying that they were originally African or all African. The article is just saying Africans were there. Which some ancients scripts even say.

What ancient scripts? Show me.
Lords of Death and Life (a Mesoamerican webcomic)
Surmount View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Surmount Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2007 at 04:25
you have to realize there is substantial evidence that proves The African presence in many civilizations evidence found by many races not just blacks. A lot of the evidence outweighs the dominant Eurocentric perspective, but it's just we all are trained and taught since a young age in school a narrow minded view of history. There are so many caucasian professors that teach African studies in college, and they teach and believe in the African presence in different civilizations. It's not an issue for them.
jdalton View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote jdalton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2007 at 04:50
I think I said I'm not a historian. Thus I'm not trained and taught a narrow minded view of history. I'm always open to new ideas about history, as long as there's evidence and they make sense. The article Pinguin posted has proven that Olmec heads are pictures of Olmecs. Guessing the race of a person shown in a piece of art is too subjective to hold any water anyways without some other evidence. What other evidence do you have? Show me! I want to see these ancient scripts.

Edited by jdalton - 18-Aug-2007 at 04:53
Surmount View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Surmount Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2007 at 05:05
Columbus recorded that when he reached Haiti the resident population informed him that Black men from the south and southeast had preceded him to the island.  In 1513, Balboa found a colony of Black men on his arrival in Darien, Panama.  All of these facts, buttressed by skeletons and sculptures, make it clear that African people had a profound presence and influence in pre-Columbian America.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2007 at 11:39
Ponce de Leon reported the Fountain of Youth in florida. Llamas were described as sheeps. Amerindians were described as Europeans. Magellian described the existence of giants in Patagonia LOLLOL

By the way, I have the log of Columbus at home.

You keep falling in the same falacy of comparing pictures and annecdotical quotations. That's the method of the charlatan, not of science.

Read the article!!!!

Don't avoid it. It is writting by some of the few people that wasted theirs times

Pinguin

Edited by pinguin - 18-Aug-2007 at 11:41
jdalton View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote jdalton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 05:15
I have to agree on Pinguin on that one. Columbus returned to the Caribbean three times and either never admitted or never realized he wasn't in India. Meanwhile other Europeans had been there and back and were already marking it on their maps as a new continent. No doubt Columbus claimed to find black people (a.k.a. Southern Indians) and cannibals (as in Arab legends about the far east  Indies) just to support his claims.

I was hoping you had some Mesoamerican sources.
The_Jackal_God View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote The_Jackal_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 22:48

no, no, no van sertima knows the truth, and the thousands of others who studied the matter for hundreds of years were too racist to admit the truth, and we are the ones being brainwashed...

what's that saying, the kettle calling the pot black?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 00:37

Penguin i see what your trying to say with one statue, but nobody is saying that they were originally African or all African. The article is just saying Africans were there. Which some ancients scripts even say.

Yes, and there is a Rasta flag next to the lunar lander that has been placed there before Neil Armstrong was ever born.

There is no real proof that any populations made it to the Americans prior to the Vikings, and then the Europeans, and others.

There were Africans with a high degree of culture, and sophistication that came to Africa, and presered their culture for centuries. Oludah Equiando for example in his narrative displays an extreme amount of culture, and pride in his ancestry, he had a home, had a civilization he belonged to before being forcibly transplanted.

Focus on such presence of Africans in America that is real history, and also fascinating history that does not get much mention.

I find his account very interesting, and it is not the only one.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 00:39

What!Shocked

Are you serious!

your offended just by the fact that Africans were there.

Why are you making such a big deal about Africans being in the Americas before Columbus.

Its not that big of a deal.

Even some hispanics and caucasians believe that there were africans in that region. It has nothing the do with Afrocentrism.

He is not offended that Africans were there if they would have been there. He is offended that you have no real proof for your outlandish claims.

That would be the same as assuming that some of the great Sub-Saharan civilizations were facilitated by Vikings, or insert any other seafaring Europeans, or perhaps the Chinese.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 10:09
Yes!

What offend me is pseudo-history.

It is very hard for me to convince people about the originality of Amerindian achievenments when there are so many dozens of hyperdiffusionist fantasies going around, that have no support at all

I want people to understand how remarkable was what happened in the Americas where the hunter gatherers evolved into sophisticated societies by theirs own. Comparing that with the parallel achievements in Eurasia is a lot more interesting to understand the evolution of human societies in global scale, rather than obsolete fantasies for kids.

Pinguin
andrew View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 17:51
So let me guess, after the Africans created ships that far surpassed Zheng He's fleet, Nordic ships, and Carthaginian ships Africans built superior ships and built the civilizations of the Mayans, Aztecs, and Incas. Then they decided to spread into China and create the first dynasty then created the Mongol dynasty and then set up the Kievan Rus. Thanks Surmount.
Surmount View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Surmount Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 23:56
Many of the Olmecs were Africans from the Mandinka region of West Africa. They used the Mende script to write and they spoke the Mende language, the same language spokenby Cinque in the move Amistad.

The Mende script found on monuments at Monte Alban in Mexico, has been deciphered and it was found to be identical to the Mende script used in West Africa. Afterwards, the language was found to be the very same language spoken by the Mende of West Africa.
Sander View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator

Quote Sander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2007 at 03:05

Many of the Olmecs were Africans from the Mandinka region of West Africa. They used the Mende script to write and they spoke the Mende language, the same language spokenby Cinque in the move Amistad.

The Mende script found on monuments at Monte Alban in Mexico, has been deciphered and it was found to be identical to the Mende script used in West Africa. Afterwards, the language was found to be the very same language spoken by the Mende of West Africa.

There is no evidence that these scripts are very old. Most scholars place them in the 1800 -1900 s ,while the Olmec inscriptions are attested to be from  the first  millenium BC . 

Big gap.

Edited by Sander - 22-Aug-2007 at 03:23
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2007 at 15:23
Originally posted by Sander

There is no evidence that these scripts are very old. Most scholars place them in the 1800 -1900 s ,while the Olmec inscriptions are attested to be from  the first  millenium BC . 

Big gap.

Indeed. Mande scrip was invented in the 20th century. No West African alphabet existed before colonization because the region lacked writing.

Please Van Sertima and Clyde Winters are not reliable sources at all.

Now, if the African alphabets were invented in the 20th century, how it managed to influenced the Olmecs of the 1sth Milennium BC? A time machine? LOL

Mende syllabary Mende%20%28ki-ka-ku

The Mende syllabary was invented in 1921 by Kisimi Kamara (ca. 1890-1962) of Sierra Leone. Seeing how the British managed to take over his country, Kisimi concluded that their power was partly a result of their literacy. He decided to give his own people that ability. Kisimi claimed he was inspired in a dream to create the Mende syllabary, which he called Ki-ka-ku. During the 1920s and 1930s he run a school in Potoru to teach Ki-ka-ku. The syllabary became a popular method of keeping records and writing letters.

During the 1940s the British set up the Protectorate Literacy Bureau in Bo with the aim of teaching the Mende people to read and write with a version of the Latin alphabet. As a result, usage of Kisimi's syllabary gradually diminished and it was eventually forgotten.

Mende is a Niger-Congo language spoken by about 1.26 million people in Liberia and Sierra Leone.

Notable features

• Consists of 195 symbols.
  • Some syllables here several versions.
  • Written from right to left in horizontal lines.

Mende syllabary

Mende%20syllabary
Mende%20syllabary
Mende%20syllabary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>