Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chinese Prime Minister of "Korean" origin?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
The Charioteer View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chinese Prime Minister of "Korean" origin?
    Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 13:24

When the  Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao paid state visit to South Korean on 10th of April this year, the Kim clan Association of Korea paid close attention to Wen's visit, because they reckon that Prime Minister Wen Jiabao might share common ancestry with the savior of one of Kim clan's forefather's life.

The 12 century Korean history work 《The chronicle of three Kingdoms》(《三国史记》)recorded a story between Kim Chunchu and a silla man named Wen jun jie.

Kim Chunchu was the King Taejong Muyeol(654-661) , 29th monarch of Silla kingdom.

In the second year of Queen Jindeok of Silla (648), Kim Chunchu went to China as the envoy, on his way back he encountered the Goguryeon naval patrol. One of His retinue Wen jun jie sense the danger, he let Kim Chunchu board a small boat for escape, Wen put on Kim Chunchu's clothing and sit on outstanding part of the ship.Goguryeon soldiers saw Wen and mistook him as Kim Chunchu, they captured Wen and executed him. Because of Wen jun jie's sacrifice, Kim Chunchu returned to Silla unharmed. Kim Chunchu reported the incident to Queen Jindeok, Wen jun jie was honored with title by the Queen, his offsprings also received fair rewards.

Kim Chunjae, the president of Kim clan Association of Korea says:"Kim clan (of Gyeongju) have always regarded the Wen family with gratitude. If Prime Minister Wen share common ancestry with Wen jun jie whom saved general Kim chunchu's life 1379 years ago, we would like to express our gratitude through an appropriate way.

This story of Prime Minister Wen Jiabao's possible "Korean" connection was published on 《Choson Daily》

Korean edition: http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2007/04/10/2007041000038.html

photos of Prime Minister Wen jiabao and King Kim Chunchu accompanied the report

Edited by The Charioteer - 02-Jul-2007 at 13:27
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 17:25
i dunno, if he feels himself as a chinese, speaks chinese (mandarin or cantonese) then i the rest is little bit outdated "detail".

but i find it great tough that they (chinese and to some extent koreans) did keep everything recorded, very interesting.

IIRC there was also a rumor of the s. Korean prime minister being from "chinese descent", am i correct?
Killabee View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Killabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 19:39
Interesting anecdote.

But the article didn't mention that Wen Jiabao might have Korean ancestor as it clearly stated Wen Junjie 's offsprings was later rewarded by the Silla 's King, which means he didn't leave any offsprings in China.

It just said that Wen Jiaobao and Wen Junjie might somehow share the same ancestry since they both bear the last name "Wen". And the surname "Wen" originated in China, so it might be vice versa that Wen Junjie might be descendant of Chinese.
jiangweibaoye View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote jiangweibaoye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2007 at 16:03
Possible.  Anything is possible.

As DayI said, if you feel like you are Chinese, then you are Chinese.  If you feel you are Korean, then you are Korean. 

Basically, China and Korea are adjacent countries.  Stuff like this has been happening since the dawn of mankind.  That is why I find it ridiculous when some claim "racial purity" & all that stuff. 

Now, if Wen Jiaobao is of "Roman" or "Celt" origins, now that is news.

Jiangwei
Economic success breeds aggorance.
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2007 at 18:29
well they sure look alikeWink

I doubt there is any connection between the prime minister and Wen family of Korea. there are many possible origins of Wen Clan in China, one of the earliest dates back to Xia dynasty.

Chinese Wen Clan have many branches, but they are mostly living in southern part of China around  Shanxi province and Henan province with a populaton of around one million, if i remember correctly, Wen Jiabao's family came from south of Shanxi province where Wen is probably the most common last name there. 

Edited by Siege Tower - 05-Jul-2007 at 18:31
Intranetusa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Intranetusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2007 at 23:31
I'm sorry, but I can't tell. Go to "alllookalike.com" and see if you can tell the difference
Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2007 at 05:19

《The chronicle of three kingdoms》does'nt say anything about Wen jun jie's ancestry. The earliest Korean historical figure whom had  the last name Wen was a Goguryeon general named Wen da around 6th century  AD, so Wen jun jie may trace his lineage to him. But its not clear about Wen da's ancestry.

