Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If you are a Historical man..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Balain d Ibelin View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Balain d Ibelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If you are a Historical man..
    Posted: 17-Jul-2007 at 16:00
How if you ARE a Historucal man, such as if you are Saladin, will you make ally with the Crusaders and make war against Byzantines?? Or if you are Frederick Barbarossa, would you stay away from 3rd Crusade and change target from the Milanese to the Prussians?? Or will you just do what those men did as History wrotes it?? (I mean,examples: if you are Hannibal, you'll just keep fighting with Rome as the truth done)

The Historical man which we must post?? Anybody, historical woman may also be in the post..
"Good quality will be known among your enemies, before you ever met them my friend"Trobadourre de Crusadier Crux
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2007 at 19:17
If I was Hannibal, I would have attacked Marcellus's army sooner and stopped him starve my men out in the first place. Moreover, instead of simply ignoring other Roman cities and not placing garrisons in them (Hannibal just wanted to get to Rome as quick as he could, and so didn't bother with placing garrisons in, which were time consuming and complicated), I would decimate them, which, in the long run, would mean a longer war, but it would mean that Marcellus would also starve and I would be assured that Roman economic paralysis would do weaken Rome itself for the final assault. Supplies just kept coming in for Rome and the other Latin cities and frankly, unless Hannibal stopped that by a "scorched earth" policy, it would simply continue. I would do what Titus and Vespasian did to the Jews in their campaign that Josephus recorded- unless you have a firm state of supplies and a proper front, then there is no hope unless you decimate the enemy from within - this Hannibal failed to do.
 Post Reply Post Reply