Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Expansionist States of Today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Expansionist States of Today
    Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 19:11
I'm not your friend, no need to entitle me like that in a condescending way.

Okey. If you let me, I will do some child and advice them to populate croatia..

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 19:37
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

One can marry a Jew or Christian, let alone establishing friendship

Islam lets Muslim men to marry Jew/Christian women, but not Muslim women to marry Jew/Christian men.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 20:44
I will elaborate: Yes it does, but he must convert to Islam first.  And a non-Muslim woman is automatically converted by marrying a Muslim man.

Edited by Zagros - 14-Jul-2007 at 20:49
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 21:09
Originally posted by Josip

#1 USA. Yup, the first spot is, hands down, taken by the USA. While USA has no direct territorial claims, and IMO doesn't have plans to actually annex any country, the style is still that of expansionism, or, colonialism. Iraq war for instance for oil and control of the region (plan failed though), conflicts in Latin America (various interests), interfering with internal affairs of Iran etc. A lot of scheming done with UK. (Engdahl: A Century Of War: Anglo-American Oil Politics and the New World Order)

#2 Islam. While not a state in itself, muslims first and foremost declare themselves as "muslims" and only after that as citizens of some states (unlike everyone else, more or less). The "panislamic state" is spreading fast via hyperpopulation (check demographics of Kosovo, last 50yrs), and once it reaches majority, the exodus of non-islamic population starts and the country becomes islamic republic. Panislamic state has a perfect strategy to counter military superior West, it uses western tools to achieve their goal (=democracy, and 'lets tolerate all'). Unlike other religions, Islam is the only religion (that i know of) which was founded by an imperialistic charismatic figgure (a conquerer, pillager of caravans etc), and the only that i know of, which clearly states that everyone should be offered to convert to Islam or die. Unlike the organized expansionist states such as USA for instance, the "panislamic state" is passive and at first seems more chaotic and divided, but is winning over the years.

#3 Serbia. I'll nominate this one, and it has been mentioned already in the thread. Serbia is, no matter how you measure it, an imperialistic country. The only problem they have is they try to take more than they can chew. In last 20 years alone, Serbia has waged war with Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, and had a conflict with Albanians in Kosovo in two occasions. Even after these conflicts, a large population of Serbia (as well as Serbian emigration) still has territorial claims for Bosnia and parts of Croatia. In 1914 it was Serbia who started First World War by assassinating Austrian archduke.

Far, far, far too POVly and insultingly written, my friend.
"I know not with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."
kurt View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote kurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 21:57

A wider context? You mean, the one that Islam is a religion founded by a pedophile murderer plunderer torturer and lunatic (for all of these there is a source in muslim holy scriptures, so it's not made up), and that Islam itself is a plague which spreads throughout the world? That islam hardly ever invented anything when compared to other civilizations, because they are primitive tribesmen stuck in 7th century? That in islamic countries you're dead if you denounce islam? That Sheria law is the worse law I've seen ever, perhaps close to laws in Old Testament laws but since those are 1000yrs older than Islam, and were overwritten in the process that doesn't even count. That women are treated like baggage? That islamic religious leaders put a price on a head of everyone who disagrees with islam and puts it to question, and now you're gonna say "these are minority"..oh yeah how come they stay in their positions of religious leaders? That on average muslims I've met have lower IQ than non-muslims (atheists included among non-muslims)?

I'm sorry, which context have I missed?

I suggest you learn about islam with first-hand experiences rather then basing your opinions on islamophobic social stigmas and misconceptions.

I could go on and on about islamic invenions, but instead i will just say this, and i hope you can understand its significance: Algebra was a concept devised by an muslim mathmetician.

Remember this: Europe was a backward, filthy, undeveloped, savage land (aside from Byzantines), who managed to catch up because of knowledge transferred to them from Islamic nations. This is called the renaissaince, it is the reason Europe finally started to become significant, and without it you would be busy cleaning the bucket you use as a toilet rather then reading this post.
kurt View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote kurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 22:01
By the way, there aren't ANY muslims concerned with a panislamic state. Imagine a state from Morocco to Indonesia! Just plain ridiculous, yet islamophobes manage to make it sound creditable. No, the panislamic state is a fable.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 22:36
Originally posted by Zagros

I will elaborate: Yes it does, but he must convert to Islam first.

