Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greatest Warrior of All times

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Your Greatest Warrior of All times
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
16 [15.09%]
13 [12.26%]
4 [3.77%]
2 [1.89%]
3 [2.83%]
18 [16.98%]
8 [7.55%]
5 [4.72%]
17 [16.04%]
12 [11.32%]
4 [3.77%]
4 [3.77%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Balain d Ibelin View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Balain d Ibelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greatest Warrior of All times
    Posted: 21-Jul-2007 at 01:36
Well.... what's your favoutrite Warrior of all times??

You can also score by its fighting 'greatness'

Edited by Balain d Ibelin - 21-Jul-2007 at 01:39
"Good quality will be known among your enemies, before you ever met them my friend"Trobadourre de Crusadier Crux
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2007 at 23:32
What can I say but knights? They may have lost many battles but they won the war for hearts and minds. The knight code is still at the basis of Western thinking. 
elenos
Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2007 at 22:09
I'd choose a warrior who kills with his own hands, not uppon a horseback , shooting from 200 metersThumbs%20Down

Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2007 at 17:26
knights look cool.but wearing tons of armour is not bravery.I prefer their Mameluke counterpart.
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
ConradWeiser View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote ConradWeiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2007 at 18:38
Best warrior?

The Berserkers! I mean, they took off their clothes, got hopped up on drugs, and ran into battle with big bad heavy weapons screaming taunts, obscenities, and stuff nobody could quite understand, at the top of their lungs!
Hug
I mean, who WOULDNT call that fun??

Berserkers weren't the most effective warriors (which is all relative anyway), but the certainly were the one-and-only best!
Cool

Another year! Another deadly blow!
Another mighty empire overthrown!
And we are left, or shall be left, alone.
-William Wordsworth
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2007 at 19:00
Pirates.
Arrrgh!!"
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2007 at 20:46
Berzerkers all the way! 
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
Samurai
Samurai

Quote ConradWeiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2007 at 21:25
Thumbs%20Up Yeah baby!!!!!!!Clap
2 Votes for the BERSERKERS!!!
-William Wordsworth
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2007 at 22:47

No Spanish knights? What about Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar: the Cid?

No warriors of the New World? What about the Inuits (defeated Norses), the Sioux, the Aztecs, the Mayans, the Jibaroes, the Mapuches? In the last group my favorite is Lautaro!

Too few options, I am afraid. 
Samurai
Samurai

Quote ConradWeiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2007 at 23:14
Yeah! 2 More BERSERKERS!!!!

This proves that they were definately the best!
-William Wordsworth
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2007 at 15:48
My choice goes 2 fanatic football(soccer) supporters
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2007 at 13:08
Originally posted by ConradWeiser

Best warrior?

The Berserkers! I mean, they took off their clothes, got hopped up on drugs, and ran into battle with big bad heavy weapons screaming taunts, obscenities, and stuff nobody could quite understand, at the top of their lungs!
Hug
I mean, who WOULDNT call that fun??

Berserkers weren't the most effective warriors (which is all relative anyway), but the certainly were the one-and-only best!
Cool

I'd like to point out that if they had taken drugs like you state then I think that their reaction times would have been MUCH slower. Think about it, and compare to say modern day Angle Dust. Someone on Angle Dust hasn't exactly got the reaction rate of a cat.
I think they may have danced themselves into a frenzy, with the help of booze. You can still swing an axe pretty well when your drunk. Just swing it near the guy who appears 3 times..

That being said, I'm no expert on Bersekers.
But I agree, they were quite cool, Imagine being insulted by some massive Germanic guy wearing his B'day suit and hold some big ass axe. Screw standing there, ARCHERS! Please help!! lol...

In my opinion, Longbow is the best, Look at agincourt (spelling?) They massacre the French! This isn't a queation of bravery or honor, but of efficiency. And a long Bow can take out quite a few men... But like all units it has its downfalls like lack of armor.. But when used in correct situation, the pwn.LOL
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2007 at 05:44
Originally posted by Shield-Wall

In my opinion, Longbow is the best, Look at agincourt (spelling?) They massacre the French! This isn't a queation of bravery or honor, but of efficiency. And a long Bow can take out quite a few men... But like all units it has its downfalls like lack of armor.. But when used in correct situation, the pwn.LOL

The longbowmen didn't win Agincourt.  The arrows that the english were using couldn't pierce the French knights armour. What did beat the French was the terrain, the heavy armour they were wearing slowed them down and when they fell over in the mud they couldn't get back up so many knights suffocated if they weren't lucky enough for some english fellow to come and kill them before they ran out of air.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2007 at 05:57
This article gives a great overview of the battle, and concludes with an analysis of the Longbow, and its role at Agincourt.
http://www.allempires.com/article/index.php?q=battle_agincourt
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2007 at 07:08
Originally posted by Balaam

Originally posted by Shield-Wall

The longbowmen didn't win Agincourt.  The arrows that the english were using couldn't pierce the French knights armour. What did beat the French was the terrain, the heavy armour they were wearing slowed them down and when they fell over in the mud they couldn't get back up so many knights suffocated if they weren't lucky enough for some english fellow to come and kill them before they ran out of air.

True, thnx for that.
Dont know how i could forget...
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2007 at 22:16
Woah! Where are the Tercios!?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2007 at 04:00
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

Woah! Where are the Tercios!?
The what?

Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2007 at 04:10
See this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tercio

The tercios were basically a well trained and disciplined culmination of pikeman and musketeers, who earned a fearsome reputation among European warfare in the dawn of Early Modern Warfare.
Personally, I think that the reforms of Maurice of Nassau and then Gustaf's on top of them, created a superior group of fighting soldiers, but it is debatable.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2007 at 08:11
Originally posted by Athanasios

I'd choose a warrior who kills with his own hands, not uppon a horseback , shooting from 200 metersThumbs%20Down

have we been watching 300

our guys killed all your guys from a distance Tongue

But seriously

You should include the jedi aswel

you can only choose a warriors from certain periods and compare them.
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2007 at 11:14
Cavalry archers win hands down.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>