Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Creation of Israel.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Hebrewtext View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Hebrewtext Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creation of Israel.
    Posted: 06-Apr-2009 at 11:54
more than 60 % of Jews in Israel has European -American ancestries,
from the Israel  bureau of statistics:

watch that most of the born abroad ,also came from Europe.

Renegade View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Renegade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2009 at 19:11
After centuries of suffering oppression in their home countries, I can understand the desire for a Jewish-majority state. However, in creating the state of Israel after the horrors of WW2 there was a big problem: there's already people living there. The Arabs got screwed over and got their land taken away from them. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Instead of creating Israel, the governments of Europe should've offered compensation in other forms. If there's any place to create a Jewish state, I believe that somewhere between Germany and Poland would be best because first of all alot of Jews lived there and secondly because it was the Germans' who began the Holocaust and through many decades they have accepted their guilt.

Originally posted by edgewaters

Actually there were proposals that were entirely amenable to the Jews in the post-war period that suggested Western Canada as a potential location. It was sparsely populated, had great resources, and it was a good spot to do trade from.

But Canada objected vociferously. Which was entirely unfortunate in hindsight - it would have been so simple, so easy.

Very interesting, I never knew that.

I for one wouldn't mind having a Jewish state in Western Canada, after all our country is dangerously underpopulated for such a huge piece of land Wink. But then again our PM at the time, William Lyon Mackenzie King, was an anti-Semite along with many Canadians at that time.

"I kill a few so that many may live."

- Sam Fisher
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2009 at 00:49
Originally posted by Renegade

there's already people living there.

OK, then what about the  Jews "already living"  in Isreal

Edited by Miller - 31-Aug-2009 at 01:02
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2010 at 15:12
Actually Arabs/ Jordanians?/ Syrians still make up a considerable portion of Israels population! And they are voting members!

Again, it was Jordan who rejected / expelled, the so called Palestinians!
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2010 at 11:36
Why would the Jordanians want so many refugee's in there country? If the Mexicans were kicked out of Mexico, would the US take them in?

Palestinians as a seperate group existed before the creation of the country of Jordan, I find it amusing how you can deny their existence and simply call them Syrians and Jordanians.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 21-Aug-2010 at 11:37
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2010 at 18:04
Then, I would respectfully suggest Mere Simba, that you review any good history of the creation of Israel, and the "creation" of the so called "palestinians?"

It is you who have some problem understanding the old political climate that existed after WWII!

I hope one of our other "experts" will agree that my view is not a politically correct one, but the "correct" one!

Is anyone else up to the task?

I "Mere(ly)" responded!
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2010 at 18:51
Simply put, you're wrong and ignorant regarding the subject.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 21-Aug-2010 at 18:52
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2010 at 18:55
Thanks, little kitty! (Note there is a lot of irony here! )

But, I still love you guy!

Edited by opuslola - 21-Aug-2010 at 18:58
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2013 at 20:50
I wonder what ever happened to my great opponent "The Great Simba!" who certainly had a very high opinion of his/her self! Does anyone know?

Regards,
Ron

Edited by opuslola - 11-Dec-2013 at 20:50
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2014 at 20:37
Originally posted by ChickenShoes

isn't israel where Judea used to be? if so, that is the right place is it not?

I agree, but wouldn't it be great if Israel and Palestine could agree to live side by side in harmony.

I can see both sides of the argument and I agree with both sides on many points, but in the long term, Hamas must stop firing rockets into Israel and committing other provocative acts and Israel must take a much more liberal attitude towards Palestine.

I live in hope.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2014 at 11:10
Originally posted by opuslola

I wonder what ever happened to my great opponent "The Great Simba!" who certainly had a very high opinion of his/her self! Does anyone know?

Regards,
Ron

Not a clue.  He vanished without any word as to why.  I've long held a suspicion that he was one of the "Kid Mafia" from .net.  But just a suspicion, no real grounds for it.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2014 at 13:38
*Creation of Israel on ancient Judea is just romantic nationalistic act same as taking Ottoman lands in Balkans for Turks or hoping a Greek Istanbul for Greeks. However there is a difference, they achieved.

*The pain of Palestinians reguees is similar with Holocoust and it is still hot.

Most of today's Israelians doesn't belongs those land, they were coming from abroad. Jews population of those land was less then 10%

so I am looking Swizerland election about immigration and their effort to stop it or Canada, they have just changed their laws to make difficult the being citizen.

but Palestians didn't have a choice or nobody asked them. 

Edited by Ollios - 09-Feb-2014 at 13:38
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910