Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your favorite football player

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your favorite football player
    Posted: 25-Jan-2010 at 15:06
Damn! No one mentioned Pele'! Are you all too young?

As for real football, maybe I would nominate "Sweetness!" If you don't know who he was then you really deserve soccer!

And, the main difference in American Football and Footbol/bul, is that the real man on man fights start in the stands in Soccer, and on the field in Football! Laugh!

Edited by opuslola - 25-Jan-2010 at 15:08
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
New Corduene View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote New Corduene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2010 at 14:26
Leo Messi all the way.
Tiger of Kai View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Tiger of Kai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2010 at 22:56
Big Thierry Henry fan!
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2010 at 18:57
Right now the team of my city Lech Poznan is first in group A in European Leage, over Manchester City - probably the richest club in the world at the moment and Juventus.

My favourite players are:

Rudnevs who scored 3 goals in the game vs Juventus

And Mozdzen, for his goal in the game versus Manchester City which ended with victory 3:1

"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2010 at 19:02
Originally posted by opuslola

And, the main difference in American Football and Footbol/bul, is that the real man on man fights start in the stands in Soccer, and on the field in Football! Laugh!

Yeah, all those fools in body armour, thats the joke not real men. Real men play soccer and often suffer very dangerous injuries, not like beefcakes protected by armour in this what you call american football...
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Knight
Knight

Quote Tiger of Kai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2010 at 10:51
Originally posted by Mosquito

Yeah, all those fools in body armour, thats the joke not real men. Real men play soccer and often suffer very dangerous injuries, not like beefcakes protected by armour in this what you call american football...

You really think there's a greater chance of suffering a serious injury playing soccer as opposed to American football??? There's a reason they have to wear all that protection...
Aeem View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Aeem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2011 at 10:16
I think to the best  actually player is Messi, but i love Nasri. His two goals against Fulham are very wonderful, his absence against the Brazil tonight it's very pity.

In the history several players were very incredible same Pele, Maradonna, Cruyff or Zidane. It's impossible to make a choice.

Edited by Aeem - 09-Feb-2011 at 11:28
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2011 at 13:25

Mosquito my friend, whenever you trash the US as well as American manhood, I strongly suggest you at least know something about the subject.  Soccer being nothing more than a bunch of little boys running around in funny looking shorts.
That's as intelligent as your response to Opus.  Particularly when he was refferring to the fans, not the players.  Or was that your intent? Can't bring up the subject of Soccer Hooligans now can we?

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Prodigal View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Prodigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2011 at 13:41
I like soccer, I like Football, I like Rugby
I have played all 3

Of the three American Football is the hardest to play.

I don't think Americans like soccer, becuase all and all it is slow paced, doesn't play well on TV (great in person, much like Hockey) and often one team can be completley dominant and lose. Also the calls by the stripes are very subjective.

As for Soccer--Wayne Rooney becuase he plays like a man. physical and aggresive, most players in the EU play like dancers afraid to mix it up. Thats why I  prefer the Brits in soccer they play like men. It seems in the German league they play too fine and try to be pretty this is esp true in the Spanish teams.

As for Real Football--Past "Samurai" Mike Singletary and Gary "Hitman" Fencik

today Brain Urlacher

Edited by Prodigal - 10-Feb-2011 at 13:55
Prodigal View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Prodigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2011 at 13:52
Originally posted by red clay

Mosquito my friend, whenever you trash the US as well as American manhood, I strongly suggest you at least know something about the subject.  Soccer being nothing more than a bunch of little boys running around in funny looking shorts.
That's as intelligent as your response to Opus.  Particularly when he was refferring to the fans, not the players.  Or was that your intent? Can't bring up the subject of Soccer Hooligans now can we?

Trashing AMerican manhood ?!? OK you are from Poland, a fine country but not exactly a powerhouse in anything now or ever. But a fince country and home to one of the greatest men of the 20th century Blessed Pope John PaulII. But not really a hotbead of athletic prowess.

The painfull truth is this, if America actually cared about Soccer, and our best or even average athletes played the game (Football, Basketball, Hockey and Baseball as well as Track and even wrestling gets better athletes) really Soccer get our 3rd tier jocks. Even with that we did well in the world cup (better than Poland). Imagine if Soccer got our best, I really doubt any country could compete with the US.

In HS this is the rank of sports as by kids playing them:
1. Baseball
2. Football
3. Basketball
4. Wrestling
5. Track and F
6. Soccer
7. cross country

In womens sport Soccer does get our best and the US women are one the best teams in the world.
mynoon View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote mynoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2011 at 20:11
I think the most talented player ever is George Best. The best club players ever are Ryan Giggs and paolo maldini, because of how long they played, who they played for and what they have won. Pele, Zidane, Ronaldo are the best ever international players. But my top 5 of the best overall player would be 1 Zidane, 2 Maradona, 3 Cruyff, Charlton, Best. I must say I like the thread.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2011 at 08:32
Well, the thread title says Favorite Football Player.  Okay, so that would be-

Charles "Chuck" Phillip Bednarik, AKA- Concrete Charlie, AKA- the Last Gladiator.

Chuck Bednarik was the last man in the NFL to play on both Offense and defense.  Or as they call him in Phila. The last 60 min. man.  He played both Linebacker and center.

This is the classic photo of Bednarik standing on Franklin Field, in the NFL title game 1960.  He was waiting for the defense to come on.

This is the photo that most remember him by, esp. by Giants fans. Big smile The Giants had a clear shot at the Championship [before the Super Bowl] until they ran into the Eagles and old "Charlie the Clutch".  The unconcious player laying prone is Frank Gifford, Giants running back.  He was out of football for a year following this tackle.  Which was ruled legal and clean.

You want to talk real men?

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
mynoon View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote mynoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2011 at 09:31
Did this guy with 5 different names play middle or outside linebacker. Was he the player who snaped the ball when he played at centre.

Why do you North American's always have to go against the rest of the world. when your talking other north American's then you can call American football, football. But when your talking to people from other parts of the world just call it American football. But insted you force your crap game on the world every year with the super bowl. Give me barca vs real any day
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2011 at 09:45
Originally posted by mynoon

Did this guy with 5 different names play middle or outside linebacker. Was he the player who snaped the ball when he played at centre.

Why do you North American's always have to go against the rest of the world. when your talking other north American's then you can call American football, football. But when your talking to people from other parts of the world just call it American football. But insted you force your crap game on the world every year with the super bowl. Give me barca vs real any day

I didn't say anything in a derogatory or disrespectful manner.  Why are you?  You want me to answer you after that? 
Unknown.
Knight
Knight

Quote Tiger of Kai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2011 at 12:55
If we're talking American football, my favorite player is Jerry "Jesus In Cleats" Rice.
mynoon View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote mynoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2011 at 13:22
Rice is overrated he just played for ages and with 1 of te best QBs ever

Edited by mynoon - 13-Feb-2011 at 13:23
Knight
Knight

Quote Tiger of Kai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2011 at 19:20
That statement's as flawed as your spelling. (Even after editing!Wink)

Rice already had all the receiving records halfway through his career. He also held almost every single season record. Not sure what career longevity would have to do with that. Not to mention the fact that he played at such a high level for so long (his last year being his only down year) points to his greatness. There really isn't any other player that is UNANIMOUSLY considered to be the greatest at his position.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123