As for the origin of Wen clan in China,

the following is an introduction on this surname from Wen Clan Association of China:

"Origin of Wen clan
Descendants of Huangdi (AKA The Yellow Emperor)

The Wen clan originated from Huangdi, Huangdi was succeeded by Chang yi, Chang yi was succeeded by Zhuan xu, Zhuan xu was succeeded by Cheng, Cheng was succeeded by Lao tong(or Juan zhang), Lao tong's clan developed into Zhong li and Wu hui, the son of Wu hui is Lu zhong, the son of  Lu zhong is Kun wu. The area of activity of Kun wu clan was around the central plain, historical remains of the Kun wu clan can be found in Xia county(once the site of Xia dynasty's capital) of Shanxi province, Pu yang and Xu chang city of Henan province.

During the reign of king Xiang of Xia dynasty, a branch of the Kun wu clan founded a state at the place of Wen, because the site had hot spring, as hot spring is called Wen quan in Chinese, the state was named the Wen state. According to Ming dynasty's《Local record of Wen county》, the hot spring had dried up by the time of Ming dynasty.

In the 26th year of King Jie(reign 1818-1766 BC, last Xia king) of Xia dynasty, the Shang destroyed the Wen state. In memory of their former home, the descendants of Wen state use the name for their former state, Wen as their clan name. The remains of ancient Wen state was excavated near today's Wen county, relics such as pottery works, tools made of stone and bones etc which belong to Erlitou culture (presumably represent the culture of Xia) have been discovered. The site is the place where Wen clan originated.

Three major branches

The stele of a Tang official Wen xin records him as the descendant of Zhuan xu(grandson of Huangdi), this branch of Wen clan was derived from Ji(己)clan.

The second branch of Wen clan was derived from a branch of Ji clan, the Su clan. The Su clan was also derived from Ji clan, Wu hui is a descendant of Zhuan xu, the son of Wu hui is Lu zhong, the son of Lu zhong is Fan whom was assigned to Kun wu, the son of Kun wu was assigned to a place called Su, which is in today's Lin zhang county of Hebei province.  A branch of the Kun wu clan of Xia dynasty was assigned to there, which became the You su clan. After ancient Wen state was destroyed by Shang, You su clan moved to the area around the place of Wen. The leader of You su clan was the Marquis of Jizhou under the Shang dynasty. During the reign of last Shang king Zhou,

the daughter of Marquis of Jizhou( named Da ji,

she became King Zhou's most favorite concubine) was forcedly acquired by King Zhou(whom lusted after her reputation of a rare beauty) , this eventually led to You su clan's revolt against the Shang as they now allied themselves with Ji chang, Marquis of Xi bo(AKA King Wen, father of
King Wu

of Zhou dynasty whom overthrew the Shang dynasty). The leader of You su clan, Su fen sheng was rewarded by King Wu

for his contribution, he was assigned to the place of Wen and founded the Su state, capital was Wen city.

In the second year of King Xiang of Zhou dynasty(650BC), nomadic Di tribe invaded the place of Wen, because there was repugnance between Su state and Zhou king, the Zhou king sit watching the Di destroyed Su state without giving help. The ruler of Su state fled to Wei state, and called himself as Wen zi, his descendants then used Wen as their clan name since.

The third branch came from an official of Jin state named Xi zhi. After Su state was destroyed by the Di tribe, the place of Wen became Xi zhi's fiefdom. Xi zhi belongs to the Ji(姬) clan of Zhou dynasty, as the Jin state was founded by Tang shu yu,

son of King Wu of Zhou dynasty. As Xi zhi along with his uncles had great power in Jin court, they showed disrespect towards the ruler of Jin state, and was eventually executed by their ruler. The descendants of Xi zhi also used Wen as their surname, as it was once the name of their fiefdom.

