Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nationalistic indians?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
betaab View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote betaab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nationalistic indians?
    Posted: 09-Aug-2007 at 13:04
I have seen some nationalistic indians on this forum and other forums posting absurbs claims on history. They claim stuff like that afghanistan, iran etc.. was part of bharat and stuff like Kaaba is a hindu temple or that Taj Mahal is a hindu temple, these are just some of the claims. My question is why do these people try to spread false history amoung themselves and thier fellow countrymen. This kind of stuff has no factual basis at all and it is very dangrous thing that has and can result in violence, especailly among the muslim, hindu population in india.

I was talking to my hindu friends who are well educated but yet still believe in this kind of stuff because from day 1 they have been thought stuff like this.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2007 at 13:41
Betaab, they have a right to be nationalistic Indians as much as I have the right to be a nationalistic Pakistani. As long as the forum rules are obeyed and discussion remains civil and this goes for all, you can discuss the thing and present your otherwise theories to your hearts content. Way to counter them is true the pen of truth, not the mods axe.
betaab View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote betaab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2007 at 14:25
well to tell u the true, it doesn't really matter what we discuss in the forums as it wont effect anything. But i am actually talking about organizations that spread this kind of false history. In places like Gujarat in india there are these kinds of organizations and these kind of things result in violence.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2007 at 15:31
Well if a member is posting hate material then its a different matter, then point it out to the mods in a PM.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2007 at 16:21

I think betaab is questioning Indian nationalism as a phenomenon for intellectual discussion.

anum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote anum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2008 at 20:54
true i have met some also who claim really absurd things. I met a indian guy on a plane and we were talking about history and all of a sudden he said that ancient egypt was hindu before and all these monuments were built by hindus
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2008 at 09:57
The world is full of people with nonsensical ideas. Nonsense isn't necessarily harmful: the problems only start when people begin discriminating and persecuting on the basis of those nonsensical ideas.

While it is to me obviously and wildly untrue, the idea that ancient Egyptians were Hindus doesn't seem any more harmful than the idea that the world was created in 4004 BC or that the earth is flat or that Communism will lead to utopia.

Post Reply Post Reply