Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Creation of Israel.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creation of Israel.
    Posted: 19-Jan-2009 at 15:09
Originally posted by Hebrewtext

the Samaritan community of Nablus was evicted recently to a settelment near mt. Grizim and are under the protection of the Israeli army ,like other Jewish settelments.

As a matter of fact rather than rhetoric, in approximately 1963 I tried to get our Israeli stringer to take a photographer and do a story about the Samaritans. He pointed out that he couldn't because it was over the then sealed border between Israel and Jordan[1]. So I had instead to find a photographer and a writer to go up there from Amman.

Whatever the situation recently, historically the Samaritans did not live in Israel.

[1] At that time the West Bank was still annexed to Jordan.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2009 at 18:48
Originally posted by Vorian

When Israelites kill civilians, they call it Error but when Palestians do it, not only themselves but other Muslims call it Honor.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 02:07
dont worry cyrus   when Israeli air force kill iranian civilians they will be called Heros
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 03:19

Originally posted by gcle2003

An alternative to Palestine might be Canaan, I'm not clear on that, but 'Palestine' has the advantage of actually referring to more or less the same area. Granted it's only 2,000 or so years old, but it is ar least accurate.

"The Levant" is a good compromise, and has a long history in English usage as well. It's a little less precise than Canaan or Palestine, though - Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon fall into the scope of the term. But I use it sometimes anyway, as a neutral term for Palestine.

Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 10:56
"The Levant" is a good compromise
No it is not. Palestine is Palestine. Calling it by any other name legitimises Zionist colonisation and ethnic cleansing.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 13:03
What is the question in this thread? "Where would you create Israel and and why?"

Please notice that you are talking about a country and people who live there, what are replies? for example:

Originally posted by maqsad

I would have put Israel in Malta. Hardly anyone else lives there and it would not have displaced any Arabs or enraged any Arab governments. The world, especially the mideast would have been a more peaceful place. 

If it is not wrong, I replace "Isreal" with "Islam" and "Arab" with "Persian" (Sassanid period):

Creation of Islam.

Where would you create Islam and and why?

I would have put Islam in Malta. Hardly anyone else lives there and it would not have displaced any Persians or enraged any Persian governments. The world, especially the mideast would have been a more peaceful place.
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 13:37
Yeah, let's expand our mental horizons by ridiculous comparisons. 

If it is not wrong, I replace "Isreal" [sic] with "Banana" and "Arab" with "Potato":

Creation of Banana.

Where would you create Banana and and why?

I would have put Banana in Malta. Hardly anyone else lives there and it would not have displaced any Potatos or enraged any Potato governments. The world, especially the mideast would have been a more peaceful place.
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 13:44
Hello Cyrus

Here is the thing, the last time an Arab dynasty ruled over Iran, part of it actually, were the fully Persianfied Muzzaffarid 700 years ago. Before that the last vestiges of Arab rule ended about 400 years before that. Just as the Arabs came they went and THEY DIDN'T ethnically cleanse Persia of either its language or its people or even its religion (Zoroastrians were wiped out by the various "native" persian dynasties as well as mongols and lastly the Safavids).

By the way, Islam is a religion not an ethnicity, you can't put it anywhere, if people peacefully wanted to become muslims, like the majority of Arab tribes of Yemen, Najd, Bahrain and the levant, and they came and declared themselves muslims which is what happened in the year 9 AH (630-631 AD), I will not refuse them and will be glad to add them to my state.

Zionism is exactly the opposite of what I mentioned above.

Al-Jassas
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 14:11
Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

Yeah, let's expand our mental horizons by ridiculous comparisons. 

If it is not wrong, I replace "Isreal" [sic] with "Banana" and "Arab" with "Potato":

Creation of Banana.

Where would you create Banana and and why?

I would have put Banana in Malta. Hardly anyone else lives there and it would not have displaced any Potatos or enraged any Potato governments. The world, especially the mideast would have been a more peaceful place.

LOL

Hebrewtext View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Hebrewtext Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 15:49

The land was never ever called Israel by anyone. Part of it was for a short while. Even  in the Jewish scriptures it was not called Israel.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry from that nonsense.

Edited by Hebrewtext - 20-Jan-2009 at 15:51
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 16:03
Originally posted by Hebrewtext

The land was never ever called Israel by anyone. Part of it was for a short while. Even in the Jewish scriptures it was not called Israel.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry from that nonsense.

Maybe defeat that with proper academic effort?.. laughing or crying only confirms the statement.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 18:08

Thanks god that there is a Jewish state in the Middle East, otherwise God knows what would happen in this region under the absolute rule of Muslims! Confused

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 18:18
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Thanks god that there is a Jewish state in the Middle East, otherwise God knows what would happen in this region under the absolute rule of Muslims! Confused

Embarrassed

You're a riot Clap

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 18:31
The Christian Armenians were masacred, who would be the next poor people?

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 18:34
...and what does your statement have to do with the topic?
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 18:42
Isn't it the first post:

Originally posted by pekau

I was just wondering... the establishment of Israel in Middle East clearly did not work out. What if you, as the representive of the victorious Allies, had the power to decide where Israel will be established? Where would you create and and why?

And according to your decision, how would it change the world we live in today? Towards better? Towards worse?
Do I have right to say "Towards worse"? Or should we just talk against Israel in this thread?
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 18:50
The topic is called, "Creation of Israel". But if you think, since it's creation, that moslems have gone on massacring christians (especially Armenians) during the time of Israel's creation then prove it.

For you 'it' is worse perhaps. But then again you should open another thread about your grudge cause you have your timelines mixed up about this one. And I assume you also care nothing about moslems that were massacred.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 19:06
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

The Christian Armenians were masacred, who would be the next poor people?

The Muslims at around the same time (Ottoman) were being massacred, too in around the same places by Armenians. So... Yes. Talk about objectivity.

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 22:37
I'd be happy for as many Jews as want to immigrate to Australia, but not to create a separate homeland in the Kimberly.

The Kimberly is still majority aboriginal, so hundreds of thousands of foriegners flocking into it wouldn't be better for the aboriginies that it is for the Palestinians (worse probably, the Palestinians are more numerous and stronger), not that Aboriginies were even counted in 1948. The eastern states were well and truely stolen from the aboriginies by the 1860s so it is safe to come here - the crime of genocide is on someone else's shoulders.

(And seriously, the Sassanids lost 1300 years ago. Get over it already!)

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 20-Jan-2009 at 22:39
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 23:07
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

(And seriously, the Sassanids lost 1300 years ago. Get over it already!)

LOLLOLLOLLOL
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>