Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Japan or China

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Who will be the dominating power in Asia by the end of 21st century.
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
31 [73.81%]
11 [26.19%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Japan or China
    Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 15:45

LOL, so the next superpower in Asia are in fact German companies, that's what i've always said.

Welcome to slavery...

Bosnjo View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Bosnjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 21:07
Not Only in Asia, hole Europe belongs to Germans.
I am heavely armed, entirely sick and extremly nationalistic.
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 21:35

and why's that?

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 23:20
Originally posted by coolstorm

and why's that?

Because they are the superior race.  Deustchland!
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2005 at 00:39

how come you've come up with so much nonsense today?

every race in east asia thinks it's superior to others.

���DZj�~�� ��������
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2005 at 00:56

I'm not quite sure..just feeling a bit silly...

BTW who's your avatar?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2005 at 07:27

Germany has moved to East Asia?
I didn't notice that.
I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2005 at 14:05

coolstorm

China making cars for mercedes, bmw, audi, vw, gm, toyota, honda, etc. is not entrepreneurship.

Shanghai Auto is Chinese entreprenuership, but how many people here have heard of such a company?

how many Chinese brands/companies can people here name?

[URL=http://imageshack.us]
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2005 at 15:40

loool, OT but what show is that pic in your sig from, I/eye?

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2005 at 16:15

how many Chinese brands/companies can people here name?

as long as they are owned or partly owned by Chinese companies, why not?

who can name any canadian brands here?

you don't always have to start an entirely new brand. you can always acquire well-established brands.

to name a few: ibm's thinkpad, 50 percent of honda (china's operation), 50 percent audi (china's operation), 1/3 of profit generated from china, haier etc...

the hong kong wealthiest businessman lee kai sing's flagship company, hutchison whampoa, also the largest holder of vodaphone, was once a british multi-national firm. it was acquired by his another flagship company, cheungkong, during the 80's.

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
El_Bandito View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote El_Bandito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2005 at 20:30
I pick Japan, since the yakuza will rule all.
I'm awake, I'm awake.
warlord View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote warlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 03:48

By the end of the century, there won't be any nation states. All the world will be one nation, speaking a modified version of present-day English.

Culturally, they will be a mix of west and east. Atheism, Buddhism, Hinduism and ancient Roman-Greek religions will dominate.

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 11:11

By the end of the century, there won't be any nation states. All the world will be one nation, speaking a modified version of present-day English.

Culturally, they will be a mix of west and east. Atheism, Buddhism, Hinduism and ancient Roman-Greek religions will dominate.

that won't happen that soon.

���DZj�~�� ��������
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 11:12

I pick Japan, since the yakuza will rule all.

what is yakuza?

���DZj�~�� ��������
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 11:36

Hmmm,it's quite difficult.From the one side we have the enormous yellow giant full armed with nuclear weapons and with a fast expanding technology.From the other side we have the Asian robot whose hi-tech is also fast expanding but more quickly than China's and moreover is far more ahead,with a size big enough for his height....So i pick Japan. 

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 13:45

what is yakuza?

Japanese name for their Triades (mafia).

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 17:20

Hmmm,it's quite difficult.From the one side we have the enormous yellow giant full armed with nuclear weapons and with a fast expanding technology.From the other side we have the Asian robot whose hi-tech is also fast expanding but more quickly than China's and moreover is far more ahead,with a size big enough for his height....So i pick Japan. 

not exactly accurate. it all depends on which field you are talking about. overall, china's technological development is way faster than japan's but japan does make the most commercial robots in the world.

how about we put it this way, chinese space techonlogy is far ahead of japan and is expanding way faster with it being one of the three countries that can put men in space by itself. its ability of launching rockets is also more advanced than japan with a much higher rate of success.

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
sinosword View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sinosword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 17:46
Originally posted by warlord

Before Japan frankly apologize to China for its crime, it will never happen.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 22:19
Originally posted by warlord

oh my dream! my absolute fantasy! no nations, just money, no more of the present crappy world dominating religions....What a glorious day that will be, unfortunately people are too stupid to make it happen this way, so I would suggest tempering your faith in humanities progress.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2005 at 19:20

you mean entrepreneurship?

this is 2005. if you've been to the us at all, you might realize some very best and high technological products come from china. don't you know in the us, consumers are starting to prefer chinese tvs and electronics to japanese because of their more competitive price and same and sometimes even superior quality?

china is going to be the number one auto manufacturer in 2010. i am talking manufacturers for mercedes, bmw, audi, vw, gm, toyota, honda. not low-end bad quality cars.

Yeah, I meant Entrepreneurship.  And you forgot to mention the Loyalty that accompanies the manufacturing surplus.  Like 30%+ of all profit goes back to the inventor- according to copyright laws.  But in most cases, the manufacturing country gets to put their trademarks (the made in~ the infamous "made in China" is not an exception).   Although China will become the number 1 manufacturer of most commerical products, bear in mind that it will cause pollutio n problems, social unrest(eventually the workers would protest against their government even if the cost = death), and all other problems.  Also, they would always receive the malnourished title of being always "a step behind", and also, "producer of cheap prodcuts".

Just remember what happened to Samsung- 20 years before, they were known to manufacture cheap microwave ovens- now we know them for their stylish cell phones- competing it's brand with Sony and Nokia over recent days.  It's brand is not as "cheap" as it once was.  Being one step further has some good benefits.

not exactly accurate. it all depends on which field you are talking about. overall, china's technological development is way faster than japan's but japan does make the most commercial robots in the world.

There's a difference: China's always one step behind.  Meaning, they have to resort on their students on MIT for their innovations- while Japan can withstand innovations by their own. 

The only innovative invention of China in 21 century, and the only one I can think of now, is the soy bean cloth.

In the other hand, for Japan, we have stuffs ranging from the Okazaki fragments all the way to ASIMOV 

how about we put it this way, chinese space techonlogy is far ahead of japan and is expanding way faster with it being one of the three countries that can put men in space by itself. its ability of launching rockets is also more advanced than japan with a much higher rate of success.

Well, sorry to tell you, but bear in mind that other nations already pioneered the steps for China, like United States and Solviet Union.  They were the ones who pioneered the hydrogen fuel, spaceship atmospheric conditions, and the formulas for the spaceship.  It were the Chinese who learned it from collages like MIT, not the ones who actually pioneered the area.  Anyway, what's the point of repeating what others have archieved?  Anyone with enough money can do it.

And besides, Japan is automatically involved in a Global Space project.  And they didn't buy their way through- their skills did.

On the other hand, look at Japan.  ASIMOV- the first robot who can walk foward and back, recognize faces, and create gestures.  No other nations made the path for them- they enterprenoured the path.  Also, they are one of those frew nations who are investing high on non-fossil fuel cars, and trust me, they will become far more advaned than China when they complete the car.  And it will be china who makes all the work, receive the harms(like pollution), and lose arond 30% for loyalty costs.  Another way how steping one step further actually benefits.

Japanese name for their Triades (mafia).

If you play GTA III, you'll have an idea who the Yakuzas are

Grrr..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>