Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Creation of Israel.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
aslanlar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aslanlar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creation of Israel.
    Posted: 04-Jul-2007 at 16:06
Well it's not as if anyone is paying attention to the Arabs words of reason. Edgewaters post about the betrayal of Britain is perfect example of that.
"The league is alright when sparrows dispute but it can do little when eagles argue" -Mussolini
PanzerOberst View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote PanzerOberst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2007 at 16:24

I read somewhere (will get the title later) that the creation of the state of israel was agreed on before WW1 by a group of influential jewish people who met in London if I'm not mistaken. 

I wonder what would the US govt. say if the native Indians of N. America was to make the same demands as the zionist, ie. it's their god given land. 
"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows"
- Heinz W. Guderian
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2007 at 17:55
Well there was a jewish state in Russia before 1948.

Knight
Knight

Quote PanzerOberst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2007 at 18:02
Originally posted by erkut

Well there was a jewish state in Russia before 1948.

Wow, i didn't know that. Thanks for the info erkut. No wonder I've read that there were jews fleeing hitlers germany residing in shanghai. But if this oblast was already there, why would they go to china instead? Or did they create this oblast after ww2?
- Heinz W. Guderian
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2007 at 13:11

Before WWII.  Actually i wrote this before in this forum but i couldnt find it now.  Here that page could help you http://eao.ru/eng/?p=361 

Knight
Knight

Quote PanzerOberst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2007 at 17:23
Many thanks erkut, for your kind assist. It surely makes an interesting read.
- Heinz W. Guderian
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2007 at 21:10
Well done. You put a lot of research into that paper, erkut. Do you have a connection?
elenos
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2007 at 16:44
Originally posted by elenos

Well done. You put a lot of research into that paper, erkut. Do you have a connection?

What kind of connection Wink
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2007 at 22:35
A family connection to that particular area perhaps? 
elenos
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2007 at 19:45
But if this oblast was already there, why would they go to china instead?

Rumour has it that its not a particulary desirable place to live. Besides, city folk like cities, why would they move to a rural wilderness when they can move to another city?
Arrrgh!!"
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2007 at 08:22

A family connection to that particular area perhaps? 

No i dont
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2007 at 09:12
Then I congratulate you on your fine research that was done in spirit of gathering knowledge about other cultures. Well done. 
elenos
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2007 at 09:43

Then I congratulate you on your fine research that was done in spirit of gathering knowledge about other cultures. Well done. 

Well what can i say? I just love history Embarrassed 
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2007 at 12:23
I would have put Israel in Malta. Hardly anyone else lives there and it would not have displaced any Arabs or enraged any Arab governments. The world, especially the mideast would have been a more peaceful place. 
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2007 at 12:27
Originally posted by maqsad

I would have put Israel in Malta. Hardly anyone else lives there and it would not have displaced any Arabs or enraged any Arab governments. The world, especially the mideast would have been a more peaceful place. 

Well, after the Maltese entry into The EU in 2004, the Arabs of North Africa have been trying a lot to get in there..So basically you would create another state to experience perennial state of conflict between Jews and Arabs
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2007 at 10:17
Originally posted by PanzerOberst

I read somewhere (will get the title later) that the creation of the state of israel was agreed on before WW1 by a group of influential jewish people who met in London if I'm not mistaken. 

I wonder what would the US govt. say if the native Indians of N. America was to make the same demands as the zionist, ie. it's their god given land. 

No I don't think there would have been any territorial conflict because Malta cannot conquer any adjoining lands since it has none. And who would try and invade Malta? The Sicilian mafia's secret navy? Algeria?

Plus Jews were and still are largely a diaspora mainly spread across the US and EU and international trade and commerce is one of their favorite occupations. Malta would have been an ideal location for their merchant and banking community to headquarter or at least plant a few hubs in. In fact, since most of them are probably atheists I think they would have been a little  happier in Malta than Palestine/Israel over the last 60 years.  Needless to say the lebanese and palestinians would probably have enjoyed better lives too.
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2007 at 12:14
Oh yeah, that's a brilliant idea! Currently, Malta has a population density of 1282/km2. which is huge. How could one realistically expect to fit in potentially another 14 million jews on an island of 300km2, is beyond me... Also, how do you think the maltese would have felt about this?
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2007 at 12:29
Originally posted by Decebal

Oh yeah, that's a brilliant idea! Currently, Malta has a population density of 1282/km2. which is huge. How could one realistically expect to fit in potentially another 14 million jews on an island of 300km2, is beyond me... Also, how do you think the maltese would have felt about this?

Actually there are only about 5 million Jews in Israel ... 14 million sounds more like the global total.

Still, Malta sounds quite unreasonable!

The Uganda Proposal wasn't so bad. It's underdeveloped, but so was the Levant - and the Levant is arid and resourceless, Uganda has some of the best-watered land on the planet and it was only very sparsely inhabited. Even today it is a curiousity because it contains some of the world's most fertile land, yet it is almost entirely undeveloped.
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2007 at 13:57
Originally posted by edgewaters

The Uganda Proposal wasn't so bad. It's underdeveloped, but so was the Levant - and the Levant is arid and resourceless, Uganda has some of the best-watered land on the planet and it was only very sparsely inhabited. Even today it is a curiousity because it contains some of the world's most fertile land, yet it is almost entirely undeveloped.

Precisely agreed.

I strongly believe that if the creation of Israel had taken place in Uganda, today Uganda would have been the most developed state in the whole continent.
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

nomadII View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote nomadII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2007 at 17:44
I dont understand why they need a state, i mean most jews have nationality in some country or another, it was only due to the persucution that they suffered in these times. They no longer suffer any form of persecution, so they have no need for a homeland. I would give uganda to another group of persecuted religious people instead.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>