Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Afghan Turbans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afghan Turbans
    Posted: 01-Jul-2007 at 15:27

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2007 at 15:30

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2007 at 15:33

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2007 at 15:34

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2007 at 23:57

Wow, it's more difficult then I thought. I thought you just had to roll it around and tie it in the end or something.

When I was little, I stapled the toliet paper turbans. That's when staples became my most hated enemy.

Join us.
Traveller View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Traveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 01:29
Nice thread but it seems the guy in the pics is shy.Embarrassed
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 02:00
Interesting thread.
Surely there are dozens upon dozens of ways to wrap a turban. I'd be curious to know if there is as much variety in the turbans of Afghanistan as there are in India.

Sadly with the way modern western media reports on the South/Central Asian and Middle Eastern world these days... anyone wearing a turban is often viewed as tantamount to a terrorist.

It's shame. The diversity and symbolism with turbans and their different styles is fascinating.
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 14:40
There are so many different styles to wear in Afghanistan from the Turban worn by public officials, to the turban of Poets, to the Turban of Malangs (Sufi mystics who devote their life to God), to the turbans of the Tajik, to the Various turbans of the Pashtun, and even the Hazara and Uzbek.

Ahmadzai, great job in showing how to tie it.  My father would tie it the first way but without a skull cap, he says the true way of tying a turban, you don't need a hat to cover the top. 

Thanks for sharing, and I hope this isn't your first and last post.

Edited by Afghanan - 02-Jul-2007 at 14:40
The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 16:16

In Afghanistan there are many different styles. But basically they are quite similar. If I have some time I will show another style which is slightly different.

And Indeed, Afghanan, the original proper style of the Pashtun is wearing one without a hat.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 17:03
Originally posted by Ahmadzai

In Afghanistan there are many different styles. But basically they are quite similar. If I have some time I will show another style which is slightly different.

And Indeed, Afghanan, the original proper style of the Pashtun is wearing one without a hat.
are you an Uzbeki afghan?

btw great pictures, i need to learn that cuz i wanna take a picture of myself like this one:

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 17:56
No. I'm a pashtun. And the turban you posted  is a painting. And it is not a correct impression of how those tyles of turbans are tied. In fact this particular style is quite similar to the ones I posted.
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2007 at 15:57
Salamona gran wror,
Wo dee web pan'i ta sh'a raghle aw derta herkalai wayam, khudai de wokr'e che sh'a wakht ter kr'e and da pagr'e pa akla, d'eer shayesta de tar'ale wo.

Per hewadwalo mayen,
Gharanai

DocStaph View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote DocStaph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2007 at 02:39

Absoultely dazzling..

Pregnancy is a Death Sentence to an Afghan Woman!
DocStaph View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote DocStaph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2007 at 02:42
Originally posted by Gharanai

Salamona gran wror,
Wo dee web pan'i ta sh'a raghle aw derta herkalai wayam, khudai de wokr'e che sh'a wakht ter kr'e and da pagr'e pa akla, d'eer shayesta de tar'ale wo.

Per hewadwalo mayen,
Gharanai

Your pashto is awful
Pregnancy is a Death Sentence to an Afghan Woman!
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2007 at 04:59
Fascinating glimpse into the world of turbans!
elenos
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2007 at 12:41
Originally posted by DocStaph

Your pashto is awful

Regards dear brother,
First of all glad to know that in this forum we have one more person who do know Pashto on the other hand I do agree that my Pashto is not that good as no one is perfect but could you please tell me my mistake in that as we all learn from our mistakes.

elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2007 at 00:54
Not only was your pashto good, it was very good of you to share this information with us, we are indebted to you for showing such wonderful details of personal life. I always thought people bought the whole thing ready made rather than take time to create it every morning.  I suppose there are different styles for going out rather than putting on day wear?
elenos
AFG-PaShTuN View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AFG-PaShTuN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2007 at 01:21
Apareeney! Der ala, mo der zal koshesh wakah kho hets may sam wanasho taralai, wos bo da khaira sara sam pa maza wa taral she! Manana yeah de postak na day!

I'm gona post up my Turban style soon...

Nora, Pashthana/Awghanon dolatha nera a der shawe, der shaistha! Wos ye ila maza wakra!

Thar bia poray, par Loi Khudai mo spaaram!
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2007 at 01:27
Please do post your turban style. It's most disturbin' when the ain't no turban!
elenos
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2007 at 22:57
Originally posted by AFG-PaShTuN

Apareeney! Der ala, mo der zal koshesh wakah kho hets may sam wanasho taralai, wos bo da khaira sara sam pa maza wa taral she! Manana yeah de postak na day!

I'm gona post up my Turban style soon...

Nora, Pashthana/Awghanon dolatha nera a der shawe, der shaistha! Wos ye ila maza wakra!

Thar bia poray, par Loi Khudai mo spaaram!

Still waiting for that one!
The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>