Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AFC Asian Cup 2007??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Online Status: Offline
  Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AFC Asian Cup 2007??
    Posted: 24-Jul-2007 at 09:53
Originally posted by sirius99

Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

Originally posted by Zagros

Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

South-Korea will make it, they have the best fans...

Unfortunately for SK, having the best fans doesn't really count for much, but even if it did, Iran would still win.

Zagros, a great football-expert !!!

Let's hear from our Icelandic Expert!Smile

What do you predict ? Whose team gonna win the cup?

SK does have the best fans but they did not bring A team to this tourney.  Ji Sung Park(ManU), Young Pyo Lee(Tottenham), Ki Hyeon Seol(Reading) are not on this roster.  SK usually sees Asian Cup as a test for their lesser known younger K-League players.  If this was the WC qualifier, they would be in top two since they made last six WCs.  However they would appreciate the expert enthusiasm from Ulrich!Clap
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2007 at 11:55

japan will face korea in the final, where south-korea will win the championship.

I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2007 at 14:57
Originally posted by The Hidden Face

I wonder what would happen If Turkey joined this organization instead of European one. I think Turkey would easily win this cup. What do you think?

If Turkish national team and its clubs joined Asia, its quality will drop over the next few years Tongue

Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

SK does have the best fans but they did not bring A team to this tourney.  Ji Sung Park(ManU), Young Pyo Lee(Tottenham), Ki Hyeon Seol(Reading) are not on this roster. 

don't forget Kim Nam Il the captain.

but SK's performance in this Asian Cup has been awful even if you took all that into account

Edited by I/eye - 24-Jul-2007 at 15:00
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2007 at 13:39
Iraq an Saudi Arabia go to final Big%20smile.
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2007 at 08:37
 Great accomplishment for Iraqi national team,if you compare between what they got and what they giving,you will see an impressive thing.
no training inside Iraq,no stadiums, no league, the are not seeing their families and their  nation wracked by sectarian violence.
but the happiness is a dream in my country,two suicide car attacks the people during their celebration.
killed 50, wounded 120, peace be upon them and may God be with their families and the quick recovering for the wounding.
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Frederick Roger View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2007 at 09:54
Clap

Congratulations to Iraq, they really deserve it, and will be rooting for them in the Final (as always, I had been supporting Japan)...
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2007 at 18:53
yup Go Iraq kick the Saudis' Ass!Wink You deserve better. Iraq is a good team, I always like the way they play, something similar to Iranian style. We know who play football and who use tricks and politic in west asia. Iraqi football players always play great, even under sadam pressure they played awsome. I have heard stories about how bathi Regime tortuned their players after every game lost.

@ Ahmad: I hope happiness come to your country after winning the cup.

Edited by Suren - 26-Jul-2007 at 18:55
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2007 at 09:52
Congrats for Iraqi team!Clap
I remember they had great showing in 2004 Olympics, too.  It is just a football tournament but when a team like that gives an war torn nation something to celebrate and be proud of, it becomes more than a sports achievement.  Too bad so many people got killed and injured in celebration but that reflects more on the general condition of an war torn nation than the tendency of people who were celebrating.  Can you imagine if Liverpool fans were armed with Aks and celebrating?  More people died of car bombs targeted to them than stray bullets anyway.

Though S.Korea didn't bring their best players, I hope they realize that not every Dutch coach is Guus Hiddink.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2007 at 11:09
Go Iraq! kick some butt

i didn't even mind when they beat us Aussies, seriously i didn't!Big%20smile
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2007 at 15:31
Thanks fellows for your supporting.
you are right Suren the torture used against the players after any lost.

Khalid Bin Walid
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2007 at 15:27
 Extraordinary achievement, Iraqi national team did it even though all difficulties.
masses celebrated in streets and shouted( we secure hestoric triumph) and (bring the ace).
no accedints thank God.
Khalid Bin Walid
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2007 at 17:09
Best in Asia--Iraq!!

I believe it will make a lot of Iraqis feel iraqi again, rather than a sunni, shiite, kurd or turk. That can only be a good thing.

Really happy for you Ahmed.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2007 at 19:28
IRAQ!!
Smile

Iraqs%20captain%20Younis%20Mahmoud%20%28left%29%20celebrates%20with%20team-mates%20after%20scoring%20a%20goal%20against%20Saudi%20Arabia%20during%20the%20final%20match%20of%20the%20Asian%20Football%20Cup%202007%20

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2007 at 10:41
Congrats again for Iraqis!

I just saw a few articles about Verbeek resigning as SK coach and SK is talking to Iraqi coach Viera for the job.  I'm thinking someone from Hyundai group saw my comment about not every Dutch Coach being Guus Hiddink.  Many SK palyers are sad to see Verbeek go because he's been a big part of developing SK football since the days of Hiddink's assistant.  He was also Advocat's assistant.  As much as he should be credited with being a part of Hiddink's success, he also should be credited for being a part of Advocat's failure.
Until SK can develop a strong center forward their strength is teamwork and work rate of their midfield, and Hiddink played to that strength.  Advocat and Verbeek tried more traditional 4-4-2 and all that did was weakened midfield and more opportunistic long crosses.  That might be fine for a Scottish club like Rangers, but not for short, speedy, hard workers like Park Ji Sung, Seol Ki Hyeon, Ahn Jung Hwan, Yuong Pyo Lee, Chun Soo Lee, etc.  Of course, I would love to see Hiddink again on that job but that's not gonna happen.  Other than Hiddink , I would like to see an Argentinian coach like Jose Peckerman.  I've always admired short passing midfield game of Argentinians and that is how the speed and organization of SK football can shine.  SK's best footballers are in EPL, and many Koreans are getting used to watching English style football.  I just don't think Sk football is suited for that style.

I've heard Viera is a Brasilian.  As many of you realize already, I'm a big supporter of Brasilian football, but it is hard to play in Brasilian style without Brasilian skills, Zico proved that with Japan.  But it will a great learning experience for Koreans if Viera gets the job.       

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 01-Aug-2007 at 10:44
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2007 at 16:08
Congratulations to Iraq. What a suprise Clap
omshanti View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote omshanti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2007 at 22:01
Congratulations to Iraq! This is such a big achievement, greater then Brasil Germany or Italy winning the World cup. I am so happy for them.
Balain d Ibelin View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Balain d Ibelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2007 at 05:15
Congrats IRAQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEY PLAYER TO SUCCESS: Younis Khalef Mahmoud, Nassat Akram, Hawar Mulla Mohammed, Noor Sabri

And also one key to success: COACH- JORVAN VIEIRA!!

Anyway, Good For IRAQI People, (Sorry) Americans should be ashamed of this!! US had torned Iraq, but that doesn't meant football there is dead!!!

Anyway I'm happy at least Middle-Eastern Country Wins. Sadly Iran lose.. They're my favs.
"Good quality will be known among your enemies, before you ever met them my friend"Trobadourre de Crusadier Crux
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Balain d Ibelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2007 at 05:19
Anyway.. I'm happy about the atmosphere and fulness od seats and unanarchism at the Final here in Jakarta. Usually when a team loses their fans here will became "Bulls of the Running of the Bulls", and sometimes if the teams weren't favs, the Stadium will be as empty as a scary house.
"Good quality will be known among your enemies, before you ever met them my friend"Trobadourre de Crusadier Crux
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Balain d Ibelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2007 at 05:21
Anyway, my neighbours were sad -- They're mostly are having Arab-Indonesia blood or pure Saudi ArabsCryLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12