Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tour de Farce - German TV stops Coverage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tour de Farce - German TV stops Coverage
    Posted: 18-Jul-2007 at 13:17
After being informed that the German P. Sinkewitz, member of the T-Mobile Team, who left the tour on sunday after a crash, was tested positive on the use of testosterone in june, the two German TV Stations stoped the transmission of the live coverage today.
Many German Papers had written very critical about the doping in cycling-sport in the run up to the tour.
After the abrupt end of the career of the german cycling hero Jan Ullrich last year, the discussion about the cycling-sport, contaminated by doping, didn't stop.

Hypocritical cheater will demolish nearly every sport.
To be honest, seems to be , that that i'm the only clean cyclist on earth.

Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2007 at 13:38
It's a pity that this overshadows that great tour that the German youngster Linus Gerdemann is having. 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2007 at 15:14
I wonder if they would have done the same if doping scandals hit football.

Edited by Mixcoatl - 18-Jul-2007 at 15:14
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2007 at 15:57
Doping in cycling. Goes on in all sports and even youth leagues. Recently a WWE wrestler, Chris Benoit, was found with steroids in his system. Nasty. After he killed his family and commited suicide one wonders if he doped himself so much that he lost his cool. I think so.
I think floyd Landis was a dope during his trial of denial. Especially, when he tried to focus on Lance and not himself. Today Michael Vick of the NFL is in deep doo doo for sponsoring death maches with pit bulls. Not good. Millions of dollars made from the National Football League and what does he do with his money? Have some illegal dog fest where the loser ends up dead.
This year's Tour is without the stars. Boring or not it's still fun to watch the scenery.

Edited by Seko - 18-Jul-2007 at 15:58
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2007 at 14:05
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

I wonder if they would have done the same if doping scandals hit football.

doping is not the same for team sports. in sports like cycling doping ruins everything, but in teams sports, even doping doesn't guarantee sucess. personally i dislike sports were sucess depends on physical fitness, thats Aryan racial superiorness crap.

actually Eurosport also broadcasted the Tour de France from the beginning, and now that ARD and ZDF stopped, apparently private station Sat.1 has taken over from them.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2007 at 23:19

personally i dislike sports were sucess depends on physical fitness

??? Aren't all sports based on physical activity and physical activity is directly related to physical fitness?
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2007 at 15:16
well, team sports are descided mostly by skill and tactics, physical fitness only helps but is not the most important thing.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2007 at 23:32
Ah, okay I understand you now Temujin, yea personally I prefer team sports to individual events. However certain individual sports I do hold in high esteem.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2007 at 12:19

Winokurov, winner of stages 13 and 15 of the Kazakh Team Astana, was caught.

Newsagencies around the world brought this nenws a few minutes ago. A blood sample of last saturday brought the result of blood manipulations.
The Astana-Team announced its instant retreat from Tour.

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 24-Jul-2007 at 13:53

edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2007 at 13:22
I think we should set up a special Dopalympics, sort of like the Paralympics, where any sort of chemical enhancement goes. This way we can keep the Olympics pure and regulate the roidies - they should be kept in special facilities where they do not interact with the general public, sort of like prisons but not penal in nature. You'd sign some sort of contract and then you could become a chemathlete.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2007 at 04:27
Tour boss demands doping overhaul
Alexandre%20Vinokourov,%20who%20has%20tested%20positive%20for%20blood%20doping
Vinokourov won two stages within three days this week
Tour director Christian Prudhomme says professional cycling needs a complete overhaul in the wake of the latest drugs scandal to rock the sport.

Kazakh rider Alexandre Vinokourov tested positive for blood doping after winning Saturday's time-trial stage.

And Prudhomme said: "This has to change now. The re-conquering of cycling has to be done with the Tour de France.

"I started this job believing that we could change this system but it's not enough: there has to be a revolution."

606: DEBATE
Team Astana withdrew from the race following Vinokourov's positive test for a banned blood transfusion.

The 33-year-old, who won Saturday's time trial in Albi, reportedly had two different kinds of red blood cells, indicating he has taken blood from someone of a compatible group.

Even before Tuesday's bombshell, Tour leader Michael Rasmussen was battling suspicions for missing pre-tour doping tests, although he still seems likely to claim victory in Paris on Sunday.

BLOOD DOPING EXPLAINED
What is it?
Administration of red blood cells to increase the blood's oxygen-carrying capacity
How is it done?
Injection with someone else's red blood cells; removing own blood, storing it and returning it once body has replaced it
Why do it?
The better the blood's oxygen-carrying capacity, the greater one's endurance
Side effects:
Blood clots, overload of circulatory system, kidney damage, transmission of infectious diseases such as HIV
Chances of being caught:
Test can only detect it if the blood comes from a donor
And it comes on top of 2006 champion Floyd Landis being prevented from defending his crown for failing a drugs test during last year's Tour while Giro d'Italia winner Danilo di Luca is also being investigated.

In addition, 2006 Giro winner Ivan Basso was recently handed a two-year ban and 1996 Tour de France winner Bjarne Riis admitted using performance-enhancing drugs, as did former Telekom team-mates Eric Zabel, Udo Boelts, Bert Dietz, Christian Henn and Rolf Aldag.

Prudhomme expressed his disappointment over the latest setback and urged riders to remain clean for the good of the sport.

"The start in London was a formidable occasion to re-conquer," he said. "But there has been an absolute failure of the system.

"The riders have to understand that they are playing a game of Russian roulette if they are doping.

Everyone has been suspicious of the Astana team

Bradley Wiggins
"They have to realise that we will never give up the war against doping in which we are involved.

"Doping ruins our childhood dreams. Vinokourov has cheated and the only possible answer was - leave."

Britain's Olympic track champion Bradley Wiggins revealed he had suspicions over Vinokourov's performance in Saturday's time trial.

"I know that to put two minutes into me what power Vino would need and the effort he would have had to make and it didn't add up," he told the Guardian.

Christian%20Prudhomme
Prudhomme is demanding action after the latest drugs scandal
"At the time I was frightened of what I might say. I didn't want to accuse people because they had beaten me outright.

"But when you saw him limping the week before you couldn't help thinking about it. I think everyone has been suspicious of the Astana team.

"It is a disaster for the sport. There will be no cycling in 10 years if this goes on."

Fellow Briton David Millar, who has been an outspoken campaigner against doping since serving a two-year ban for using erythropoietin, believes cycling would take "five to years" to get out its drugs problem.

He said: "The bottom line is it is, it is finally good because the controls work, but I'm gutted as Vinokourov was one of my favourite riders."

Vinokourov was hotly tipped for this year's title but lost time in a bad crash on stage five and slipped further back in the stages in the Alps.

But he looked back to his best in a dominant time-trial on Saturday and, although he dropped out of overall contention with a disastrous display on Sunday, he won another tough mountain stage on Monday.

It just keeps happening. It seems like the cyclists have no alternative but to cheat when all those around them are cheating and winning medals. Now even Lance seems dubious.

Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2007 at 05:16

Doping helps our athletes reach new heights of excellence.

arend View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote arend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2007 at 17:35
YELLOW JERSEY OUT OF TOURNAMENT.
Michael Rasmussen will not start tomorrow(thursday) in the tour the france.
The rabobankequipe has just announced that he will not start because he did not follow teamrules. He has lied about his whereabouts in the month of june.
The "ie" in the German word Liebe is longer as the "ie" in Krieg
            Toon Hermans
 Post Reply Post Reply