Whether they were descended from the Ji clan of Kun wu, a descendant of Zhuan Xu,

or the Ji clan of Zhou dynasty, all three major branches of Wen clan originated around the place of Wen, in today's Wen county of Henan province.

Other branches of Wen

During the Northern Wei dynasty, the Chi wen clan, Wen gu clan, Wen pen clan, changed to Wen. According to 《history of Jin dynasty》, Jurchen clan of Wen di han, its sinicized form is Wen. During the Ming dynasty, a visiting Philippine King(of Sulu) died in China, the King's second son named Wen ha la and third son An du lu remained in China to look after the King's grave, Wen ha la's descendants have sinicized name Wen. Ethnic minority such as Taiwanese aborigines, the Buyi, Li. Zhuang, Yao also have the surname Wen. Furthermore, during the Han dynasty, one of the 36 kingdoms of "western region", the King of the state of Wen su had the surname Wen. During the Tang period, the King of Kangju kingdom also had the surname Wen. They may had connection with migration of ancient Wen people as they were merged with local ethnicities.

Edited by The Charioteer - 07-Jul-2007 at 15:36
Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2007 at 04:54
Originally posted by DayI

but i find it great tough that they (chinese and to some extent koreans) did keep everything recorded, very interesting.

Its more than interesting, its the essential element which made the Chinese culture being regarded as "The longest continuous civilization in the world".

Edited by The Charioteer - 08-Jul-2007 at 04:55
Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2007 at 05:00
Originally posted by jiangweibaoye

As DayI said, if you feel like you are Chinese, then you are Chinese.  If you feel you are Korean, then you are Korean...

Jiangwei

You are "walking into a minefield" by asserting such notion my friend.

Edited by The Charioteer - 08-Jul-2007 at 05:05
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2007 at 15:23
Originally posted by The Charioteer

As DayI said, if you feel like you are Chinese, then you are Chinese.  If you feel you are Korean, then you are Korean...

Jiangwei

I dunno much about Chinese politics or (south) Koreans one but do they research the persons history before or after he/she is elected as a president out there?

Like before i said, therefore there was a "huge" discussion out there of the possible chinese origins of south Korean prime minister (or president?). Is that sort of a tradition, or just out curiousity some people research it?
Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2007 at 19:54
Originally posted by DayI

Jiangwei

I dunno much about Chinese politics or (south) Koreans one but do they research the persons history before or after he/she is elected as a president out there?

Like before i said, therefore there was a "huge" discussion out there of the possible chinese origins of south Korean prime minister (or president?). Is that sort of a tradition, or just out curiousity some people research it?

I was referring to the following notion"if you feel like you are Chinese, then you are Chinese.  If you feel you are Korean, then you are Korean..."

I wasnt referring to your original reply, because there is difference between the two.

This is what you said originally "if he feels himself as a chinese, speaks chinese (mandarin or cantonese) then i the rest is little bit outdated "detail". "

Which is a reply to this report about Prime minister Wen's possible "Korean" connection, when you say "if he..." you were specifically referring to Wen Jiabao and what he thinks of himself, as we know he is a Chinese prime minister, the logical answer is Wen would regard himself as Chinese.

Although "if you feel like you are Chinese, then you are Chinese.  If you feel you are Korean, then you are Korean..." is a reply to your previous reply "if he feels himself as a chinese, speaks chinese (mandarin or cantonese) then i the rest is little bit outdated "detail". ", and despite the latter started with "As DayI said", its connotation is actually very different from the one it supposedly based on.

When one says "if you... ", unlike the connotation of your previous reply, this one is not in specificity, as "you" could be anybody who would comment on the related subject or topics. This means it will inevitably include ultra-nationalistic factions, so one may claim Roh moo hyun is a Chinese based on his/her feelings, or reversely, one may also claim Confucius is a Korean based on his/her feelings.

Thats why i think its like "walking into a minefield", then one should expect "explosions".

Edited by The Charioteer - 08-Jul-2007 at 20:02
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2007 at 08:35

Im sorry if i did lead you to misunderstandings, i was curious because of similar discussions going on web and media about "possible chinese/korean origins of ...", so i tried to ask what the story behind it was.

