Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Arab heritage lost?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arab heritage lost?
    Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 04:40
Originally posted by ramin

Originally posted by azimuth

... it took me 30 sec to find this site... so enjoy.

... and all this took me around 8 minutes.

Why do I feel you've a problem with me?

i dont

i just had the feeling that you are pretending not knowing any Arabic Sceintists and wanted someone else to look for them, and after they do you will say that these are NOT arabs just because they weren't born in Arabia.

and me putting times just to tell you how easy is it to find such informations with lettel effort.

anyway i guess iam wrong and sorry about the attitude.

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 11:57
It's ok well I haven't study about them that's why I thought I don't know any, but I DID know some of them.

Anyway, apart from our head-to-head situation , I say this as someone who u haven't talk to yet!; why is Khayam in the list of Islamic Scientists? He turned Iran to the pre-Islamic era, by doing so many things such as turning the calendar back to a solar system.
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 12:01

Selam,

I think that the reason for the loss of Arab heritage is for the following reasons

1) Lack of Islam- Practicing Muslims i going down. Many of the Arab nations are using Islam when it suits them (for example Saudi has laws which are in line with the Sharia yet the have a royal family . The Arab nations have forgoten that it is due to Islam that the Arabs have such a wonderful culture (The Qur'an, calligraphy, architure and again as mentioned before the many Arab scientists which were educated due to the Islam telling Muslims to learn even if they must go to china to learn something)

2) Westernisation- A big problem, azimuth said earlier the west is seen as good and as "modern" and the Arab culture is being seen as old fashioned.

3) Nationalism- In the Arabs glory days this was not much of a problem, but the west brought it Arabia to split the Arabs from the Ottoman Khalifa as well as create all the many diffrent Arab states. The holy Prophet (PBUH) says " An Arab is not better than a non-Arab and a Non-Arab is not better than an Arab"

I truly hope that i have not offended any Arabs, because personlly i like the Arab culture and i have seen what is happening in North Cyprus (TRNC) where westernisation has had a bigger influence.

Edited by OSMANLI
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 09:23

Originally posted by ramin

It's ok well I haven't study about them that's why I thought I don't know any, but I DID know some of them.

Anyway, apart from our head-to-head situation , I say this as someone who u haven't talk to yet!; why is Khayam in the list of Islamic Scientists? He turned Iran to the pre-Islamic era, by doing so many things such as turning the calendar back to a solar system.

i dont know much about him.

if he was a muslim then he is considered as a muslim scientist.

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2005 at 04:50
yes, he was muslim
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Behrouz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Behrouz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 21:12
ummm....exactly what arab heritage are we talking about?
Emile Boutros View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Emile Boutros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 22:51

"So you say you are half Lebanese?

I'll give you an example of what i am trying to say:
Emile Boutros is an Arabized 1/2 Phoenician."

Emile Boutros is 100% Arab. I have never known Phoenician or any other language but Arabic as my native one. Arabized is one who becomes Arab. I was born that way, as were both of my parents. If you are to go back, my mother is fom Constantine, a city founded by Phoenicians in Algeria. So then, am I Phoenician? No. Also, the only loonie Lebanese that claim to be Phoenicians are stupid Maronite ultranationalists, the ones that hate everyone whose not Maronite. The ones who hate so much they ally with Israel to try to wipe out Arabs and anyone else who is not Maronite. Not all the MAronites. Just the loonie evil ultranationalists that live in Israel now becuse the Lebanese won't have their idiocy. Those are "Phoenicians". People are defined by what they identify themselves as. I dated a girl who said she was nothing but Lebanese, this is what she was, Lebanese. I have also dated girls who said that they are only Arabs first, and thats what they are. My wife says she is first Persian and she is then American (soon she will not be American though) and this is what she is. Individuals define themselves. Phoenicians don't exist anyone, nobody speaks their languaeg and nobody lives their culture or arts. the only "Phoenicians" there are are as I said, Maronite loonie ultranationalists, most of whom cannot even read, speak or write Phoenician or even Syriac.

ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 18:03

There are many practical reasons why the Arab world is more "backward" (not a word i would like to use)  than it was in its prime. When it was in its prime the Arabs were much more centralized than today, with the dozen+ countries it is split into in the current geo-policital situation. Secondly, the Middle East was a passage from east to west. Eastern ideas and knowledge came through to the Arabs before it did to Europe (for the most part) and Western ideas and knowledge reached the Arabs before it reached the east. Now that ideas and research depend more on money than anything else, it is extremely difficult for the Arab world to become as centralized as they once were, mainly because their borders were drawn by the Western world, who had little knowledge of political situations in the Middle East, and it has caused much confusion and bloodshed in the area. This costs these nations a lot of money, and research and develpment and the creation of a 'golden age' means making monetary investments. Monetary investments that they simply dont have the means for right now.

As far as Arab culture....the language is so widespread. 1 Billion Muslims in the world, and they follow a book written in Arabic. The amazing thing about this statistic is that 80% of Muslims are not Arabs.

Here in Los Angeles Nergeleh or 'Hooka' bars are popping up in every city. They play Arabic music and some of the places are decorated middle-eastern style. And most of their customers are white Americans. I wouldnt worry about the general culture, its not going anywhere...at least not here.

Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12