Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Web resources?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kevin View Drop Down
General
General
AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Web resources?
    Posted: 04-Aug-2007 at 12:24
Does anybody have any information on web resources that are dedicated to explaining the eventual decline of US power?
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2007 at 12:41
Web resources by nature are suspect.  They are even more so when dealing with such a topic as this.  What makes you so sure that there will be an "eventual decline" in the power of the United States?

If you are interested in a historical approach to the topic, I would suggest looking at scholarly books and journal materials over web resources.

Kevin View Drop Down
General
General
AE Editor

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2007 at 13:45
Originally posted by Byzantine Emperor

Web resources by nature are suspect.  They are even more so when dealing with such a topic as this.  What makes you so sure that there will be an "eventual decline" in the power of the United States?

If you are interested in a historical approach to the topic, I would suggest looking at scholarly books and journal materials over web resources.

I'm not sure I'm just using history and the direction the United States is going in now to predict a possible decline in US power and hegemony. Also I'm using books,However I'm interested in seeing stuff like this on the web and of course stuff on the web has to be taken with a grain of salt.        
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2007 at 13:52
Originally posted by Kevin

I'm not sure I'm just using history and the direction the United States is going in now to predict a possible decline in US power and hegemony. Also I'm using books,However I'm interested in seeing stuff like this on the web and of course stuff on the web has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Are you writing a paper for a class on this subject?  The advice I can give, both as a student and teaching assistant, is that teachers/professors groan at the sight of web pages in bibliographies.  I am not saying that you would do this, but so often students misuse and abuse web resources because they do not know how/are too lazy to consult scholarly literature at the library. 

It puts you a notch (if not many notches) above everyone else if you can read and analyze the scholarly literature contained in books and journal articles for a paper.  If you must use web resources, use only those found in the databases of legitimate universities or institutions.

Edited by Byzantine Emperor - 04-Aug-2007 at 13:53
Kevin View Drop Down
General
General
AE Editor

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2007 at 13:57
Originally posted by Byzantine Emperor

Originally posted by Kevin

Are you writing a paper for a class on this subject?  The advice I can give, both as a student and teaching assistant, is that teachers/professors groan at the sight of web pages in bibliographies.  I am not saying that you would do this, but so often students misuse and abuse web resources because they do not know how/are too lazy to consult scholarly literature at the library. 

It puts you a notch (if not many notches) above everyone else if you can read and analyze the scholarly literature contained in books and journal articles for a paper.  If you must use web resources, use only those found in the databases of legitimate universities or institutions.
I'm just doing this for fun,However I understand where you are coming from. With the web resources thing I'm just trying to make my sources deverse so I won't make my paper biased and arrogant or echo one source or another.  
 Post Reply Post Reply