Thats why i asked to you if that was sort of tradition (media or some individuals) to research the origins of some important people?

Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2007 at 09:57
From the official website of South Korea's ministry of culture and tourism, one can see that "Dong yi" is regarded as "Korean".

But there could be problems with that assertion

For instance, Its necessary to understand the content of "Dong yi" as recorded in 《Hou han shu》(History of the Eastern Han Dynasty) and《Jin shu》(History of the Jin dynasty) which is not exclusively referring to "Korean" .

This canbe demonstrated by examining the nations described as "Dong yi" in the above two history works. Also can be verified by cross-referencing with "Xi rong", a simultaneous term used in《Jin shu》under same criteria. "Dong yi" and "Xi rong" are terms used to describe nations around China, they are in relation to the notion "Zhong guo".

This leads to the necessity of understandings on origin and development of the term "Zhong guo"(translated in English as"central state/middle kingdom) which is synonymous to "China". Examine earliest archaeological evidence of the term to trace its origin, understand its geographic and political application under different circumstances and times. based on the understanding of "Zhong guo", examine the record "Shun, man of Dong yi", verified by cross-referencing with "Xi yi", a simultaneous term used in《Meng tzu》under same criteria.

The usage of "Dong yi" in 《Meng tzu》is by no means exclusively referring to "Korean".

Inevitably, to trace the origin and development of the term "Dong yi": such as Xia as "Dong yi"; or Shang as "Dong yi", which it had different connotation under different circumstances, its relation with the notion "Zhong guo".

"Dong yi" is not even exclusively referring to certain faction of ancient China(Xia and Shang Chinese) where and when the very term was originated, least to say its a term exclusively referring to "Korean".

"Dong yi" is but one of many examples involving Sino-Korean history disputes that one cant assert something simply according to ones own feelings without examing specific issues in details.

Edited by The Charioteer - 09-Jul-2007 at 10:07
Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2007 at 07:31
Basically, China and Korea are adjacent countries.  Stuff like this has been happening since the dawn of mankind.  That is why I find it ridiculous when some claim "racial purity" & all that stuff.

Again from the official website of South Korea's ministry of culture and tourism...

The term Gojoseon is derived from Chinese "Gu Chao Xian", which literally means "Ancient Choson".

Like its necessary to trace the origin and the development of the term "Dong yi" which contradict Korean interpretation of exclusively referring to "Korean".(there will be elaboration on this)

Its also crucial to trace the origin and development of the term "Choson", most people will take the term as exclusively associated with "Korean", but its not originally.

Like the notion of "Dong yi" was originated in China,  the term "Choson" was first mentioned in Chinese document of Spring-autumn period. Originally "Choson" is only geographical term without specific political or ethnic applications. The notion of "Choson" was expanded from geographical knowledge in the begining to later incorporating certain political and/or ethnic meanings.

Gija Choson is the first recorded political entity which had established itself on the geographical domain of "Choson" as described in early Chinese document. In other words, Gija Choson was the first state to have entitled the geographical term "Choson" a political meaning.

The so called Gojoseon is a notion based on Gija Choson which was the first state to have political meaning for the term "Choson". Unlike some Korean claim that Gija and Wiman Choson took on the "Korean" torch because their state were named as "Choson", a term that nowadays is exclusively referring to "Korean", but it may not be so originally, this is one of many examples of interpreting ancient history with later formed and/or modern perspectives.

This leads to the examination of issues such as

-Dong yi's relation to Korean
-Gojeson's relation to Joseon
-Koguryo's relation to Koryo
-Balhae's relation to Jurchen and Koguryo

-What we learn from pan-Korean examples,the involvement and manipulation and bias of western "anti-sinocentism" on AE

takes volume to elaborate but im currently reluctant to do so due certain reasons.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 21:23
Thanks for your effort and the detailled information/answer you gave. 
Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2007 at 13:25

As DayI said, if you feel like you are Chinese, then you are Chinese.  If you feel you are Korean, then you are Korean. 

Now, if Wen Jiaobao is of "Roman" or "Celt" origins, now that is news.