Umm, when they convert to Islam, don't they cease to be Jew/Christian?

Originally posted by Zagros

And a non-Muslim woman is automatically converted by marrying a Muslim man.

I didn't know that. That's even worse.

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 00:24

Originally posted by Leonidas

islam is a political definable state, Josip? This isnt a thread on religion.

As I said, it's not politically definable state, that's why im closing the discussion from my part, because I have no desire to debate with fanatics who will not accept facts because they dont fit their life philosophy, and if I type them down they'll just say it's wrong and won't look it up themselves because they are afraid that the quotes are not out of context.
ok, we can leave Islam out of this and if your want you can start a thread on expansionists religions. you can do Islam, and i will do Latin church in Rome.

AFIAK a Serb pulled the trigger not Serbia.

I don't see the difference. If Serbia had something against it, it would put the guy into jail. Since Serbia refused to extradite the man to Austria-Hungaria, it's a bit silly to say that the whole attack was an accident and Serbia has absolutely nothing to do with it. Next thing you know, someone will say Serbia was actually supporting the Austria and the fact that they didn't want to extradite him is fabricated. The fact that Serbia was behind that is just too much for some people to hear.. i mean, sure it's not Serbia who wanted a piece of Bosnia and had a conflict with Austria... it's all science fiction. I'm new to this forum, but so far it seems no different than other forums so I think i'll just leave. It's full of people who are ready to accept what they want to accept, regardless of all evidence pointing otherwise.
of course you cant see the difference. Im not to sure the Croatian track record on handing over war criminals is good enough to make a moral stand on this.  Should i equate, using your logic, the today's Croatia with the fascist, Nazi loving and expansionist Utashe regime? Sound fair?

And with such irony, and proof of your chauvinism, that you use a local hit on a emperor and occupier, as a example of expansionismConfused. Serbs and other Bosnians live in Bosnia, not Austrians. So lets talk about empires when talking about expansionists.

It was Austrian Empire that attacked Serbia (and started WW1), causing a huge amount of Serbs to die. No one can compare this aggression, with a militant hit on a head of state. That was simply an excuse to attack. what they really wanted to do, is to stop Serbian inspired, Slavic nationalism from eroding their southern holdings.

as for 'evidence', bring it on and teach. some of us, are much more opened minded than you may assume.

Edited by Leonidas - 15-Jul-2007 at 00:27
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 03:18
And a non-Muslim woman is automatically converted by marrying a Muslim man.
This is not true for sunnis. Infact, How can someone automatically converted If he-she dont believe Prophet or God?

Josip View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Josip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 05:16
I will stay out of Islam discussion because I don't think that belongs here. I said what I wanted to say. Now let's go back to the states;

Im not to sure the Croatian track record on handing over war criminals is good enough to make a moral stand on this.  Should i equate, using your logic, the today's Croatia with the fascist, Nazi loving and expansionist Utashe regime? Sound fair?

I am not quite sure I understand you, can you clarify please?

Croatia should not have handed over a single person to the political and unjust court of Haag. As a matter of fact I'm a strong supporter or arresting Carla del Ponte next time she comes to Croatia, and convicting her of 'crimes against injustice'.

Or do you mean to say that you support the extradition of Turks generals who participated in the conflict with Kurds?

If there was a situation where Croatian citizen killed someone (without excuse) from ..let's say Turkey, and we did not try him, you would be right, yes. If we refused to hand him over to Turkey, the whole country should be hold responsible, since it's obvious that a country has interest over what he did and doesn't mind it. I hope this is clear enough?

