Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Women in Iran-Hisotrical investigation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ikbenwieikben View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ikbenwieikben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Women in Iran-Hisotrical investigation
    Posted: 10-Aug-2007 at 02:41
Hey there, in my modern history class we had to do a historical investigation and i need help

I decided to do "Discuss the position of women in iran after the islamic revolution"

I need some ideas on how i should do this historical investigation, what should i include in this discussion?

The ideas that i thinking of including in my historical investigation are these.

*the situation with women in iran after the revolution is often contradictory in nature

*comparing situation of iranian women before and after the revolution in terms of education,employment

*comparing women's situation in iran with saudi arabia

*discussing whether iranian women situation is changing for the better after khatami got elected

what do you people think? are they good ideas to include in my investigation or do you have something better to suggest? if you do please tell!

i also have the following books

The Last Great Revolution-Robin Wright
http://www.amazon.com/Last-Great-Revolutio...9106654-4215921

Modern Iran Roots and Results of Revolution by Nikki Keddie
http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Iran-Roots-Re...84477125&sr=8-1

thanks

Edited by ikbenwieikben - 10-Aug-2007 at 02:43
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2007 at 15:40
Hello, ikbenwieikben, and welcome to the women's history forum. You seem to have a very detailed list of issues and research material to start your project with. I wish you luck on your project and hope you can enlighten us with some of your knowledge about Iranian women's rights issues.
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
 Post Reply Post Reply