Jiangwei

Lets analyse some of the interpretations of history by Aguda from the thread "Korean president of Chinese origin?"

quote 1-

Originally posted by Aguda

It appears that it is not really an issue whether Koreans turn their back against the Han(Chinese) heritage, but rather the Koreans really do not have Chinese heritage.

For example, in the above family roots, the origin of Lu clan is in fact non-Chinese origin from the beginning, though the Chinese eroneously believe it is of Chinese origin. So, there is no issue of whether Koreans have any Chinese origin or not from the beginning.

Yan Di and his offspring, such as Jiang Tai Gong (first King of Qi State) are in fact all Eastern Barbarians who are of Non-Chinese origin. They are closer to ethnic Koreans and Tungus people. Thus, it is proper to say that in fact some Chinese (Jiang clan, Lu clan ...) have Eastern Barbarian (Koreano-Tungus) heritage.

quote 2-

You are correct in your logic, but, only partly and totally wrong in your conclusion.

During Qing Dynasty, the Conquerors of Qing Manchu people went to the west and subjugated the Chinese.

During Yuan Dynasty, the Mongols went to the South-West to colonialize the Chinese.

During Five dynasty period, the Shata Turks went to the south to conquer the Chinese.

During the Tang dynasty, the Xianbeis went to the South West to conquer the Chinese.

During Sui dynasty, the same.

During Nan Bei Chao, the Xianbeis went the same route.

During Han dynasty, Liu Bang went to the west.

During Qin dynasty, Shi Emperor, an Eastern Barbarian, went to the south-east to conquer the Chinese.

Almost the same with Zhou, the Qiangs.

During Shang, the Eastern Barbarians departed from the North East and conquered the Chinese.

During Xia, the Huns conquered the Chinese in the same as the Shang.

During the 3 Huang (Khaans: Kings) and 5 Di(Teer-Deer: Upperlords) resided in the East and ruled the south and the west, the Chinese called the Southern Barbarians, or You Min, You Miao or Man.

notice this assertion from above post "During Xia, the Huns conquered the Chinese in the same as the Shang."

cross-referencing with another reply by Aguda and (possibly) his alias Dayanhan from other posts regarding the Xia

Originally posted by cliveersknell

I think some went north to eventually evolve into the
Xiongnu confederation. Sima Qian mentioned this .
r's
Clive

I agree. Some Mongolic people also claimed they come from Xia origin in the 3rd and 4th century.

Originally posted by Dayanhan

It's not supposition of modern scholars alone. Those historic peoples claimed so in the ancient days. Chinese later adopted the therm of "Hua Xia" after they were ruled by the Non-Chinese Hua-Xia people who were the Huns and related peoples (laterday Turko-Mongols and Altaic people).

Quote 3-

Shan Dong people are the descendant's of Eastern Barbarians, whereas the Han(-Chinese) are the offspring of Nan Man. So, Shandong people are actually the descendants of ancient Koreans. 

quote 4-

So?, Then, you say Korean President Rho is not a Korean or "Turned into Korean"?  Look at the title of this thread, I am talking about the "Origin", O.K?!!!

quote 5-

He was not. He was("I, Qiu, am an )  "Offspring of Yin (Shang) State", the Eastern Barbarian, through his mouth. There was no China at that time. He was a citizen, so to skeak, of Lu State, a vassal state of Zhou.

What is your definition of "China"?
When did it come into being? Bye!

quote 6-

Not only the Koreans in modern Korea are the Eastern Barbarians, but also those people in Bei Jing, He Baei, Shan Dong, North of He Nan and part of Jiang Su (Huai He river) were Eastern Barbarians. They share the legends of 3 Huang (Khaan, Han meaning heaven) and 5 Di (Deer, Overlord) and 3 Wang. They had the same culture (clay pots, flat back head, same type of bronze tools, etc).

Further, it is clear that Shi Huang Di comes from the Eastern Barbarian group of Ying clan.

quote 7-

Xia people were the descendant's of King YU and more than 20 ancient sources show that he was "a person from Western Qiang" or a "Western Qiang", or "Western Rong".