Now, as for Ustashe regime, can you explain to me what this has to do with all of this? Ustashe were colaborators with the Nazis, and in case you didn't know, Nazis installed puppet states just about everywhere. You had people in Norway helping Nazis, in Bulgaria, Hungary, Slovakia, just about everywhere. They had their political reasons to support Nazis, but that's not debatable. The problem is that you're trying to equalize Croatia as an independent democratic state today, with a minority Ustashe regime which did not even have the support of majority of Croats, and which was just a puppet state divided between Italy and Germany. BTW:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quisling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppet_state
Now for some facts; unlike in some other countries (Serbia etc), majority of Croats joined the anti-nazi communistic movement, which was led (in whole Yugoslavia mind you), by a Croat (wow interesting eh?). That movement  won  the war against Ustashe and Nazis, so really what's your point? Do you know who was the head of Ustashe regime? Someone who did not even live in Croatia, they brought him here from Italy and installed him, after the leader of the biggest Croatian party refused to cooperate with Nazis (they asked him). The only reason why Ustashe had even such support, was because of decades of Serbian hegemony in first Yugoslavia; they didn't care about Nazis as much as getting some revenge, which honestly I can't blame em. Before WW2, Ustashe were actually a quite positive movement, literary meaning "those who stood up" against that hegemony. Along with IMRO (Macedonian movement) they assassinated Yugoslav (well, Serbian) king Alexander, which was kinda cool.
BTW, in case you didn't know, Ustashe symbols are forbidden in Croatia by law, just as Nazi ones are.

And with such irony, and proof of your chauvinism, that you use a local hit on a emperor and occupier, as a example of expansionism

What irony? What chauvinism? What local hit? What single example?

It was Austrian Empire that attacked Serbia (and started WW1), causing a huge amount of Serbs to die. No one can compare this aggression, with a militant hit on a head of state.

Yea, no one can compare militant hit on Two Towers either. Oh wait, they just did, and it resulted in the invasion of Afganistan and Iraq.
I'm sure you also don't mind some militant Kurds then.

as for 'evidence', bring it on and teach. some of us, are much more opened minded than you may assume.

Open minded? Wow, I would not want to see a close-minded Turk.
The scent of flowers does not travel against the wind but the odour of good people travels even against the wind; a good man pervades every place. The perfume of virtue is unsurpassed.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 06:00
LOL

Leonidas, I always suspecter your root.. Why did you hide your Turkish root, my greek friend..
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 07:34
I don't think it has anything to do with Sunni or Shia. Since that is only a belief in who had the right to be Caliph and  this is a matter of actual religion.  The woman is considered to have the belief in the Prophet and God upon agreeing to marry a Muslim.

Umm, yea - I was elaborating.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 07:38
Originally posted by kurt

By the way, there aren't ANY muslims concerned with a panislamic state. Imagine a state from Morocco to Indonesia! Just plain ridiculous, yet islamophobes manage to make it sound creditable. No, the panislamic state is a fable.

The very notion is cretinous. 
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 07:43
Zagros, I never heard such thing.we believe, A muslim husband dont have any right to force women. Infact He should even maintain christian women for his praying
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 07:47
Josip

LOL
Leonadis, whhhhhhhhhhhhy you terrible Turk! Tongue 

Edited by Bulldog - 15-Jul-2007 at 07:48
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 10:55

Im not to sure the Croatian track record on handing over war criminals is good enough to make a moral stand on this.  Should i equate, using your logic, the today's Croatia with the fascist, Nazi loving and expansionist Utashe regime? Sound fair?

I am not quite sure I understand you, can you clarify please?

when Serbia didn't hand over one criminal it didn't have, to the Austrians in the second decade of last century...

I don't see the difference. If Serbia had something against it, it would put the guy into jail

.... You find the whole country guilty and deserving of war, and also expansionism. A big leap in logic  and smacks of chauvinism

Now, as for Ustashe regime, can you explain to me what this has to do with all of this?
  what does a Bosnian Serb hit on the Austrian emperor has to do with the modern state of serbia?

Ustashe were colaborators with the Nazis, and in case you didn't know, Nazis installed puppet states just about everywhere. You had people in Norway helping Nazis, in Bulgaria, Hungary, Slovakia, just about everywhere.
first defence of an apologists, 'everyone else was doing it'. Big deal every one else guilt doesn't wash away anyone else's. A Nazi is a Nazi from any angle.

They had their political reasons to support Nazis, but that's not debatable. The problem is that you're trying to equalize Croatia as an independent democratic state today, with a minority Ustashe regime which did not even have the support of majority of Croats, and which was just a puppet state divided between Italy and Germany. BTW:.

I am simply using your biased logic, back on you to see how it feels. it doesn't feel nice does it, being judged about the past in such a sweeping way.

