Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time for anarchy ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
nuvolari View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote nuvolari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time for anarchy ?
    Posted: 24-Jul-2007 at 07:01
  Given that the eminent Chinese Prof. Kang Xiaoguang has stated of his fellow Chinese that :-

"They are just hundreds and millions of peasants and workers, they don't count- you can rob them and exploit them. It's not a problem."

and that the view of western governments towards their citizens seems to echo his sentiments, should we not consider that the time is rife for revolution or anarchy ?
Nuvolari
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2007 at 07:08
Yes, Nuvolari, yes it is.

I'd go into more detail, but whatever.Thumbs%20Up
nuvolari View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote nuvolari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2007 at 10:11
Originally posted by Dolphin

Yes, Nuvolari, yes it is.

I'd go into more detail, but whatever.Thumbs%20Up

You see, not all of my posts are about sniffing barmaid's aprons- ( as much as I would like them to be ! )
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2007 at 10:28
The net losses from government exploitation and the upper class are preferable to the net losses we would suffer from the total absence of any form of order, law, leadership or one of the many other benefits which comes from having a system of government.
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2007 at 10:29
Also, there is no good reason for this to be in the linguistics sub forum, moving it to intellectual.
nuvolari View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote nuvolari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2007 at 10:40
Originally posted by Constantine XI

Also, there is no good reason for this to be in the linguistics sub forum, moving it to intellectual.

I quite agree, but being new to this Forum, mistakenly thought that was where I was anyway !
nuvolari View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote nuvolari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2007 at 10:43

The net losses from government exploitation and the upper class are preferable to the net losses we would suffer from the total absence of any form of order, law, leadership or one of the many other benefits which comes from having a system of government.
There is rarely ever any gain without pain, and wouldn't a good bit of civil disorder permit us to start again in a better manner, albeit at the cost of temporary mayhem ?
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2007 at 10:56
Do you support the violent overthrowal of all present government and start with a clean slate so to speak or the violent overthrowal of all government... Without any changes?
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2007 at 11:00
Originally posted by nuvolari

There is rarely ever any gain without pain, and wouldn't a good bit of civil disorder permit us to start again in a better manner, albeit at the cost of temporary mayhem ?

No, because what you are suggesting will result in civil disorders, warfare, destructions of infrastructure etc which will result in the deaths of perhaps billions and the regression/retardation of civilisation by hundreds of years. And in the end it will be replaced by military feudalism which will be worse than what current government offer.
nuvolari View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote nuvolari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2007 at 11:33
Originally posted by Parnell

Do you support the violent overthrowal of all present government and start with a clean slate so to speak or the violent overthrowal of all government... Without any changes?

The present government of the United Kingdom is so corrupt and self serving that it should be purged in blood - their blood, not mine !
As to what follows, it ill becomes me to suggest that, since smarter people than I have looked for alternatives.  But, a clean slate is desperately needed before the people become so moribund that they cease to care !
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2007 at 21:15
Funny how you dropped the concern in your initial post and swung over to a more rebellious stance closer to home. 
nuvolari View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote nuvolari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2007 at 10:57
Originally posted by Seko

Funny how you dropped the concern in your initial post and swung over to a more rebellious stance closer to home. 

I don't think that I have "dropped my original post"- ( far from it ! ).

As for my more rebellious stance closer to home- it matters not a tinker's cuss to me if the citizens of other countries are quite satisfied to remain oppressed and exploited.
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2007 at 04:12
Funny that, I feel neither repressed or exploited.
nuvolari View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote nuvolari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2007 at 06:50

Funny that, I feel neither repressed or exploited.

Probably because you are too pissed to tell the difference !  Mind you, I may be wrong - when I was in Dublin last Autumn, I was the only person drinking Guinness and everybody else in the pub was drinking tonic or water or OJ.
Admittedly there were one or two hardened drinkers standing outside in the pouring rain with the water lapping over their boots ( those of them that could afford shoes, that is ), but even they were spending more time keeping their fags dry than getting booze down their necks ! When I went and asked the barmaid as to why so little good, honest alcohol was being consumed, she told me that most people worked for American firms nowadays and their bosses smell their breaths upon their return to work. Bejasus, it's a sad state of bloody affairs when a Irishman is put off his drink by nothing more than the threat of being fired !
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2007 at 07:02
I know its a disgrace, not being able to have a few whiskeys at lunchtime. Its a scandal.
nuvolari View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote nuvolari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2007 at 09:31

I know its a disgrace, not being able to have a few whiskeys at lunchtime. Its a scandal.

Tell me about it ! But I don't suffer hardship gladly, if at all !
When on those rare occassions I still attend a Board Meeting, I make sure that the Senior Partner's secretary stocks the board room liquor cabinet with booze a'plenty !  We'll start with an 80 year od Macallan as a sharpener ( although latterly I have found that a fine cuvee Champagne suits my temperament a smidge better ),and then crack open a few bottles of a very fine claret.  We'll have a bite of lunch ( cold pheasant goes very well with a good claret ), cold truffles on hot toast does very well next, and I might finish on some lightly boiled plovers egg chopped up in mayonnaise ( I recomend a nicely chilled white Burgundy, or even a Pouilly Fumee, with that ).  If I wish for a dessert, I am always very fond of raspberries freshly picked no longer than 12-14 hours beforehand. I always find that a good Hungarian Tokay makes a cracking good dessert wine.Some people might have a glass of Cointreau lightly drizzled over their raspberries, but I say, What the Hell ! and drown the buggers in Benedictine (such decadence ! ).  A fine Montecristo and a Napoleon brandy( at least 40 years old ! ) will do to end the proceedings nicely, although if I can find a suitable secretary who is up for it, I always like to close the days business with a good shag in the Director's flat upstairs.
 Ideally, if I remember to sign a few letters and vote on the board meeting, I can then claim my director's board meeting expenses of 500 smackers per diem.
I tell you, all this hard work will be the death of me !
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2007 at 14:29
Originally posted by nuvolari

Given that the eminent Chinese Prof. Kang Xiaoguang has stated of his fellow Chinese that :-

"They are just hundreds and millions of peasants and workers, they don't count- you can rob them and exploit them. It's not a problem."

and that the view of western governments towards their citizens seems to echo his sentiments, should we not consider that the time is rife for revolution or anarchy ?
Nuvolari

Totally agree! Thumbs%20Up The dysgenic administrative, social and business super-structures that we have build today help keep the ever more corrupt and wealthy people in high positions.  These systems must be destroyed and burned to the ground but the end result of it and what the revolutionaries wish to achieve must be carefully planned and coordinated in advance, or else it will breed something worse that what we already have.

Honestly though, it has reached such a point that to watch it crumble(from a safe distance) is just a matter of time rather than doubting its occurrence. Burn baby burn!
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Ulrich Wolff View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Ulrich Wolff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2007 at 15:15
THEY WON'T LET US DRINK ON THE JOB?!?! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!!!! ANARCHY!!!!

I think you need to take this up with your boss, not the government. But, I'm pretty sure hes gonna say "I want sober, and  productive people working for me."

Anyway. What country are you speaking of? The UK? China?

If its china, revolution is needed.
UK? Not quite there yet.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2007 at 16:22

Actually, the way it developed it doesn't seem to have much to do with social sciences, either.

Interesting though nuvolari's gastronomic tastes may be.

Praetor View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Praetor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2007 at 05:52
Anarchy would not result in a better state in the long term, only huge amounts of blood letting in the short term as without the rule of law, force rules and as such anarchy can not last but will be replaced by Warlords (as force rules and eventually someone would be powerful enough to act as a government) who will establish "order" by force.

Regards, Praetor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>