Are you saying these people are the Chinese? They are either Mongols or Tibetans!  Bah!

Any way, who said people come from the west to the west? Enjoy that stuff. Haha!

quote 8-

Originally posted by Danny.T

Sorry, Aquda's interpretation and only one of interpretations only is right these people are now all turned into Chinese now.   They are all Chinese.

So?, Then, you say Korean President Rho is not a Korean or "Turned into Korean"?  What an amoebic way of thinking is this?

Look at the title of this thread, I am talking about the "Origin", O.K?!!!

quote 9-

LOL
Originally posted by Intranetusa

Aquda's posts are incorrect and very biased - highlighting a nationalistic agenda. He should know that the term "Chinese" doesn't just refer solely to the Eastern Han population.

What next? Confucious wasn't Chinese?

You say the title of this title ("Korean President of Chinese origin") is not "BIASED AND NATIONALIST"? What a funny idea you here in there?

If that is not so, I can say
"Jiang Ze Min, Chinese president of Eastern Barbarian (Korean) origin",
"Jiang Jie Shi, Chinese president of Vietnamese origin", (as can be surely ascertained by historical records or family records), blah blah blah... Ha, ha, ha!

quote 10-

By the way, does this reply which excluded other dynasties, mean that you admit that other dynasties were not Chinese dynasties or that they were CONQUEROR DYNASTIES?

quote- 11

The screenname is Aguda, named after founder of Jin dynasty, who was a Jurchen conquer of China(part of China).
You are right. Our ancestors were NOT Chinese. We came from different people, culture areas and we use different languages. I am Aguda's descendant and his reincarnation as well!

Let Omar bla blah not accept my whatever. He knows nothing! I will let him know why his words are TOTALLY unacceptable to me. He will learn as times passes!

quote 12-

Originally posted by Danny.T

Shan Dong people are the descendant's of Eastern Barbarians, whereas the Han(-Chinese) are the offspring of Nan Man. So, Shandong people are actually the descendants of ancient Koreans. 

Shangdong people was not  ancient Korean
Shangdon people was part of the Dongyi.

Koreans if they did exist that time was descendants of one of the many  Dongyi tribes , there were nine Dongyi tribes.

Korean is not equal to whole Dongyi (Eastern barbarians).

Korean is only part of the Dongyi too, so does Shangdong people and some other Chinese.

Who says President Loh is not Korean now?

Same still there are Chinese citizens state to have Chosen ethnic.

Oh, my god! It looks that you are much more enlightened than other guys. Where did you even get this great enlightenment? I feel as if I see a Bodistva!

quote 13-

I read it and I will consider those rules! However, you need to think about the following. Do not use the following comments on your warning as a nother ground to issue another meaningless warning, otherwise I will take it that this FORUM is in fact for your personal purpose.:

"Looks like your socalled "warning" is out of your ignorance. So, go ahead with your warning because it looks like it is a "WARNING" about your own ignorance.

If you really want give me a TRUE warning, DO IT with your LOGIC and COUNTER-ARGUMENTS, based on your data and knowledge. If you continue to issue useless empty warning, do not worry, you can simply block me from here, which will prove your definite and true intent to give warning because you have no way to counter my logic and knowledge. I will see whether you are gonna do it again in your way or do it in the way I suggest."

By the way, I never said the Jurchns were "seaman". Let yourself tremble in your ignorance!

start with this statement by him 

You are right. Our ancestors were NOT Chinese. We came from different people, culture areas and we use different languages. I am Aguda's descendant and his reincarnation as well!

cross-referencing with another post made by his (possible)alias Dayanhan

Originally posted by Dayanhan

"Aguda (Head of Jurchens of Jin (Golden) State, directly related to the laterday Manchus)'s ancestors were Silla people (Xin Luo, a Korean Kingdom). "

Its important to trace and explore the origin of this claim. What is the basis for such claim?

You cant just go "anything is possible, if you feel like they are Korean then they are Korean or you feel like they are Jurchen then they are Jurchen.