The second defence of an apologist 'but we really didn't support them'

Now for some facts; unlike in some other countries (Serbia etc), majority of Croats joined the anti-nazi communistic movement, which was led (in whole Yugoslavia mind you), by a Croat (wow interesting eh?). That movement  won  the war against Ustashe and Nazis, so really what's your point?.
The communists was full of Serbs , Croatians and Bosnians, it was a political ideology that transcends ethnic nationalism, they fought both chetniks and Utashe.

Are you now claiming the partisans as a Croatian movement?

Do you know who was the head of Ustashe regime? Someone who did not even live in Croatia, they brought him here from Italy and installed him, after the leader of the biggest Croatian party refused to cooperate with Nazis (they asked him).
irrelevant were he came from, you didn't import the rest of those thugs, now did you. without all that support who manned the Croatian army or the concentrations camps?

BTW Tito's ethnicity is also irrelevant.  His regime wasn't very popular in Croatia or Slovenia, with all that sharing of their relative wealth with such poor project provinces like Macedonia. Hence why they wanted to split when they could.

The only reason why Ustashe had even such support, was because of decades of Serbian hegemony in first Yugoslavia; they didn't care about Nazis as much as getting some revenge, which honestly I can't blame em. Before WW2, Ustashe were actually a quite positive movement, literary meaning "those who stood up" against that hegemony.
  ok now they were supported, 'but only by a little bit' . But an apologist couldnt help but to justify such support anyway.

Utashe apologist is no different to those in serbia  that are chetnik apologist. I treat both the same. 'One mans terrorist is another freedom fighter', its a very important cliche you need to remember when defending your own, yet in the same breath accusing your neighbors.

Along with IMRO (Macedonian movement) they assassinated Yugoslav (well, Serbian) king Alexander, which was kinda cool.

It was Austrian Empire that attacked Serbia (and started WW1), causing a huge amount of Serbs to die. No one can compare this aggression, with a militant hit on a head of state.

Yea, no one can compare militant hit on Two Towers either. Oh wait, they just did, and it resulted in the invasion of Afganistan and Iraq.
   Celebrating the hit on a Serbian king, than comparing the Serbian hit on a Austrian king with 9/11. No your not biased in anyway......

Originally posted by Mortaza

LOL

Leonidas, I always suspecter your root.. Why did you hide your Turkish root, my greek friend..
LOL

It had to come out eventuallyThumbs%20Up
Originally posted by Bulldog

Josip

LOL
Leonadis, whhhhhhhhhhhhy you terrible Turk! Tongue 
Clap

Edited by Leonidas - 15-Jul-2007 at 11:01
Mughal e Azam View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mughal e Azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 11:24

Look, you're from Turkey. So far 100% of muslims I've talked with, said they are not familiar with the biography of Mohammad nor Quran nor Suras, and that stuff they taught them in schools says all the best regarding Mohammad. Therefore, I'm very hesitant to enter any debate here because I have nothing to gain, but I have a lot to lose.

Now, you say that Mohammad did not colonize nor suggest to kill non-muslims? Right? Then how do you explain this:

Quran:
#  "Slay the idolaters wherever you find them. ... lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way ..." (9:5)

# "Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God˘s religion shall
reign supreme" (8:39)

# "Fight against such of those to whom the Scriptures were given ... and do not embrace the true Faith, until they pay tribute out of hand and are
utterly subdued." (9:29)

Sura 5:54
"O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends
and protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he
amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God
guideth not a people unjust."

4:101 "... For the Unbelievers are unto you open enemies."

I too believe you have a lot to lose. Unfortunately Westerners have a bad habit of picking upon any old book and start interpreting it for themselves. Which is not the case here.