Edited by The Charioteer - 18-Jul-2007 at 18:55
Penhold View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Penhold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2007 at 21:53
Charioteer, for your information, the article does not state that Wen Jiabao, nor the Wen clan is of Korean origin. It only states "common ancestry". This means the hero to the Kyeongju Kim clan could have the same ancestors as Wen Jiabao.

Anyway, the Greeks have Mount Olympus, the Koreans and Manchus have Mount Baekdu/Changbai.

Edited by Penhold - 26-Jul-2007 at 21:54
Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2007 at 22:01
Originally posted by Penhold

Charioteer, for your information, the article does not state that Wen Jiabao, nor the Wen clan is of Korean origin. It only states "common ancestry". This means the hero to the Kyeongju Kim clan could have the same ancestors as Wen Jiabao.

Even if i was not aware of this then i should have became aware of it after reading killabee's reply.

Originally posted by killabee

Interesting anecdote.

But the article didn't mention that Wen Jiabao might have Korean ancestor as it clearly stated Wen Junjie 's offsprings was later rewarded by the Silla 's King, which means he didn't leave any offsprings in China.

It just said that Wen Jiaobao and Wen Junjie might somehow share the same ancestry since they both bear the last name "Wen". And the surname "Wen" originated in China, so it might be vice versa that Wen Junjie might be descendant of Chinese.

Regarding this piece of news i acutally have same thought to Killabee's.

The article didnt claim Wen has "Korean" ancestry, it only stated that the Silla man Wen jun jie and the Chinese prime minister Wen Jia bao may share same ancestry as they bear the same last name.

But if one trace the origin of Wen clan, there is no doubt it originated in China, like Killabee proposed that it might be "vice versa" the Silla man Wen jun jie was descendant of Chinese.

But according to the logic of Pan-Korean nationalism, this anecdote may prove that Wen clan of China was "Korean", and the Chinese prime minister Wen jia bao might be "descendant of Korean".

Lets examine the "logic" of Pan-Korean nationalism.

In the thread "where did Xia people go?"

The original reply by a forumer was
Originally posted by Cliveersknell

I think some went north to eventually evolve into the
Xiongnu confederation. Sima Qian mentioned this .

Then Aguda who is a known Pan-Korean nationalist replied

I agree. Some Mongolic people also claimed they come from Xia origin in the 3rd and 4th century.

Obviously Aguda'a reply is based on Sima qian's mention of some remanents of Xia had fled to north and evolved into the Xiongnu.

But then from a later reply in the thread "Korean president of Chinese origin?"

Aguda claimed that

During Xia, the Huns conquered the Chinese in the same as the Shang

Thats the interesting part for two reasons, firstly according to his(Pan-Korean nationalist) "logic", the possible fact mentioned by Sima qian that some earlier Xia remanents evolved/incorporated into laterday Xiongnu acutally means the Xia dynasty were "non-Chinese" dynasty but rather a period when "the Huns conquered the Chinese".

Its like one claim a white sheet is actually black simply because the inks later appearred on the sheet is black.

So like Jiangweibaoye said anything is possible, but according to Aguda's Pan-Korean nationalist "logic", that the fact Wen jun jie was a Silla(a Korean kingdom) man actually provide an opportunity to claim that the Wen clan was acutally "Korean", therefore the prime minister Wen jia bao is actually Korean descendants.

Thats exactly why he would claim things like

Because Shandong has some connection to "Dongyi", and because "Dongyi" has some connection to "Korean", then Shan dong people are actually "the descendants of ancient Koreans". etc

secondly, he says the "Huns conquered the Chinese in the same as the Shang"

is actually claiming Shang was not Chinese as well.

"in the same" may suggests, since Shang has connection to "Dongyi", "Dongyi" has connection to "Korean", then Shang dynasty was actually a time when "Korean conquered the Chinese" just like the "Huns conquered the Chinese" during the Xia.

similar pattern can be observed from other posts made by his alias(or Pan-Korean nationalists)

The Di and King Yaos ethnic background

that Pan-Korean nationalism first dispute certain ancient Chinese were not Chinese, then through misintepretation of certain "historical evidences" to prove that not only "Chinese were not Chinese", but many previously thought to be "Chinese" were actually "Koreans".

Which is a logic obviously entwined with a sentiment mixed of "anti-Chinese" emotion and "pan-Korean" nationalism.

Which is correspondent with what we have learnt about his personality by past experience on AE "A guy called Dayanhan, as you must have noticed, has been making numerous threads and posts, all of which have the same theme - "refuting" Chinese history. A typical subject title of his threads would be "Was such and such Chinese?" First of all, if all those threads are only for intellectual discussion purpose, it COULD BE acceptable. (But even that is debatable.) However, according to Gubook, our Korean moderator who knows this Dayanhan guy a little, he is an Korean ultra-nationalist who harbours a very strong anti-Chinese sentiment. He believes in things like the Chinese script was actually invented by Koreans and Confucius was a Korean. So far he hasn't mentioned these absurd facts yet but the threads and posts that he's made so far follow a very similar theme."

Now the idea of the Chinese script was actually invented by Koreans wasnt only held by such known "Pan-Korean nationalist" as Aguda, but some of the Korean history student with "mild" manner also was influenced by it, there was a thread made by him exploring the possibility of Korean invented Chinese script, the difference though is "mild" Korean adjust their perspective when they see counter-argument which denounces his, while "pan-Korean nationalists" will continue  in believing their view despites there exposes too many problems with it.

Another time on AE, some "mild" korean fourmers even mistook Qin shihuang's burial mound as "evidence of ancient Korean civilization in China".

Just how much "Pan-Korean nationalist" history perspective has influenced current Korean minds should not be neglected.

So its necessary to trace Wen clan's origin, just in case this piece of news, this anecdote is not distorted again by certain "Pan-Korean nationlists".

Like the Chinese were talking about "yet another act of Korean distortion of Chinese history" some weeks ago when another news from Chinese internet source says some Korean history professors claim Chiyou not only was "the ancestor of the Korean", but contrary to traditional legends by both Han and Miao(whom regard Chiyou as their ancestor),he actually defeated Huangdi.

("Chiyou/Chiwoo the great" conquered Huangdi)

Xia was "Huns conquered the Chinese", Shang was "the "Korean" conquered the Chinese", now Chiyou conquered the Huangdi was "ancient Korean conquered ancient Chinese".

Now one may wonder whats the basis for this piece of history.

After claiming "Dongyi" is exclusively referring to Korean, some "Pan-Korean nationalists" are now claiming Chiyou is exclusively associated with Korean.

Like the case with "Dongyi", this proposition will cause too many problems.

Edited by The Charioteer - 27-Jul-2007 at 23:55
Penhold View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Penhold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2007 at 11:15
I wouldn't talk Charioteer. Chinese people believe that all Asians originate from China.

They also think the Korean language is dialects of Chinese.

I once argued with a Chinese guy who grew up on Chinese nationalist education. He thinks China's territory was the same throughout ALL of China's history, including Tibet and regions north of the great wall. He got very upset with me when I told him it wasn't so.

Even if i was not aware of this then i should have became aware of it after reading killabee's reply.

Then you must also be aware that your reading comprehension skills have a problem. You should cease this hostility towards Koreans since it probably the result of your misunderstanding. East Asians are divided enough as it is, you don't have to make it worse.

"Because Shandong has some connection to "Dongyi", and because "Dongyi" has some connection to "Korean", then Shan dong people are actually "the descendants of ancient Koreans"."

Shandong people did not originate from the Korean peninsula. But neither did todays "Koreans". Koreans know this, so when they group together Shandong people and their own people, it is because they believe they share a common ancestry.

Edited by Penhold - 03-Aug-2007 at 11:47
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 21:03
Originally posted by Intranetusa

I'm sorry, but I can't tell. Go to "alllookalike.com" and see if you can tell the difference

I believe you mean www.alllooksame.com

(Credit to Cwyr and Gubookjanggoon for first using the sloganizer.)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>