Different ayahs (verses) of the Quran come down at different times and places, and it is vital to ones understanding to know what is happening when.
Surah 9: The Repentance
A (declaration) of immunity from Allah and His Messenger, to those of the Pagans with whom ye have contracted mutual alliances:-  
Go ye, then, for four months, backwards and forwards, (as ye will), throughout the land, but know ye that ye cannot frustrate Allah (by your falsehood) but that Allah will cover with shame those who reject Him.  
And an announcement from Allah and His Messenger, to the people (assembled) on the day of the Great Pilgrimage,- that Allah and His Messenger dissolve (treaty) obligations with the Pagans. If then, ye repent, it were best for you; but if ye turn away, know ye that ye cannot frustrate Allah. And proclaim a grievous penalty to those who reject Faith.  
(But the treaties are) not dissolved with those Pagans with whom ye have entered into alliance and who have not subsequently failed you in aught, nor aided any one against you. So fulfil your engagements with them to the end of their term: for Allah loveth the righteous.  
But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.  
If one amongst the Pagans ask thee for asylum, grant it to him, so that he may hear the word of Allah. and then escort him to where he can be secure. That is because they are men without knowledge.  
How can there be a league, before Allah and His Messenger, with the Pagans, except those with whom ye made a treaty near the sacred Mosque? As long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for Allah doth love the righteous.  
How (can there be such a league), seeing that if they get an advantage over you, they respect not in you the ties either of kinship or of covenant? With (fair words from) their mouths they entice you, but their hearts are averse from you; and most of them are rebellious and wicked.  
The Signs of Allah have they sold for a miserable price, and (many) have they hindered from His way: evil indeed are the deeds they have done.  
In a Believer they respect not the ties either of kinship or of covenant! It is they who have transgressed all bounds. 

Yeah, its called reading in context. In the USA they have these tests colleges require: SATs; where we have to do some critical reading before we answer questions. The answers are found imbedded in the writing and we make inferences. Sometimes it also requires a bit of background knowledge in what your reading.

Another example:
Surah 5: The Table Spread
But you will see those in whose hearts is a disease hastening towards them, saying: We fear lest a calamity should befall us; but it may be that Allah will bring the victory or a punishment from Himself, so that they shall be regretting on account of what they hid in their souls.  
And those who believe will say: Are these they who swore by Allah with the most forcible of their oaths that they were most surely with you? Their deeds shall go for nothing, so they shall become losers.  
O you who believe! whoever from among you turns back from his religion, then Allah will bring a people, He shall love them and they shall love Him, lowly before the believers, mighty against the unbelievers, they shall strive hard in Allah's way and shall not fear the censure of any censurer; this is Allah's Face, He gives it to whom He pleases, and Allah is Ample-giving, Knowing.  
Only Allah is your Vali and His Messenger and those who believe, those who keep up prayers and pay the poor-rate while they bow.  
And whoever takes Allah and His messenger and those who believe for a guardian, then surely the party of Allah are they that shall be triumphant.  
O you who believe! do not take for guardians those who take your religion for a mockery and a joke, from among those who were given the Book before you and the unbelievers; and be careful of (your duty to) Allah if you are believers. 

My knowledge of Islam isn't that of someone who has studied it for years and years, but my understanding and knowledge of Islam has so far proved to be better than all muslims I've faced. Therefore If you consider that my knowledge of Islam is insufficient, you can pick a topic and we can debate it. If i have free time and will to do it.

Yeah, i dont know where you found 5: 54 because i posted it above.
Im game for your challenge, but i doubt this is the proper venue.

Mughal e Azam
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 11:29
I still insist that you are wasting your time with a racist.

Their words are always same.

In Turkey It is kurds, USA, It is latins, Germany It is Turks and france it is muslims who are trying to over populate locals..

Every fasist repeat same tale..

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 11:34

Zagros, I never heard such thing.we believe, A muslim husband dont have any right to force women. Infact He should even maintain christian women for his praying

I am not talking about forcing a woman into anything.  If she CHOOSES to marry a Muslim she is considered a Muslim - there will be no inspections to make sure she adheres to the religion.  For example, the government in Iran considers me a Muslim even though I myself am not religious nor do I consider myself as a non-practising Muslim.  In the same way they will consider a previously Christian (or whatever) woman Muslim if she marries a Muslim man.

I know of an Iranian woman who recently married a French man, he had to go to Iran to convert to Islam in order to make it possible for him to visit Iran with her.  there is no such requirement for women.  It has nothing to do with Shiism but a theocracy which apparently places religion above everything else.  In Turkey it is different because the government is not theocratic. 
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 11:35

I still insist that you are wasting your time with a racist.

Their words are always same.

In Turkey It is kurds, USA, It is latins, Germany It is Turks and france it is muslims who are trying to over populate locals..

Every fasist repeat same tale..

Exactly right, all fascists are the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>